Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by scotte
    my smart cards all match my genisys

let me know if you need any more info

I appreciate your help
    I'll need to know the year to each smart card you plan to use. It'll definately help me narrow down where the problem is actually occuring. Well, that is once I get in front of my computer

i just checked it out and i think i know what's happening. it's not detecting and installing with the 08 smart cards correctly. have you tried installing with your 07 smart cards? if you haven't give that a try. just re-write the image onto the cf card and use your 07 cards. i'm sure it will work with your 07 cards unless there is some part in the authorization process which nulls and voids older cards (which I highly doubt). just give that a try and let me know how it works out. but if using the 07 cards don't work for you. i'll just create a new image which fixes the 08 authorization and also speed up the installation process.
    Last edited by bibms; 16th June, 2011 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bibms View Post
    I'll need to know the year to each smart card you plan to use. It'll definately help me narrow down where the problem is actually occuring. Well, that is once I get in front of my computer

i just checked it out and i think i know what's happening. it's not detecting and installing with the 08 smart cards correctly. have you tried installing with your 07 smart cards? if you haven't give that a try. just re-write the image onto the cf card and use your 07 cards. i'm sure it will work with your 07 cards unless there is some part in the authorization process which nulls and voids older cards (which I highly doubt). just give that a try and let me know how it works out. but if using the 07 cards don't work for you. i'll just create a new image which fixes the 08 authorization and also speed up the installation process.
    Maybe you might me right about overlooking something because on my MAC Mentor my 2004 Pathfinder will not work no matter how I try. Is there a way to check that the smart card is for that Machine ?
    Pathfinder 2003 is on the Internal CF and works ok. All other software load ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bibms View Post

i tried it with the 2007 cards and i have the same thing happening

when the system 4.0 is installing is does say the system is pre-authorized for 2008 (domestic,asian,abs)

i think the scanner stores data from the smart cards

because when i would update my scanner when i had 2007 it would ask me for the cards

after i installed 2008 all the updates i did did not request the 2008 card (i believe it requested 2009) but i didnt have to put my 08 cards in and 08 was pre-authorized)

as for the smart cards i have infotech 06,domestic 07,asian 07,abs 04,asian 08,abs 08,domestic 08
    Last edited by scotte; 16th June, 2011 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

also on the gm sps programing if you want to unlock it

(otc has not sold it since 06-07)

pretty much no smart cards exist for it

if you unlock it (so it works without a smart card)

i will upload an iso of the expertec reflash dvd that originally came with the kit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bibms

did you mount the .img file when making these?

ive been trying to read/explore the installation package but i havent been able to access it.

tried in both windows and ubuntu

i thought i had heard a rumour that the genisys ran lynxos
    so it would prob. have a FFS file system?

what os/program did you use to access it?

thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by scotte
    bibms

did you mount the .img file when making these?

ive been trying to read/explore the installation package but i havent been able to access it.

tried in both windows and ubuntu

i thought i had heard a rumour that the genisys ran lynxos
    so it would prob. have a FFS file system?

what os/program did you use to access it?

thanks in advance
    I ent through a very lengthy process to make those images. You are correct as it does used lynxos as it's operating system. And I do know the console password to gain access through serial. But for the most part everything was done on my genisys. If you are willin to help I can tell you how to get to the login and will step you through on how to get it working on your scanner just MSG me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pm sent!

genisys fun awaits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok got my genisys hooked up to my windows 7 pc running putty for telnet over the serial port adapter

upon boot this is what i get

"
    Tool Serial No.: ----edited-out-----
    PEG: Screen should be on!
    Opening /dev/fpga...successful!
    Opening /dat/module_id.rbf...successful!
    Reading data from /dat/module_id.rbf...157240 bytes read!
    Writing data to /dev/fpga...157240 bytes written!
    FPGA is programmed!
    rm: lstat /dev/sd*: File or directory doesn't exist
    USBLink, USB Stack Driver, ver 3.1 (build 04/18/2002)
    SoftConnex Technologies, 1999-2001, All rights reserved.

USBLink, USB MassStorage Driver, ver 1.0 (build 02/01/2005)
    SPX (ServiceSolutions), All rights reserved.

(HW_InitializeM823USBRegs): Hardware init done
    Registered Class Driver: Hub
    Registered Class Driver: Boot HID Keyboard
    Registered Class Driver: Boot HID Mouse
    Registered Class Driver: Printer
    Registered Class Driver: Mass Storage
    (MPC823_InstallSofTimer): SOF Timer installed on CPM Timer 4
    (OS_UsbTask) Enter.
    "

when i try to access anything domestic (i have the smart card for but its not currently working) i get this
    "
    Exec: can't load file -- bad load format
    "

i don't have a login/password so i cant currently do anything more than observe but its something

edit: forgot to mention this is with the genisys-09 file from bibms
    Last edited by scotte; 21st June, 2011 at 01:39 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    511 Posts

hi bibms,
    i have EVO with vers.4.0, do you have the update for the EVO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lwood View Post
    hi bibms,
    i have EVO with vers.4.0, do you have the update for the EVO?
    the evo and genisys use the same update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by scotte View Post
    when i try to access anything domestic (i have the smart card for but its not currently working) i get this
    "
    Exec: can't load file -- bad load format
    "

i don't have a login/password so i cant currently do anything more than observe but its something

edit: forgot to mention this is with the genisys-09 file from bibms
    i missed a patch inside the installer script.. to be honest the login and oassword is pretty easy to get.. if you took some time and thought about it. and examined the image file. took me about 2-3 hours to figure out.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

BIBMS, I am so glad that you found this forum and have applied your talent to the Genisys. I have needed these updates for some time and could not afford them. It's been a struggle here in California lately and I really appreciate your contribution. I only wish I had as much talent with a PC.
    I opened my scanner to check for internal CF card, none there. Removed system 3.0 card and applied image to a 4gb CF card. Installed in outter slot and booted up. It asked for all cards and I went through the authorization process. The scanner hung on "Installing USA 2006 Domestic Release 1.05". I tried to reboot, would not turn off. Disconnected battery and it restarted install. It went through the install and all systems seemed to have loaded. However when I tried to access OBD2 it would go straight back to the main menu. I tried other specific models and straight back to main menu. I reloaded image and re-authorized. Again stuck in "installing usa 2006 Domestic 1.05". Left overnight. Came in this morning and it was still stuck. Disconnected battery and rebooted. Started the USA 2006 Domestic Release 1.05 install and completed pretty quickly and folled by Asian and others. All seems to be working now as I am able to get to searching protocol when not connected to a vehicle. Thought this may help others. Smart cards are 2005 European,2006 Asian, ABS 2004, 2006 Domestic. The only card it did not ask for is Infotech 2006.

This is awesome!!!!!!!

Thanks,
    Stupidguy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by stupidguy
    BIBMS, I am so glad that you found this forum and have applied your talent to the Genisys. I have needed these updates for some time and could not afford them. It's been a struggle here in California lately and I really appreciate your contribution. I only wish I had as much talent with a PC.
    I opened my scanner to check for internal CF card, none there. Removed system 3.0 card and applied image to a 4gb CF card. Installed in outter slot and booted up. It asked for all cards and I went through the authorization process. The scanner hung on "Installing USA 2006 Domestic Release 1.05". I tried to reboot, would not turn off. Disconnected battery and it restarted install. It went through the install and all systems seemed to have loaded. However when I tried to access OBD2 it would go straight back to the main menu. I tried other specific models and straight back to main menu. I reloaded image and re-authorized. Again stuck in "installing usa 2006 Domestic 1.05". Left overnight. Came in this morning and it was still stuck. Disconnected battery and rebooted. Started the USA 2006 Domestic Release 1.05 install and completed pretty quickly and folled by Asian and others. All seems to be working now as I am able to get to searching protocol when not connected to a vehicle. Thought this may help others. Smart cards are 2005 European,2006 Asian, ABS 2004, 2006 Domestic. The only card it did not ask for is Infotech 2006.

This is awesome!!!!!!!

Thanks,
    Stupidguy
    You are welcome, only reason I even attempted this project was to revive my own scanner. For the most part consider this a way to give you a hands on experience with the features of the newer version of the software.unv
    D
    Vl
    Oc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well I've finally had a little time to check oiut superc0's cd. The software has been updated to work on x64 windows so that was a big plus for me. But to anyone who was wondering. Yes the updates on the disc is newer than what I released and I believe my patches could be easily be ported over to work with the newer version. Only problem is the amount of data that needs to be written onto the cf card is 1.4gb whereas I only have a 1gb card. So I can't do anything. besides I haven't had much time to mess with it lately. And when you're doing it on a POS computer like me, you're spending most the time waiting. And time is what I have very little of. I will eventually try to patch the update once I find a bigger cf card.. But that really is a question of when.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast