Updating to Genisys 4.0
Register
Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Updating to Genisys 4.0

Does anyone have the genisys 4.0 2010 or 2011 install software cd? I just recently upgraded And would kinda like to know how much data the 4.0 upgrade actually uses seeing as 4gb cf cards are a requirement for ver 4.

If anyone could help me out, I'd be willing to share a few tips. I was able to figure out how to activate the latest version using the old security cards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bibms View Post
    Does anyone have the genisys 4.0 2010 or 2011 install software cd? I just recently upgraded And would kinda like to know how much data the 4.0 upgrade actually uses seeing as 4gb cf cards are a requirement for ver 4.

If anyone could help me out, I'd be willing to share a few tips. I was able to figure out how to activate the latest version using the old security cards.

I am intrested but I do not have the info you need. I have Genisys and Mac Mentor with 2003 software and secuity cards for them both, would love to upgrade them both if possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am also using the 2003 smart cards. Only problem that I have seen upgrading was that it seemed as though the smart cable is required to do pretty much anything. I only got the cable with the ssi inserts so I really don't know if it works correctly. But it is a long and tedious process that I had to go through which I can try to help walk you through but you gotta be a little cpmputer savy. It involves a lot of hex editing and also an extra cf card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I am also using the 2003 smart cards. Only problem that I have seen upgrading was that it seemed as though the smart cable is required to do pretty much anything. I only got the cable with the ssi inserts so I really don't know if it works correctly. But it is a long and tedious process that I had to go through which I can try to help walk you through but you gotta be a little cpmputer savy. It involves a lot of hex editing and also an extra cf card.
    I will be greatfull for what ever help you can give.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have 3.0 disc but not 4.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i have 09 software but no 4.0 card

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Oh, yahy , its very interesting

Oh, ya, , its very interesting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well guys I just thought of a way to make the installation to simply just writing a disk image to cf card. I want to do it this way for a few reasons. Simplicity and I'm not really ready to share how I did it just yet. I'm thinking of enabling up to 07 or 08 for now. Just to show as proof. I'm here to share knowledge not help people make a quick buck. But give me a day or two and I'll have something

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default good luck

Well guys I just thought of a way to make the installation to simply just writing a disk image to cf card. I want to do it this way for a few reasons. Simplicity and I'm not really ready to share how I did it just yet. I'm thinking of enabling up to 07 or 08 for now. Just to show as proof. I'm here to share knowledge not help people make a quick buck. But give me a day or two and I'll have something
    Hi!
    any news?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

HI HAVE THE 2010 EU,ASIAN AND EUROPEAN 2008 , I HAVE THE SOFT BUT I THINK ITS CORRUPTED, BECAUSE I SEND MY CF CARD, AND OTHERS THINGS TO SERVICE CENTER, AND THEY FIX MY PROBLEM, SOMEBODY NEEDS THIS SOFT?
    MY INTERNET SPEED IS VERY LOW.

SOFT FOR ANDROS BENCH 6330 HELP PLZ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry for the lack of updates people. Have been busy with work and life. Anyway I was finally able to come up with a crude patching solution that will work with what I'm trying to accomplish. I just found my old smart cards and will be testing out my custom cf card image to see if it all the activation and patching works right.. I'm really hoping to get it out tonight. So sit tight people there will be something coming.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Sorry for the lack of updates people. Have been busy with work and life. Anyway I was finally able to come up with a crude patching solution that will work with what I'm trying to accomplish. I just found my old smart cards and will be testing out my custom cf card image to see if it all the activation and patching works right.. I'm really hoping to get it out tonight. So sit tight people there will be something coming.
    Thank, sir!! Still waiting!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ok file is being uploaded as I type this message should be done within the next hour or so. The link to d/l can be found at hxxp;//www.4shared.com/folder/Oy7DSeXj/eventually a file named gen05.rar will appear.

*installation&notes*
    You will need to have a 1gb cf card. If you don't have a spare cf card to use *remember* to make a backup image. Just extract the files and write the image file to cf card using the supplied program or any compatible raw disk imaging program like dd. Once the image is written to the cf card. Put the card into your scantool and turn it on. Now make sure you have your old smart cards as they are needed to install the software. Now just follow the onscreen prompts. If you get a screen that says improper shutdown checking disk. Just wait a bit for the disk check to finish. It'll automatically restart itself and continue with install. After you finish With the setup/installation the scantool will restart itself and load up into the familiar application manager interface.

Some programs may not work. But I'm sure abs, domestic, import, and European will work. What's installed on the cf card is: System 4.0, 2005 domestic, 2005 import, 2005 european, and 2004 abs.

So go ahead and try it out and give me some feedback. One other note this disk image is still beta. But I do believe I got most kinks worked out for a trouble free install.. Oh I almost forgot you may want to create a backup of your internal cf card just in case. It's located inside your scantool and the only way to get to it is by opening up your genisys.

I suck at documentation and am a very busy person. So last thing I got to say is. Try at your own risk. Be smart and make backups of your cf cards. It works on my scantool and it should work for yours. If you run into any problems, let me know and I'll try to help you get up and running

Damn slow unreliable wfi... ETA 2hrs

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Ok file is being uploaded as I type this message should be done within the next hour or so. The link to d/l can be found at hxxp;//www.4shared.com/folder/Oy7DSeXj/eventually a file named gen05.rar will appear.

*installation&notes*
    You will need to have a 1gb cf card. If you don't have a spare cf card to use *remember* to make a backup image. Just extract the files and write the image file to cf card using the supplied program or any compatible raw disk imaging program like dd. Once the image is written to the cf card. Put the card into your scantool and turn it on. Now make sure you have your old smart cards as they are needed to install the software. Now just follow the onscreen prompts. If you get a screen that says improper shutdown checking disk. Just wait a bit for the disk check to finish. It'll automatically restart itself and continue with install. After you finish With the setup/installation the scantool will restart itself and load up into the familiar application manager interface.

Some programs may not work. But I'm sure abs, domestic, import, and European will work. What's installed on the cf card is: System 4.0, 2005 domestic, 2005 import, 2005 european, and 2004 abs.

So go ahead and try it out and give me some feedback. One other note this disk image is still beta. But I do believe I got most kinks worked out for a trouble free install.. Oh I almost forgot you may want to create a backup of your internal cf card just in case. It's located inside your scantool and the only way to get to it is by opening up your genisys.

I suck at documentation and am a very busy person. So last thing I got to say is. Try at your own risk. Be smart and make backups of your cf cards. It works on my scantool and it should work for yours. If you run into any problems, let me know and I'll try to help you get up and running

Damn slow unreliable wfi... ETA 2hrs
    ... a message NO FILES IN THIS FOLDER appeared

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here's the link http://www.4shared.com/file/Zetm8YoM/gen05.html sorry for the delay

Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast