Which box to buy?
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Which box to buy?

I have sky multi-room with a sky+ box and I have had to cancel it as there are no telephone lines near the box and sky wanted to charge me double as it wasn't plugged in. So I'm looking for a FTA satellite receiver with USB PVR functions. I'm considering the Openbox s10 as its rather cheap but I'm also considering the Fortec Star Passion+ HD box which you can get for ?80 at Maplins. The Passion+HD has an EPG which works on Astra 28.2 but the Openbox is newer and this feature may be introduced later.

Which box would you recommend I go for and are there any other boxes I should consider?
    Thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hi I'm new this satellite business as well, from what I've gathered alot of people are recommending dreambox dm500s (50 pounds) for SD content and for HD dm800hd (150 pounds).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've just came across the Blade Media BM7000-s which is available for ?150 which also looks pretty decent.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

definately go for the dm800hd pro version or the new se version.

you will see they will be just what you are looking for an will provide your multiroom with ease.