Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Nagra 3 Info thread

I just taught I would ask what current info is out there for nagra3.

I believe they currently are testing both N2 & N3. One of my friends had their Sagem standard set top & cable modem replaced for no reason.

1. Has N3 started to be rolled out.

2.What flavor of N3 has begun to be compromised in the satellite world
    I have started reading about IKS and Nfusion

3. Is it likely that even if we cant get an emulator working that we may be able to card share or is that unlikely

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phester View Post
    I just taught I would ask what current info is out there for nagra3.

I believe they currently are testing both N2 & N3. One of my friends had their Sagem standard set top & cable modem replaced for no reason.

1. Has N3 started to be rolled out.

2.What flavor of N3 has begun to be compromised in the satellite world
    I have started reading about IKS and Nfusion

3. Is it likely that even if we cant get an emulator working that we may be able to card share or is that unlikely

As far as I know from what I have read on this forum and others it is defo in the pipeline for the future but when this is going to happen I do not know. When it does happen I take it all existing VM boxes will have to have the smartcard changed to support the nagra 3 and in some cases the box will need to be replaced. If or when this happens it looks like dark days for dreambox and others ahead as of what I have heard nagra 3 is near impossible to work round although nothing is impossible it may take a long time for the encryption to be tested by the H$ckers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

more than sure they are doing c/s with narga 3 so if you have the likes of a dreambox you will be ok till a hack if it ever comes along but hay its all part of the fun

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

they r posting out new cards to their customers (ire) as we speak....
    Last edited by scuba; 22nd December, 2008 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

n3 is being used on sat systems in a couple of places m8 not just upc ireland it is being used on prem sat along side nds as well and they use it in the states as well it can c/s on a dreambox
    Last edited by 2tone; 22nd December, 2008 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes but AFAIK this card share will only work with a certain version of N3 say for example version 110. I beleive this is the latest version of N3 this card sharing method may not work.

I would also like to know if talkback is a feature of N3. It would obviously not be for satellite but it may for cable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

will the boxes work when these new cards are insalled into the n-l box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by furey777 View Post
    will the boxes work when these new cards are insalled into the n-l box
    I think not m8.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phester View Post
    yes but AFAIK this card share will only work with a certain version of N3 say for example version 110. I beleive this is the latest version of N3 this card sharing method may not work.

I would also like to know if talkback is a feature of N3. It would obviously not be for satellite but it may for cable
    the pace boxs in the south of ireland dont have talk back so that one is out the window what rev are they using any way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

there's no doubt in my mind that unless some very clever boffin manages to crack N3 then the party is over for all.the only thing is how long will it take to totally swap over from N1 to N3 ?.
    the CC wont just send out cards then the next day switch off N1 they'll more than likely faze out N1 over a period of time (l similar to analogue/digital tv)making sure that customers are ready for the change over.
    so in my own opinion i think there's still life in the old dog yet and as for C/S ? as pointed out before that's all dependant on which N3 is used.
    lets face it chaps you cant complain no one would have thought we would have lasted this long anyway !!.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i've heard u*c are bringing N3 in Dublin next january and then all around the country. My question is, how are they sending 2 different signals N1 and N3 in the same cable? or the can swap any time they want? Is it going to have a feedback from the box?