Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default Weird facts about Back to the Future

I read this yesterday***8230; If you ask Michael J. Fox what the "J" in his name stands for, most of the time he'll tell you it's for "Jenius"
    The truth is even more dyslexic--it stands for Andrew. That is the least stupid part of this story. When young Michael Andrew Fox tried to register at the Screen Actor's Guild as Michael Fox, he found out someone had beaten him to it by about 30 years. There was a prolific veteran actor of the same name, with hundreds of film and TV roles under his belt.
    The Guild doesn't allow duplicates, to avoid confusion between actors. So, the future Marty McFly stuck the letter "J" in there.
    But the other Michael Fox guy? He debuted in the mid-50s, in the same era Back to the Future is set. In other words, if there hadn't been a Michael Fox in the 50s, Michael J. Fox wouldn't exist--which is exactly like the plot of the first movie.
    Mike watches as a "J" eerily fades into his printed name. Wait, it Gets Weirder: When Marty travels to 1955, his father George McFly mentions being a huge fan of a show called Science Fiction Theatre, a knowledge his son uses to manipulate him into porking his mother. The show was most likely chosen because they needed to establish George as a huge nerd who had no chance of ever sleeping with anyone, and Star Trek wasn't around at the time. But get this: the original Michael Fox played several roles in that same show, on the exact same year.
    Another episode, aired in 1955, featured a suburban couple finding out that their neighbors are time travelers from the future, hiding in the present of 1955--which is sort of like the plot of Back to the Future only seen from the opposite perspective.
    Last edited by Shady; 19th August, 2011 at 03:05 PM.
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

oh how it hurts to read a paragraph with no spacing....
    "I always tell the truth. Even when I lie"

"We Taking Over, One City At A Time"

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by z786 View Post
    oh how it hurts to read a paragraph with no spacing....
    Agreed!

No offence shady, but I gave up before I reached halfway.

You need to break that up a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

oh woe is me, after berating others for poor copy/pasting, I have succumbed to this disease myself
    edited
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives