Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default what was on the 'supply ship'?

International Space Station-Bound Supply Ship Explodes, Crashes In Siberia | FoxNews.com

An unmanned Russian supply ship bound for the International Space Station failed to reach its planned orbit Wednesday, and pieces of it fell in Siberia amid a thunderous explosion, officials said.
    A brief statement from Roscosmos, Russia's space agency
    did not specify whether the Progress supply ship that was launched from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan had been lost.
    But the state news agency RIA Novosti quoted Alexander Borisov, head of a the Choisky region in Russia's Altai province, as saying pieces of the craft fell in his area some 1,500 kilometers (900 miles) northeast of the launch site."The explosion was so strong that for 100 kilometers (60 miles) glass almost flew out of the windows," he was quoted as saying. Borisov said there were no immediate reports of casualties.

60 miles!!! what the ~~~~ing ~~~~ery ~~~~ was ON that ship?

Last edited by Shady; 25th August, 2011 at 12:07 PM.
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

The unburned fuel in the failed third stage booster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

sorry mate, but cant agree with that, 3rd stage means theres only a 3rd of the fuel left.. this being the case, challenger explosion for instance would have caused greater damage, i mean, they used to watch nuke test from 'only' 10-15 miles away from blast centre.
    may i also point you towards the pepcon disaster of 1988 where nearly 4,500 TONNES of solid rocket fuel exloded.. damage reached a radius of TEN miles, i highly doubt that 3rd stage booster would contain almost 6 times as much fuel
    Last edited by Shady; 25th August, 2011 at 01:14 PM.
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

caps for cap guns. loads of them
    Syntax Error : Integer Out Of Range

Hooray For Tits & Fannies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A job lot of stagg chilli.