Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Mini cooper s remote 04

hi,

Possible to program used remote without diagnostic from another mini cooper?

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aaruncee View Post
    hi,

Possible to program used remote without diagnostic from another mini cooper?

thanks
    yes you can

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

04 remote should be 2 button type and cannot be programmed without diagnostics and the key lable attached to the key with the code string . 05 mini 3 button remote programs the same as e46 bmw.
    regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simon77 View Post
    04 remote should be 2 button type and cannot be programmed without diagnostics and the key lable attached to the key with the code string . 05 mini 3 button remote programs the same as e46 bmw.
    regards
    are you sure about that simon77? Isnt it the other way around mate? You cant re-program 3 button type as you would need to replace ELMOS chip first. According to my engineers in germany the 2 button will re-program no problems at all, im yet to try it but cant see why it wouldnt work as its the same as the 3 button rubber head type BMW keys which re-program perfectly without diagnostics, tried and tested

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

the guy was asking about remote. 2 button type 04 plate hase pcf7935 chip inside seperate remote which is codded to car using diagnostic and the code string attachec to the car. same as rover 75 and discos. the chip comes pre programed to car.also this type has a normal 2032 battery and is marked valeo on the back.
    3 button type 05 onwards is as you said with elmos chip same as e46,x5,x3,e39 three button remote. as you know the remote part can be programmed manualy.
    this type is sealed.
    regards

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

The OP is asking whether he can program a second hand remote into another car, not reprogram a remote for the car it was originally programmed for

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paul_12345 View Post
    The OP is asking whether he can program a second hand remote into another car, not reprogram a remote for the car it was originally programmed for

Yes, I want to program only remote from another car.

I have only valet key, i bought remote key from another mini cooper and now i want program only 2 buttons remote.

i don't have key code string.

so without diagnostic is it possible?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simon77 View Post
    the guy was asking about remote. 2 button type 04 plate hase pcf7935 chip inside seperate remote which is codded to car using diagnostic and the code string attachec to the car. same as rover 75 and discos. the chip comes pre programed to car.also this type has a normal 2032 battery and is marked valeo on the back.
    3 button type 05 onwards is as you said with elmos chip same as e46,x5,x3,e39 three button remote. as you know the remote part can be programmed manualy.
    this type is sealed.
    regards
    pics would be very useful about now and it just happens i have pics of both, is this the 2 button key you are talking about simon77 or are you talking about the older one?
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

perfect picture older type on left is coded to car by code string using gt1 yours is missing the sticker on the remote with the info on the sticker i can retrive the code string so it can be reused this type stoped being used 06/04. right picture is later type and as we know to program remote part is manual procedure this type is for 06/04 onwards till 07 when they changed to cas systems.
    regards

10. The Following User Says Thank You to simon77 For This Useful Post:

dollarbill (12th June, 2018)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

hi simon, i have 5 used remote of mini cooper and two land rover disco 2, please share how you extract the code string. thanks

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

i could probably get codes for one of them fore you as i do not want to abuse the service i have. this is from another forum and access to that forum you need the diagnostics!
    post the info on the sticker that is on the remote board.

regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I can regenerate the barcodes from the internal stickers on Rover 75's and Disco 2's so i dont see why i cant do the same for the Mini keys.

So what does a genuine Mk1 Mini key barcode look like?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

How do you regenerate the barcode on the 75/ disco/mini from the sticker, please share this

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

rover 75 disco2 and early mini are all the same key valeo made. inside the key there is a sticker on the eprom from this we can generate the code string.when they are new they come with a tag atached to the remote with the code string so that you can progam to the car.
    regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

OK, i can now do Mk1 Mini keys too

Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast