Time Travel Possible? - Page 5
Register
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It?s a fact, marriage is a time warp. Notice u marry a nice beautiful 25 years old, after just 2 years u look like your father, and your wife starts looking like your granny.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

when time travel is a fact it will be from that point that it will be possible...why you ask????....like all forms of travel you will need a start point and end point....therefore it wont be as simple as pressing a button and landing in 10000 bc.....you will only be able to travel forwards or backwards in time from and to a transmitter/receiver type machine.....you wont be able to travel to a place in time that doesnt have such a machine.....so time travel wont let you travel until that machine is invented.
    Tools owned..... Kess3 Master, Bitbox, TGFlash, VVDI2 Full, VVDI Prog, VVDI MB Tool, VVDI Mini Tool, VVDI Key Tool Max Pro, VCX series for BMW Ford Mazda Jaguar Land rover VAG Toyota Volvo GM, PCM Flash + Scanmatik2, Lonsdor K518ise, Magic tank and every other piece of Chinese crap out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darrenhyland View Post
    when time travel is a fact it will be from that point that it will be possible...why you ask????....like all forms of travel you will need a start point and end point....therefore it wont be as simple as pressing a button and landing in 10000 bc.....you will only be able to travel forwards or backwards in time from and to a transmitter/receiver type machine.....you wont be able to travel to a place in time that doesnt have such a machine.....so time travel wont let you travel until that machine is invented.
    indeed, i pointed that out in my first post.
    but there are two (possibly three) options where this may not be so:

1, Time is not linear.
    2, we use another dimension to achieve it
    3(?) the use of worm holes.

in its most basic sense, we already have time machines.

everything that moves, alters time, in relation to everything else.
    those in the ESS are moving through time faster than those of us down here.
    indeed sat nav would not work, if this were not so.

Firemouth rules for life.
    If it aint broke, don't fix it!
    If its broke, fix it and use it again!
    If it proper broke, use it for something else!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Time travel great

only possible if you can beat the speed of light

we set time by sun in theory if you could travel faster than the sun hits the earth you may get in the future briefly but it will just be the same only dark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

wouldnt we only need to go faster than the rotation of the earth? like superman off of in out of superman?
    Come with me on a journey if you will, a journey to the axis of the earth.. now imagine a spinny thing anchored to the axis of the earth.. travel further into theoryland traveller, as the spinnything spins around faster than the earth.. but wait for it... and heres the kicker.. it only spins the opposite way! yeah i went there.. BOOM! just landed a brainbomb on you. what WHAT?
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thered View Post
    Time travel great

only possible if you can beat the speed of light

we set time by sun in theory if you could travel faster than the sun hits the earth you may get in the future briefly but it will just be the same only dark
    not actually the case.
    from 0mph up to 5.9 million million mph dilation in time happens progressively.

the mass of an object affects how time progresses (relatively) too.
    actually this is the crux. as you speed increase so does you mass.
    as your mass increase, with speed, its effect on time increase.

so without ever exceeding the speed of light, but getting close, lets say 10 years passed on the ship/spacecraft.
    on getting to your destination you will find 100 years have passed, back on earth. (indeed in the rest of space time).
    that's time travel without breaking the "light Barrier".

airline pilots and passengers travel forward in time, in relation to the terrestrial population too.
    tiny fraction of a second its true.
    but as i said, this is how sat nav works.
    the difference between the clocks on the sat and those on the earth, tell us where we are.

none of the above is anything like a TARDIS.
    which, i guess, is the kind of "Time Machine" most people think of.
    but its still Time travel.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

IMO time travel will be achieved by 'anchoring' time in a localised area using a type of pod , this is the point of travel and will allow you to hop to other points in time 'anchored' aswell....the technology required will need massive ammounts of energy and will produce conditions similar to a worm hole.....containment of this 'unknown' will be imperative as it could cause massive damage if not contained.
    Tools owned..... Kess3 Master, Bitbox, TGFlash, VVDI2 Full, VVDI Prog, VVDI MB Tool, VVDI Mini Tool, VVDI Key Tool Max Pro, VCX series for BMW Ford Mazda Jaguar Land rover VAG Toyota Volvo GM, PCM Flash + Scanmatik2, Lonsdor K518ise, Magic tank and every other piece of Chinese crap out there.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Either way do you think we will see it in our life time?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

the impending depletion of fossil fuels will force more research into alternative energy sources.....this will be the lynchpin to new technology.....i would assume 50 years or so will prove the concept of time travel....however the transportation of a person thru time maybe a long way off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firemouth View Post
    not actually the case.
    from 0mph up to 5.9 million million mph dilation in time happens progressively.

the mass of an object affects how time progresses (relatively) too.
    actually this is the crux. as you speed increase so does you mass.
    as your mass increase, with speed, its effect on time increase.

so without ever exceeding the speed of light, but getting close, lets say 10 years passed on the ship/spacecraft.
    on getting to your destination you will find 100 years have passed, back on earth. (indeed in the rest of space time).
    that's time travel without breaking the "light Barrier".

airline pilots and passengers travel forward in time, in relation to the terrestrial population too.
    tiny fraction of a second its true.
    but as i said, this is how sat nav works.
    the difference between the clocks on the sat and those on the earth, tell us where we are.

none of the above is anything like a TARDIS.
    which, i guess, is the kind of "Time Machine" most people think of.
    but its still Time travel.

not going to even pretend i understand but if you travel from earth at same speed for ten years then travel back the same speed for ten years

isnt it just the same but 20 years have gone by

isnt the term time travel relevant to being in the same place ie earth?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

not going to even pretend i understand but if you travel from earth at same speed for ten years then travel back the same speed for ten years

isnt it just the same but 20 years have gone by

isnt the term time travel relevant to being in the same place ie earth?
    On the time thing NO.
    time is dilated (run slower) even for satellites travelling round the earth @ 32,000 mph. only by fractions of a second though.
    though its true, the dilation would be in proportion to the speed.

and Errrrr yes.
    For those travelling on the craft only 20 years would have elapsed.

thing is, the universe does its best to maintain "relativity".
    time is dilated in order to stop fast things exceeding the speed of light. ( or, more correctly, stop light going faster than 5.9 million million mph)
    the faster you go the more time is dilated, but only for those outside or "LOOKING" at the craft. the traveller experiences time pass at a "normal"(?) rate

I see your point on the Time travel thing.
    but, stood still or travelling, if there is any difference in time between the "Time Traveller" and the observer.
    one or the other must have moved in time.

the advantage of using speed is that you dont have to worry that there is a time machine in the time you are travelling to, in order to get back or move on.
    because you brought it with you.
    the only problem here is you can only travel forwards in time.

two thing with static time travel.
    1, time could not, if it were possible, be linear.
    2, as stated else where, you could only travel back or forward to where there is already a time machine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Thanks wish i understood but its beyond my comprehension i will just write it off as an impossiblity

and see if im proved wrong by a real life Doctor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Thanks wish i understood but its beyond my comprehension i will just write it off as an impossiblity

Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

maybe this will help.
    I do believe in time travel. Time travel to the future. Time flows like a river and it seems as if each of us is carried relentlessly along by time's current. But time is like a river in another way. It flows at different speeds in different places and that is the key to travelling into the future. This idea was first proposed by Albert Einstein over 100 years ago. He realised that there should be places where time slows down, and others where time speeds up. He was absolutely right. And the proof is right above our heads. Up in space.

This is the Global Positioning System, or GPS. A network of satellites is in orbit around Earth. The satellites make satellite navigation possible. But they also reveal that time runs faster in space than it does down on Earth. Inside each spacecraft is a very precise clock. But despite being so accurate, they all gain around a third of a billionth of a second every day. The system has to correct for the drift, otherwise that tiny difference would upset the whole system, causing every GPS device on Earth to go out by about six miles a day. You can just imagine the mayhem that that would cause.

The problem doesn't lie with the clocks. They run fast because time itself runs faster in space than it does down below. And the reason for this extraordinary effect is the mass of the Earth. Einstein realised that matter drags on time and slows it down like the slow part of a river. The heavier the object, the more it drags on time. And this startling reality is what opens the door to the possibility of time travel to the future.
    taken from an article by S. Hawkins.
    STEPHEN HAWKING: How to build a time machine | Mail Online

if you read on you will find how Hawking explains how mass and speed can be used in order to travel forwards in time.

beyond this method it seems time travel is not possible.
    but, as yet, we dont understand how time effects the Quantum world. or indeed if it even exists there.

we know in the Atomic world (the only one we can currently see/perceive) time travels in only one direction. And that's forward.

Scientists are working on theories as to how it works elsewhere (if at all).
    as they are scientists these are called "theories".
    but you and i know them as "guesses".

and, to be honest, your guess is as good as theirs or mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firemouth View Post
    maybe this will help.

taken from an article by S. Hawkins.
    STEPHEN HAWKING: How to build a time machine | Mail Online

if you read on you will find how Hawking explains how mass and speed can be used in order to travel forwards in time.

beyond this method it seems time travel is not possible.
    but, as yet, we dont understand how time effects the Quantum world. or indeed if it even exists there.

we know in the Atomic world (the only one we can currently see/perceive) time travels in only one direction. And that's forward.

Scientists are working on theories as to how it works elsewhere (if at all).
    as they are scientists these are called "theories".
    but you and i know them as "guesses".

and, to be honest, your guess is as good as theirs or mine.
    I found myself reading that with his voice in my head

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast