Register
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thered View Post
    I found myself reading that with his voice in my head
    Oh yes, me also. and, very probably, everyone else who reeds it too.
    he steadfastly refuses to change the style of his electronic voice.
    and considers it his TRUE voice.

anywho, did it help to clear anything up?

i just wish to clear one things up. in terns of my posts.

I speak of "speed" causing time dilation. Hawkins talks of "mass".
    as your mass, or any mass, increases as speed gets higher.
    when i post i tend to use the term "speed" as a catch-all.

, you think the possibility of time travel is hard to get your head around
    just try to explain why a satellite in space though weightless ( actually its in micro gravity) still weighs the same, (actually it has the same mass) when you try to catch, hold or work on it, as it does on earth.

Firemouth rules for life.
    If it aint broke, don't fix it!
    If its broke, fix it and use it again!
    If it proper broke, use it for something else!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Time travel possible?...er...no!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mookie View Post
    Time travel possible?...er...no!
    Ahhh........here we go, another blind poster. If you read this thread in its entirety you will see time travel is already possible. Sat nav won't work without it..........it may not be your idea of TT but it proves the fact it can and will be possible.
    Tools owned..... Kess3 Master, Bitbox, TGFlash, VVDI2 Full, VVDI Prog, VVDI MB Tool, VVDI Mini Tool, VVDI Key Tool Max Pro, VCX series for BMW Ford Mazda Jaguar Land rover VAG Toyota Volvo GM, PCM Flash + Scanmatik2, Lonsdor K518ise, Magic tank and every other piece of Chinese crap out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by darrenhyland View Post
    Ahhh........here we go, another blind poster. If you read this thread in its entirety you will see time travel is already possible. Sat nav won't work without it..........it may not be your idea of TT but it proves the fact it can and will be possible.
    ...not really....as the article states:
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and this is an extraordinary claim.?

...and to the point...

Quote:-
    "'Antonio Ereditato, the spokesman for the researchers, said, "We have high confidence in our results. We have checked and rechecked for anything that could have distorted our measurements but we found nothing.'"

...it has not been formally checked by an external source 'yet'...until that time,just because THEY have found nothing...that doesn't mean to say that it is ANYTHING.

As the chap in the earlier paragraph says..."possible in theory"

...it is purely a personal opinion whether this is possible in general...or not...and to answer the thread which was originally posted..."Time travel Possible?"...my answer and opinion is...no!

Yours Sincerely,

The-blind-leading-the-blind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mookie View Post
    ...not really....as the article states:
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and this is an extraordinary claim.***8221;

...and to the point...

Quote:-
    "'Antonio Ereditato, the spokesman for the researchers, said, "We have high confidence in our results. We have checked and rechecked for anything that could have distorted our measurements but we found nothing.'"

...it has not been formally checked by an external source 'yet'...until that time,just because THEY have found nothing...that doesn't mean to say that it is ANYTHING.

As the chap in the earlier paragraph says..."possible in theory"

...it is purely a personal opinion whether this is possible in general...or not...and to answer the thread which was originally posted..."Time travel Possible?"...my answer and opinion is...no!

Yours Sincerely,

The-blind-leading-the-blind
    your missing the point.
    there has to be a continuing difference in time between two clocks, originally set to exactly to the same time
    one in orbit (generalising here)) one on the ground for GPS to work at all.
    this experimentally proves that things can travel in time, in relation to the terrestrial viewer.
    and that's time travel anyway you slice it.
    it also experimentally proves mass slows time down.

GPS does not in theory work , it in fact works
    but it wouldn't if the theory/s it was based on were incorrect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb

...this intrigues me...I do get 'the point' for sure.

...it is a topic debated many-fold.
    This is purely banter,as I don't reckon any of us are scientists,nor experts in this field...they can tell use whatever they like...and to be honest,who would question them from outside of their peer-group...no-one,that's who.
    The work scientists do in various subjects is of extreme importance to mankind for sure...only problem with this particular study,and others like them,for me,is this...
    -what do they aim to achieve,and at what monetary cost?
    With so much to be done for a greater good in this world...I don't personally think this will aid shit...apologies for being blunt,but tell me I'm far wrong...?
    ...in a way I'm just stating that it is ultimately a pointless argument,be it for or against...the theory,practicality,even physicality of the notion that is time travel...and surely saying time travel is impossible is a really safe bet. If it should turn out in the future that time travel in a physical sense is a go,then I can always go back in time and change my statement...!
    ..."we live...we die...and death not ends it..."

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Traveling forward in time-yes, mainly due to the effects of time dilation. Hell, there are cosmonauts that are nearly a second younger than they were prior to their spaceflights! This is on a very small scale, but given proper speeds (even speeds currently attainable given our level of technology) a significant difference in time (relative to the observer) can be achieved.

Traveling backwards in time-undetermined.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no time travel is not possible,
    it is just a wave form like sound - we can break the sound barrier but do we travel back in sound - no - we just can not perceive the sound correctly - same applies to visual spectrum also - just a waveform that we can maybe distort slightly, or if we could go faster than light, that is all we are doing - we are not travelling in time, just travelling faster than the light spectrum - if you travel from one point to another and travel faster than the light getting from a to b - all you will see when you stop at b is what is the light spcectrum actually happening in TIME at point b, not what light has travelled from point a to point b when it catches up to point b as point b has its own light spectrum already existing in the current TIME. Time and light are not the same thing.
    Bootlegger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bootlegger View Post
    no time travel is not possible,
    it is just a wave form like sound - we can break the sound barrier but do we travel back in sound - no - we just can not perceive the sound correctly - same applies to visual spectrum also - just a waveform that we can maybe distort slightly, or if we could go faster than light, that is all we are doing - we are not travelling in time, just travelling faster than the light spectrum - if you travel from one point to another and travel faster than the light getting from a to b - all you will see when you stop at b is what is the light spcectrum actually happening in TIME at point b, not what light has travelled from point a to point b when it catches up to point b as point b has its own light spectrum already existing in the current TIME. Time and light are not the same thing.
    Bootlegger
    with a little understanding of the physics involved, you'd realise how little sense what you posted makes.
    you cant treat light, mass, time and speed as if they are different. they are all part of the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

if yalook at this way we all travellin through time ,slowly one way though forward ,stick ta this ,,,live ta day cherish yestaday dream ta mora..our minds wouldnt cope going through all the future changes thats gonna happen in the future if we could fast forward time ,,just imagine wakin up ta mora un time leaped 50year ,,,,all the changes would be mind blowing ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

hi firemouth weres rest of the horse ...TESCOS ,,,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Re: Time Travel Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by seangraves View Post
    hi firemouth weres rest of the horse ...TESCOS ,,,,
    At that speed, probably in 2155.

Sent by an evolved primate

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Interesting thread, anyone ever googled "John Titor" apparently already happened or should i say, yes poss soon well 2036 to be exact, and yes theve been back already using time travel,
    This person showed drawings and talked openly about his time machine and reason for returning,
    Google John titor, have a read, seems convincingly possible,
    John Titor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by pulsar2000; 15th March, 2014 at 05:13 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pulsar2000 View Post
    ...seems convincingly possible,
    You think? Even that Wiki article you link to is fairly damning. Strictly for the gullible.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nara View Post
    You think? Even that Wiki article you link to is fairly damning. Strictly for the gullible.
    just saying read the Buletin boards (original) saw the diagrams, im open minded, few predictions,,, i dunno

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast