Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default RX300 ECU swap / immo

HI, Hoping someone can help with this. 1999 Lexus RX300 has suspect trouble in ECU with one of trans solenoid drivers. Have a used ECU and have have learned that we need a master, registered key to make any immo changes. Could not get original transponder from salvage donor. I have read up on this forum for more info, but am fairly new at chip programming. I have a programmer, tried to fix a clone VAG-COM before giving up and buying an original. Have played with it some with a couple 93C proms in VW dash. I don't know how to go about programming other than a plug in chip. This ECU is all SMDs. I can remove and install them if needed.

What's the best way to go? Swap the chips, not sure which ones in attached picture. Reading here about "virgin dump" to write to chip in donor to accept new keys, maybe less risk of damaging running ECU? Apparently the dealer cannot fix this if customer loses all keys, they say have to replace ECU or sometimes tech support can help with some secretive procedure to "reseed" the computer.

Would buy a $700 new/reman ECM if were sure that is the trouble, any help or advice is appreciated. I have Techstream, a T300, chip programmer with some adapters, SMD soldering tools, and some patience.. Thanks for your time
    Attached Images Attached Images

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,013 Posts

Read eeprom 93c56 & key_data.
    Post here both file.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thanks for your reply. Could you help me with the basics? I can try to figure it out, but how do you hook up to an SMD, remove first? There's at least 2 93C56 on board, top left and right in pic. I haven't taken apart key head yet, so need to figure that out also..Thanks again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Turns out problem was due to knock sensors fault causing default and shifting/lockup issues. Did not go further with used computer, thanks for your time.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    603 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kevinb2u View Post
    Turns out problem was due to knock sensors fault causing default and shifting/lockup issues. Did not go further with used computer, thanks for your time.

i think. Knock censor fault. Transmision only shifting 1,2,3 gear. And 4 speed gear hard to shift.

If you want remove immo pls contact me.

Regard
    vanos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yes..Car is OK now after new knock sensors and harness. Did not proceed with remove immo, but learned a lot about it. Maybe will have to get into one again sometime. ...Thanks again