0 Posts

really hope this software helps to recover my bricked'box.. :\

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Post ands

Quote Originally Posted by yeshu26 View Post
    Can I please ask, if this method can be applied to any box such as AMiko Alien HD to flash it?
    thanks
    if it uses the ali 3602 processor and has an rs232 port and you have the proper firmware to load.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default juist says on the 2 dots

yup mine is one of those whjo go on > boot > dot dot and sets there need to reload it i hope that fixes the problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

you are stuck using clone safe firmware

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hello

i fix my s9 receiver after many week of try.

i have execute all step ,,,only the last i have change.

i turn switch the power off at 60 pr cent.

when i turn switch power on 40 sec after is boot completly,,is good today.

ms8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just wanted to add, may be helpful....

My Skybox F3 got stuck in a loop on boot up whilst I was trying to update the channels from AJ's post so tried t update the firmware using the first post of this but kept getting the 'stb memory error' when using the eeprom in the package for download in the OP so had a look around the forum and found this post:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ftware-282932/

and that software worked a treat!

One point though, I found that if I tried to install newer firmware the box just stayed dead so went back to my original firmware and it was golden.

Thanks to the original posters for saving my box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My Skybox F3 crashed when uploading a channel list, now it just counts up to 100 and then goes back to load and counts up again. Ive tried the RS232 lead but cannot get the image file to upload to the box. There's no progress bar or anything.
    I load the .abs file into EromUpgrade.exe and then press next. I then turn the Skybox on at the rear and wait. Am I getting this right?

I've ordered a new one anyway as things aren't looking good but it would be handy if I could sort it out.
    Last edited by djhowie; 21st August, 2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why i cannot...
    the massage as below
    synchonizining STBs
    please reset target!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Still Stuck on "please reset Target"

Quote Originally Posted by Lfcexiled View Post
    Just wanted to add, may be helpful....

My Skybox F3 got stuck in a loop on boot up whilst I was trying to update the channels from AJ's post so tried t update the firmware using the first post of this but kept getting the 'stb memory error' when using the eeprom in the package for download in the OP so had a look around the forum and found this post:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ftware-282932/

and that software worked a treat!

One point though, I found that if I tried to install newer firmware the box just stayed dead so went back to my original firmware and it was golden.

Thanks to the original posters for saving my box.

Hi All
    I have read all the posts on here and tried everything as suggest but I still get this error " Please reset Target)

I have tried everything but what am I missing.

I only have the power lead and RS232 connected direct no USB,
    I have waited 5,10,15,20,30,40,50,60 seconds before turning on at the back still just on this reset Target message.

The only thing is someone on here suggested for the F3 you require "config.bat 128M_SF_M3606" where can I get this and do I replace this with the
    ddr_128M_M3606 file in the erom folder. if not what do I do with it and do you think this will hel

My First post so any help I would be really grateful
    Chhers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any new firmware for s16? No kids and no HD channels work, any help? Can the gurus help us here with our s16 openbox please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I HAVE USB TO RS232 I MADE THIS YOU HAVE TO ENTER TO HARDWAE SETINGS ON WINDOWS THEN SELECT YOU HARDWARE USB TO RS232 THEN CHANGE COM TO COM 1
    AND THATS ALL ITS WORK FOR ME

I HACE IN PORT 4 I SAYING NCONECTED TO COM BUT NEVER DOWNLOAD NOTHING I MADE THAT CHANGE TO COM 1 AND WORKS!!
    THANKS FOR ALL INFO!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all

Picked up a couple of Openboxes the other night from a guy in a car park in the rain, for myself and a cousin.

We had been using DM-boxes, and due to a mishap with mine while connecting my new TV and whatever his kids did with the other, these broke within a week, so while waiting on a couple of F3's that will hopefully be here today, I went for these S10s.

Went off to the cousins house and tried to setup his S10 and it seemed to go on and off at will. Tried plug fuse, and the basics, checking power/connections etc.

The box looked bricked, but after checking the cable to the LNB (that he'd tied together in places) we found the issue. Just wires touching where they shouldnt.

The channel list is old, with a few that moved around since the boxes were loaded, and it looks like S9 firmware. But with it working well, I wouldn't bother to change much. The blind scan is so fast, I wouldn't bother with channel lists. It's worth having my own, with exactly what I want to see. Well worth putting a bit of time into.

If you're missing a couple of channels, do a scan, it's not going to be the firmware. If it works let it alone...

HD is great on it, stronger signal and less glitching than my old DM800HD, can't wait to play with my F3s.

So, Before trying every firmware under the sun, if you have a problem with your box, check the basics, just a thought!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have problem with my skybox f3, it loading until 93 percent and after that it will show E001, nothing display on my tv. Is this can be fix?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

izzit all RS232 cable are all the same in the market?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Eromupgrade tool not working

hello..my s16 openbox keeps rebooting every 10 secs..i have followed instructions but every time the eromupgrade tool says synchronizing ....done
    then at the bottom gives me an error ....says....Set Stb Meory error..

can anyone help or know a solution?????????????