Humax fresat box inquiry
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Humax fresat box inquiry

I recently bought a fresat humax box cost me ?250.00p i was in the understanding that the standard def pictures are of good quality, bearing in mind i have a 46" screen can any of you guys tell me that i won't be disappointed . Its still boxed i can still bring it back to the shop. Read online that a body didn't want to watch a match in standard def , in his words the pictures are dreadful. Is this true?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I've had the Humax HDR (which I assume is what you have bought) mine is ok, but I only have a 32" screen.
    If you connect it via a hdmi lead, and you should as one is provided, the the picture should be ok.
    What channel are you intending to watch the footy on?
    Anything on BBC 1 or ITV 1 or Channel 4 will also be available in Hi Def anyway, on a 46" screen it will be impressive.
    Get to the Ulster Grand Prix
    Dundrod Co. Antrim
    Every August
    Learn what fast Really is!
    NOT for the faint hearted

or watch it on BBC NI HD the following week

(What is football all about?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by excollier View Post
    I've had the Humax HDR (which I assume is what you have bought) mine is ok, but I only have a 32" screen.
    If you connect it via a hdmi lead, and you should as one is provided, the the picture should be ok.
    What channel are you intending to watch the footy on?
    Anything on BBC 1 or ITV 1 or Channel 4 will also be available in Hi Def anyway, on a 46" screen it will be impressive.
    I'll have to use an england postcode, i'm in belfast. i'm worried about pictures in standard deff, i was told the pictures are quite good. But after reading the post from another forum i'm a bit worried. Can you install an external hdd without any bother? Thanks for your reassurance but a thousand people can tell you somethin but always hearing the negative opinion of just one person.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The picture quality is superb. Ive had one for a few years now and the standard deff is very good mate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The quick and easy answer...if you have it there boxed....is to unbox it. Plug it in and make your own decision based on what you find!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Are there extra channels i can pick up on freesat that are not available at the moment and if so can any of you guys tell me what they are and how to get them, bear in mind that i am using my fixed sky dish. I seen on utube that i can get sky news, it would be great if i could pick up dave. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLIIES

The reason i asked about the quality of the pictures on humax box is because the packaging has 2 security stickers on it. Other wise i would have known without asking.

Sorry if this comment came over as offensive it isn't meant to be i have edited it. Sorry once again.
    Last edited by clem58; 4th November, 2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: could have been construed as offensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i own a humax foxsat hdr and the picture on hd and sd is excellent ch 4 hd superb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used one and returned it to pcworld after a while recordings woudnt playback unless power switched off and back on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can I put a sealion in Humax hdr box
    Last edited by spanishlion; 10th February, 2014 at 09:04 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

It wouldn't fit