Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes 10aa, just tried something that has worked 3 out of 3 times so far.....just a though from reading your post, box was in reloop mode, I have been using the rocker switch, decided to leave that in on position, unplugged box with switch in on position box booted straight in after being stuck in reloop, now to get in reloop mode again and try it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was thinking about the rocker switch also. I reboot using the rocker switch after updating a channel list. I bet most will just use the remote, or switch at the front to reboot. Thats why we may be having these issues or its the 10AA's.

DK Duf PT
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

just to clarify mine was 10aa too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't know how to explain what I have found because I can't reason out why this would work, the s11 is in the lounge, when it has got stuck I have brought upstairs to my office which has 2 feeds that used to feed my old sly hd box and I have a motorised setup connected to a Protek, when I bring the box from downstairs and connect to motorised setup separate sat cables/hdmi and ethernet box remains in reboot loop, however when I connect it to the old sky feed and diff ethernet and hdmi box comes out of reboot loop, downstairs the box is connected to the same LNB as the sky in office, is it a voltage sensitivity?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have also noticed then when I soft reboot the last image stays on screen as though it has hung and not powered down correctly after this box is in reloop mode, just unplugged HDMI to clear image box is all dark as though off, replugged in HDMI image is till on screen, so definitely hanging on power down, this has got me thinking with this it could be dodgy memory causing the issues
    Last edited by orinoco; 9th December, 2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orinoco View Post
    I have also noticed then when I soft reboot the last image stays on screen as though it has hung and not powered down correctly after this box is in reloop mode, just unplugged HDMI to clear image box is all dark as though off, replugged in HDMI image is till on screen, so definitely hanging on power down, this has got me thinking with this it could be dodgy memory causing the issues
    The memory is not clearing upon a reboot until power plug pulled out and left out.

Need to find others with 10AA to see if they can enter this reboot loop!! Its a simple test switch it off then on and see what happens!

Had another box on an old mk3 dish and lnb,the openbox struggled to switch the lnb polarity and some channels not coming through. So it might have some voltage issue.
    Last edited by digi666; 9th December, 2011 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Contacted the guy I bought mine from, has told me to return it and he will replace it as rebooting should not be happening

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I cant return it until Tuesday as he is away, so in the meantime I'll be playing to see if I can sort it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have read on another forum of a guy who had the exact same problem as you guys here and by changing his sea lion his problem with rebooting stopped, he says he had a corrupted config. Get your self's a test sea lion from a different server and give it a try. If you PM each other you might all have the same server.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dub12Dave It happens even without a sea lion being entered!! But will give it a go,thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have an s11, not sure what firmware... but it does the rebooting thing sometimes, tried a channel list upgrade and powered off/on... was rebooting at start up, turned of for a few secs cleared it..... tried a H-H on it today, when moving the dish this made the b00dy thing reboot, so took motor off in the end....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I had enough of the problems and I'm sending it back. Il be trying a new one on a fresh install later in the week . Il post my results !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sending 1 back as well so seller can test.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my S11 also going back to supplier. Initially it was rebooting (after working ok for afew days), then saturday it just died, with no power at all, replaced the 13amp fuse, but made no difference. My supplier admitted there was a fault with this model and he was getting loads of calls. He is expecting a new batch this week, so just hope i have a better luck with 1 of those

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine is now going back this evening and I am collecting a new 1 so will keep you informed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast