Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Starview 2 Flash Prob

Hi peeps
    Now i'm pretty conversant with flashing these boxes but have been given one to sort out for a 'Mate'
    Not sure of it's history or even what firmware it's running because haven't connected it up to my cable.
    I am obviously trying to load the latest firmware with the 4.03 gtrom loader ....tried endlessly but keep getting flash failed....have tried 'flash burning' (You know click download as you switch on the box) but cannot get the box to play ball....
    All i get is the 'Boot' logo followed by 'LD 80' then it shows 'ON' then just goes to channel 105....
    Frustrating the hell out of me......Me thinks that whoever had this before has tried flashing the 8.02 fix to it and has somehow damaged the flash chip???
    Any ideas peeps??....If it means 'Jtag' then some idiot instructions would not go amiss

Cheers peeps

Oh have tried to upload from the box...ie channel data and no joy on that either...
    Last edited by kintekke; 12th January, 2009 at 06:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a simalar problem.
    There is a post from Zran that gives deatils how to fix this. It may work for you.
    It will take a 15 mins to go through it all but it fixed my SV2
    Click on the search menu on the home page.
    On the right hand side you will see search by user name.
    Type in zran. click seach now
    Look for the post 21 dec (Starview 2 stuck on fix)
    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Ash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah had a similar problem with a previous box but fixed that with a flash fix of 4.52 then loaded the 4.57 instead of the 8.02e fix which was the problem.

My prob with this is that the unit does not want to take any sort of flash i throw at it.
    I have tried all different firmware from 4.51 upwards...have tried the 'click download' whilst turning the box on but no joy....the box still doesn't want to play ball....me thinks the unit has had a bad flash in the past that has damaged the flash chip???
    All i'm getting is 'failed flash' the unit just goes from showing 'boot to 'LD80' then 'on' then whatever channel....???
    any ideas peeps before i throw it in the bin??