6900 HD Super - USB Problem
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 6900 HD Super - USB Problem

My 6900 Super wont recognise any usb drives or flash drives etc, the lights on the flashdrive dont even light up. I have tried switching reciver off and on etc. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Format drive to fat 32 maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manic01 View Post
    Format drive to fat 32 maybe.
    if that does not work open up the tm and see if the capacitors are bulging they are the transitors that look like little cans if they are bulging they need replacing you can get them of tm
    a higher temp.resistent one are availble now and a soldering iron will only cost you a few quid if you do it yourself
    Everything discussed on this forum is for experimental and educational purposes only. Use the information at your own risk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thijs View Post
    if that does not work open up the tm and see if the capacitors are bulging they are the transitors that look like little cans if they are bulging they need replacing you can get them of tm
    a higher temp.resistent one are availble now and a soldering iron will only cost you a few quid if you do it yourself
    The receiver does run very warm. I switched it off earlier to let it cool. When I switched it on again for a few minutes the pictures on all channels were very jerky, but problem stopped after about 5 minutes as if warming up settled it. Still no USB recognised though.

I will open it up and check the capacitors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Couldn't see no bulgng capcitors or any other damage to ciruits. But receiver took 5 minutes again before picture would stop jerking, also during this time the light on usb flash drive didn't work but came on same time as picture settled, receiver still doesn't see the usb drive though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

give technomate a buzz they might have some idea
    Everything discussed on this forum is for experimental and educational purposes only. Use the information at your own risk.