First time jailbreak what now
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Default First time jailbreak what now

Most people jailbreak their idevice to get free music apps and games or free tv shows and movies. Some folk just do it to personalise their idevice by adding new themes and tweaks.

If you are a first time jailbreaker or just want to know how it is done, then read on.

Firstly of course you must make sure your idevice is jailbroken and has cydia instaled.

Start up cydia and let it update itself.

Now you need to insert a few web adresses to point cydia in the direction of the stuff we want.

Press manage, then sources. In the top right of the screen, press edit then add.

In the box that pops up type in

repo.insanelyi.com/

cydia.xsellize.com/

Once you get the copyright warning press add anyway.

Press your home button and switch your device off and on again, then start up cydia again.

Go back into cydia and using the search button at the bottom of the screen-search for and install the following.

appsync for iOS 7 -This will hide your downloaded apps and games from itunes if you want to sync with itunes.

Go into your safari browser and goto www.appaddict.org/
    On the top of the screen there's a button that says ios app, go ahead and press it. On the new screen that comes up, it says slide to install. Go ahead and slide the arrow key. It will install the appaddict app onto your device.

Go back into cydia and use the search function again for-

five icon dock - Lets you add a fifth icon to your dock.

lock screen tool - lets you change the "slide to unlock" text on your lockscreen to anything you want. Customise it in your settings.

istreamnet - Full and comprehensive british and american tv shows. Full and complete seasons or episode by episode.

Moviebox- Watch the latest DVD and theatre releases or browse a comprehensive catalogue of great movies, and full box set tv shows.

music box - A free music downloader that uses bittorrent. Type in your song and listen to it live or download it to your idevice to play back later, without an internet connection. Download complete albums and set up playlists. A must have for any idevice.

mxtube - This program will allow you to download videos from youtube in hd or standard definition, to play back later without an internet connection.

tetherme - Allows tethering on your iphone. Creates a personal hotspot which allows wifi enabled devices to access the internet via your iphone. Why pay your carrier five pounds a month to tether when its free with tether me.

winterboard - The graphical base that allows you to run themes and personalize your idevice(check out youtube, search top winterboard themes for iphone,ipad).

3g unrestrictor - Tricks programs into thinking they are connecting to the internet via wifi rather than 3g. Comes in handy for facetime, youtube etc.

Barrel- a tweak that lets you customize how your home screen responds when you flick through different pages of your home screen. Fabulous tweak.

Noslowanimations- a tweak that seriously speeds up your Idevice, another highly recommended tweak.

update 9th oct 2012- Navi-x on xbmc. Get live footie, even the 3pm saturday games, and as much movies as you can eat. A must for any iphone or ipad. click the link and follow instructions.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...iphone-295074/

These are the basic programs to get you up and running and remember youtube is your friend( top cydia tweaks, top cydia apps)
    Last edited by johnboy1974; 9th March, 2014 at 09:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy1974 View Post
    Here are some essential repo adresses and downloads for first time jailbreakers. Feel free to add to this thread to help out all first time jailbreakers.

Repo adresses are inputed by starting up cydia then pressing the following-manage/sources/edit/add.

cydia.hackulo.us/

This is the hackulo.us repo- From this repo download- Instalous, hackulous security, hackulous resources, source gui and appsync.
    The instalous program will enable you to download free games and apps from its own store, and appsync will let you sync your device with itunes.

cydia.xsellize.com/

This is the xsellize repo- From this repo download barrel, icallannounce, infinifolders, mywi and 3g unrestrictor.
    Barrel will let you change the way your homescreen scrolls from page to page. Icallannounce will speak out the name and number of anyone who calls your phone before it starts to ring.Infinifolders lets you add unlimited apps inside any folder.Mywi lets you turn your device into a wifi hotspot that other laptops,phones or wifi enebled devices can connect to the internet through.3g unrestrictor will enable your device to connect to internet services that will only connect to a wifi enebled device.

From the cydia search facility download five icon dock and winterboard.
    Five icon dock lets you place an extra app icon on the bottom dock. Winterboard is a program that runs graphics on your homescreen. It lets you run thousands of graphic themes that are all available to download through cydia.
    Thanks your post..

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi there after reading your post I downloaded icallannounce. After 2 days of working fine it started playing up and my phone was in safe mode all the time. I have now deleated it and all is well. Any idea what I can do to use this excellent bit of software ???

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jc69817 View Post
    Hi there after reading your post I downloaded icallannounce. After 2 days of working fine it started playing up and my phone was in safe mode all the time. I have now deleated it and all is well. Any idea what I can do to use this excellent bit of software ???

Cheers
    Yes....try buying it...support developers...bottom line these apps/tweaks don't cost much....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jc69817 View Post

Cheers
    mate im running icallannounce on 4.3.3 the app is about 2 years old so it might not be compatible with 5.0.1.
    i would suggest you remove it from cydia then reinstal it again.See if you can find another repo for it, Try youtube for repo suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

i had the same problem with icallannounce, searched google for top ten sources for cydia, then added them,then done a search in cydia.

found icallannounce 5 compatible, installed and working fine.

hope that helps

7. The Following User Says Thank You to taximan For This Useful Post:

Morso13nv (4th August, 2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default help please

hi there had a wee read of your post you seem to no what you are talking about.. i have an i phone 4 with ios 6 on it and am wanting to jailbreak it so that i can get all the free apps and games but not sure where to start would you be able to tell me of a guid or sumthing where i can lean to do it please..or somthing that i will have to download to put clidia on it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default iphone 3g

im new to this i have a iphone 3 i jailbroke it and unlocked but it seen to lose service alot..and i cant use any apps. like facebook can any 1 help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by littlec4y2k View Post
    im new to this i have a iphone 3 i jailbroke it and unlocked but it seen to lose service alot..and i cant use any apps. like facebook can any 1 help
    Put your problem in the main iPhone thread. Hijacking someones sticky Won't get you any responses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello friends, would you have a JailBreak for IOS 10? I did not want to update my Iphone 5S in order to use Jail = D
    Hello friends, would you have a JailBreak for IOS 10? I did not want to update my Iphone 5S in order to use Jail = D