Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dreambox 500 - Done factory reset

Hi guys,

I couldn't seem to find the answer through the threads, but i'm sure this has been asked before.

I have a Dreambox 500 running on GP image I think (I am new to this so sorry if it all sounds wrong/obvious). It was a pre-prepared box where I just had to connect it to an internet connection and all the channels were working fine(with the odd freezing here and there) and all the bouquets were pre-set.

I was reading on the net to get the interface on my laptop, however the password was not being recognised (I'm assuming the guy who I got it from, changed it, and I couldn't get hold of him), so unknowingly I factory reset it, and wohoo I managed to get the Enigma web Interface on my laptop, however in the process I lost all the channels/bouquets and there is no CCCam installed, and also the buttons on my remote are working differently!!!

I have no idea where to start and how to get everything back to how it was. I have scanned all the channels, and they have come up but all the Sly ones are showing service could not be found.

All the help and support will be greatly appreciated to get me and my box back to how it was.
    Last edited by Ash1; 29th January, 2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Title not clear

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Ash, you need to talk to the guy you got it from, factory reset,
    deletes all the settings, and everything that has been downloaded, ie cccam, and more to the point the cccam config file along with the info that gives you the cannels you have missing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yep, talk to the guy you got it from or read and learn to save yourself some money, peeps on here will help, but you have to help yourself first.... so read and learn.

Practice makes perfect.....well better!!!!!
    Last edited by piggy12; 29th January, 2012 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for that. I spoke to the guy, and he said more or less what you said. Let's hope he can sort it now