Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RANGERS No 1

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default RANGERS No 1

Hi all id just like to say a foreword before we proceed. Imagine the spl without Rangers, now imagine it without the bhoys. Where does it go from there?????? im old enough to rem the early 90s at school when pals told me they would be glad to see celtic go under. I rem asking them great loyalists in my year who would we play are derbies against. to which was the reply hamilton , there as good as them c--ts. , The thing is if rangers/celtic go under {because if one goes under the other will follow]its the end of the spl. Anyhow Rangers for the league ps any rangers haters ~~~~ aff and let the thread have a sensible debate.
    Last edited by gracieboo; 4th February, 2012 at 03:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

So is this the official Rangers thread now? congrats

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gracieboo View Post
    Hi all id just like to say a foreword before we proceed. Imagine the spl without Rangers, now imagine it without the bhoys. Where does it go from there?????? im old enough to rem the early 90s at school when pals told me they would be glad to see celtic go under. I rem asking them great loyalists in my year who would we play are derbies against. to which was the reply hamilton , there as good as them c--ts. , The thing is if rangers/celtic go under {because if one goes under the other will follow]its the end of the spl. Anyhow Rangers for the league ps any rangers haters ~~~~ aff and let the thread have a sensible debate.
    a) There is already a thread open re rangers current financial plight.

b) Us tims will gladly stay off your thread, but I see you wont stay off ours??

Last edited by mattybhoy; 5th February, 2012 at 01:15 AM.

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

We could close them both and stop the moaning before it starts

Just re-thought that...........we could close all football related threads and get back to what the forum is all about, "Digital" is the main reason we are here.

But enjoy for now and as said a nice sensible thread would make a change, (never happens in football threads).
    Last edited by satsmo; 5th February, 2012 at 12:56 AM.
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is long overdue

Is this the official Rangers thread ?

AgentD

Quote Originally Posted by redtide11 View Post
    This is long overdue

That's what HMRC have been saying

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AgentD View Post
    That's what HMRC have been saying
    Thats good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Can anyone translate the original post into English?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Scottish football is in a right mess financially. Rangers are in big trouble and so are loads of other clubs in scotland hearts included. There is no money anymore. Gloating celtic fans should remeber that it can only lead to oblivion for everyone. England dont want or need the old firm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

• Entered 5 competitions, out of 4 by the first week in Feb!
    • The only cup game won all season was against Arbroath!
    • 15 points lead gone in 2 months!
    Ally Must Stay!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy1974 View Post
    Scottish football is in a right mess financially. Rangers are in big trouble and so are loads of other clubs in scotland hearts included. There is no money anymore. Gloating celtic fans should remeber that it can only lead to oblivion for everyone. England dont want or need the old firm.
    bit of a sad situation up there at the moment,whatever side your on,you both need each other to survive........
    The control of information is the consolidation of power

?I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire. The man who controls Britain?s money supply controls the British Empire and I control the British money supply.? ? Nathan Rothschild

IF I HELPED HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Cable its not just about needing each other to survive- Scottish football needs the old firm(both sides). All the other teams in scotland only play to half full stadiums until the firm come to town and then they sell out. The influx of a couple of thousand fans makes a major difference to the local economies of these towns. And what about sponsership and tv money do you think anybody will fund scottish football and will sky be interested in networking the celtic aberdeen game as the biggie instead of the old firm. We better all pray cos if rangers go under scottish football is doomed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

All I've ever heard is Scottish Football is gubbed even with Rangers just now. Teams don't play in front of full houses now when us or Rangers come to town (anyone had a look at Rugby Park or Easter Road when we play them?). The money that comes into Scotland from Tv deals is poor and the majority goes to Celtic and Rangers anyway. It'll remain poor, but it'll only be one team getting the lions share now, other teams will get a bigger share. Rangers Tax Case blog outlines the drop in revenue for other teams. There will be a hit, bit it's not as if there is massive amounts flooding in as it stands.

Sky or ESPN will still buy rights to Scottish games, simply because thousands and thousands of Celtic and other SPL fans will still watch the games and buy sky subscriptions because of it (plenty if people would simply stop subscribing to Sky Sports - the premiership isn't as appealing as some think).

Scottish Football would survive, readmitting a team that has quite simply employed illegal financial practices to gain an unfair advantage over every other club in the league is morally wrong. What do you suggest should happen to them? They cheated. I've heard plenty of sneering about the Italian game on the past, but look what they did to Fiorentina.

It's all a moot point anyway, as quite simply if Rangers are liquidated, a newly formed team will be ushered back in to the SPL. No way will Scotland let anything else happen

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Spot on pal. Scottish Football and Scottish Society would not let the glorious glasgow rrrrrrrrangerrrrs, the establishment's and ra peepals team go under.

Scottish football has been poor for a few years now and will continue to be poor what ever happens to rangers.

You're spot on with attendences... there is hardly ever a sell out at the other clubs when the OF play there. There isn't many sell outs at Celtic Park or Ibrox as well, but I've seen plenty of empty seats in the EPL this season, so it's not all due to the product on offer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast