Register
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whats the best firmware to put on a vu duo clone box. At the minute its runnin vix firmware but everytime it goes into standby it keeps freezing and needs full reboot. Any help much appreciated

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mart2011 View Post
    Whats the best firmware to put on a vu duo clone box. At the minute its runnin vix firmware but everytime it goes into standby it keeps freezing and needs full reboot. Any help much appreciated
    Try Blackhole 1.7.2 always ran OK for me and never had any problems

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I remember using bh 1.7.2 image on my duo and there was a problem with my recordings freezing and i dont think i was alone with that problem..this wont be a problem with the solo of course and as digicon says it is a stable image otherwise..

2 of my mates have v2 ferrari clone duos which they purchased last year and i recently installed clone safe v2 ferrari oe 2.0.2 images on them and they run very well indeed.

I have 2.0.4 on my original and its probably the best bh image to date i reckon and it will be available for v2 duo ferrari clones soon..in fact the image is already available for the solo v2 ferrari clone.

MK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I like 1.7.0. Really stable and nice.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My vu duo v3 clone has been suffering from a memory leak, I've tried all possible remedies, the seller has accepted me to return motherboard to have memory chipset replaced. He has offered to help with shipping back to China.

Im wondering where the chipset is and how easily replaceable it is as I am not too bad at soldering myself but I know some jobs require an expert with expensive equipment.

Anybody know what it's going to cost with a return to China and if I could get any bother in regards to it getting lost or anything like that

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My vu duo v3 clone has been suffering from a memory leak, I've tried all possible remedies, the seller has accepted me to return motherboard to have memory chipset replaced. He has offered to help with shipping back to China.

Im wondering where the chipset is and how easily replaceable it is as I am not too bad at soldering myself but I know some jobs require an expert with expensive equipment.

Anybody know what it's going to cost with a return to China and if I could get any bother in regards to it getting lost or anything like that

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

The Memory leak also affects the Original Duo too so it appears when cloned they clone the problems as well, I would check first how they want you to send it back as a courier will be cheaper but due to laws there they always ask to ship back using standard post like RM which will be very costly.

As for it getting lost well thats the chance you take

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi guys, i have just bought a duo clone from ebay [ it wasn't advertised as a clone] but stuck with it now.

it says v3.2 on a sticker the back.

how do i confirm the security update before attempting to flash a VIX image. It came pre-installed with bh 1.7.6.

If I installed the VIX v3 image, can i use the authentic image or do i need to use a "clone friendly" version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

sorry my earlier post uv+ups and downs was posted b4 i realised there was a specific section for clones
    anyways my clone is stuck on bootloader with vix logo rotating
    ive ftp with filezilla and im wondering if its possible to correct any corrupt files that are preventing completion of boot sequence ?
    its my own fault all was working fine until i tried to update cha bouquet via usb ,i used the rear usb skt not the front one.yes i know one born every minute!
    im new to vu+ boxes but im fine with openboxes and tmate so this is a step up,ive tried vucc with telnet protocol/putty,built into the gui, and connected via rs232 lead box connects and accepts reboot command but fault still remains is there any other fix for this problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not booting up after mgcam disable

heyho---first post and i have a problem. have a duo clone running vuDuo 3.0.205 cloneuk I got from this site some time(1yr) ago. All has been ok until my mgcam expired and as I have a cccam available I decided to use that. did the CCcam.cfg and put in etc..... I know it all works ok when running.
    Problem is that if I have to reboot box it will not boot up--just stalls on gui screen..... have tried disabling lots of things but have got down to this------if I stop mgcam running(has to be stopped to use cccam) and try to reboot box, it just stalls..even before I have done anything with cccam (then have to reflash image). have tried lots of other images but most of them will not even boot-up the box.
    I appreciate this is a clone box (I didn't know it at the time and didn't use it a lot as had spiderbox on motorised system and just used the vu for astra 28deg).
    Any help appreciated and its taken a lot of work to narrow down the parameters of fault---so whats in the mgcam that assists the boot-up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i am using vu+ duo clone , when i upgrade firmware black hole 2.05 , my vu+ duo run ok , but i upgrade firmware back hole 2.06 or black hole 2.07 , my vu+ duo not boot , starting....... and red light

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kungfua7 View Post
    i am using vu+ duo clone , when i upgrade firmware black hole 2.05 , my vu+ duo run ok , but i upgrade firmware back hole 2.06 or black hole 2.07 , my vu+ duo not boot , starting....... and red light

if you want to run 2.0.6 or 2.0.7 then you will have to get one of the patched images with older drivers as the official blackhole images contain newer drivers that are not clone friendly

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

been offered vu solo clone for ?100 are these any good are would I be better spending a bit more

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lee11168 View Post
    been offered vu solo clone for ?100 are these any good are would I be better spending a bit more
    Spend around another ?30 and get an Original Enigm2 receiver such as the XP1000 or the Octagon SF8 HD both of which run newer and faster processors than the Solo

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im still stuck with this duo that has a memory leak, its 3.2 clone, I was hoping to give it to a friend to use just as a single tuner, no recording box, but it still freezes, also freezes in standby....

Has any workaround being done regarding this fault....vu+ are bound to be working on a solution as this is a fault from original box...