Register
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    Just to give you some idea found this one here.

Code:
    http://www.satshop.tv/VU-Duo-Twin

At the current exchange rate on the Euro works out at just over ?236 posted, ?36 more than a clone. at this price point the clone's are just not worth it.
    I been getting the Duo clone for ?175

Its just ure luck, you can get an original and it breaks. My 1st dealings with duos was 3 originals @ ?300 a pop and one was a dud, luckily it was a local supplier and he took it back and swapped it.

But buy any clone or original outside the uk and it can cost you to return.

From what I hear the Manufacture aint the best to get in contact with so its down to the supplier you get the box from.

The 1st clone I have bought from China was the ver 2.0 and this has been since Feb and since then got around 10 in total.

All still working fine, No water damager, no rust. Only issues was 1 box needed the display adjusted, easily fixed and other was not taking some images but got one and been fine since.
    Last edited by Rodbouy; 4th August, 2012 at 05:09 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodbouy View Post
    I been getting the Duo clone for ?175

Its just ure luck, you can get an original and it breaks. My 1st dealings with duos was 3 originals @ ?300 a pop and one was a dud, luckily it was a local supplier and he took it back and swapped it.

But buy any clone or original outside the uk and it can cost you to return.

From what I hear the Manufacture aint the best to get in contact with so its down to the supplier you get the box from.

The 1st clone I have bought from China was the ver 2.0 and this has been since Feb and since then got around 10 in total.

All still working fine, No water damager, no rust. Only issues was 1 box needed the display adjusted, easily fixed and other was not taking some images but got one and been fine since.

Costs a lot more to send it back to China than what it does to Germany.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

the above pic says it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RuberDuck View Post

the above pic says it all.
    The bike is actually Asian
    ????????????

If I buy a clone will it come with an image per installed ?
    If I buy an original will it come per installed?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joetwizzy View Post
    The bike is actually Asian
    ????????????

If I buy a clone will it come with an image per installed ?
    If I buy an original will it come per installed?

I would imagine if you decided to go with a Duo from an official retailer over here like WOS, Sat-Shop, Goldwafers etc then they will install any image you like to the box.

The Clones direct from china have Blackhole installed now by default i believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    Costs a lot more to send it back to China than what it does to Germany.
    It's does but to start your saving 51. So your 51 up till something goes wrong. So even.say its cost 51 then 20 to return to Germany. That's you still 20 up.

Still cheaper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I can get a 2 yr old vuo duo for 200. Worth it? 50/60 quid less than a new one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Secrecy chip update?

On one of the other forums they say a update will be released at the end of August. so you will be able to put any image you like on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Personally no not for that price.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

For a 2 year old machine i would expect a little more that ?50 to ?60 less even though at the time it was bought it would have cost almost ?400 to buy new. offer him a maximum of ?170 and ask what motherboard revision it has as the original V1 boards could not come out of deepstandby to make pre-set scheduled recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by Data7 View Post
    On one of the other forums they say a update will be released at the end of August. so you will be able to put any image you like on it.
    Thats correct, although Vu already have a new set of Beta drivers whether or not the patch would work on those is unknown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

My 2 pence worth, reading every other day, "my box has just got a red led at start up" etc etc, I wouldn't touch a clone if it cost ?100, these boxes imho are utter $hite, and I've never owned one ( just originals ), but the amount of posts on here would put me right off, if you don't have enough for an original Vu, save your pennies until you can afford one, as you'll just be buying an inferior box. Can't shout it loud enough peeps, buy original !! (And yes I'm a Vu fan boy and an Apple fan boy :-) )
    Let the hate begin :-)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dell_xps View Post
    My 2 pence worth, reading every other day, "my box has just got a red led at start up" etc etc, I wouldn't touch a clone if it cost ?100, these boxes imho are utter $hite, and I've never owned one ( just originals ), but the amount of posts on here would put me right off, if you don't have enough for an original Vu, save your pennies until you can afford one, as you'll just be buying an inferior box. Can't shout it loud enough peeps, buy original !! (And yes I'm a Vu fan boy and an Apple fan boy :-) )
    Let the hate begin :-)
    To be honest mate i gave up giving a flying fig a long long time ago, as it seems every time i put my point of view across i get slated as a clone hater. as far as i'm concerned now people can go ahead and buy as many clones as they like and when they do break they can cry on the forum as much as they like because i just dont care. I have far more important things to get on with than helping people who bought crap in order to save a few quid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

It's like anything counterfeit m8, it's just sub standard $hite, like fake clothing, you can tell it a mile off, I understand some people really can't afford the real deal, if thats the case better to do without, spend your money on something else worth while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

What does it matter if people buy clones, its a forum about hacking.

We help ppl with what ever problems they have when they have them and if we can.

We just say ah well tough thats what you get.

Are originals free from faults? No nothing is.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dell_xps View Post
    It's like anything counterfeit m8, it's just sub standard $hite, like fake clothing, you can tell it a mile off, I understand some people really can't afford the real deal, if thats the case better to do without, spend your money on something else worth while.
    you know the funny thing that just cracks me up ?.

a few days ago ferrari posted on their forum to be aware that they will not offer any form of support for substandard copies of their machines as apparently a new factory is selling clones of their clones.

I mean thats just bloody hilarious and you can bet your house now that any fault reported to ferrari about their boxs will just be brushed off as the user buying a clone from a different factory regardless if it's true or not.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast