Register
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Rod I know your not a trader m8, being from the City Of :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dell_xps View Post
    Digicon lets not start another war of words thread, I dont like clones,I just see honest (cough cough) hard working guys like myself be ripped off with these boxes that are just utter tat, and I know you are in favour of clones, that's up to you, but I will do my best to try and get people to avoid these counterfeit badly made boxes.
    You have a nice day now :-)
    Dell from what I gather you have never owned a duo clone but have owned an original that blew up. No offence but you can really give a balanced view.

Lol the city of .......... ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Discovery, and yes as I've stated time and time again m8, I've never owned a counterfeit Vu box, I however own a Duo and an Ultimo, have set up a few Solo's and Uno's, so I think I like to know what I'm talking about :-)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dell_xps View Post
    Digicon lets not start another war of words thread, I dont like clones,I just see honest (cough cough) hard working guys like myself be ripped off with these boxes that are just utter tat, and I know you are in favour of clones, that's up to you, but I will do my best to try and get people to avoid these counterfeit badly made boxes.
    You have a nice day now :-)

Nothing to do with me favouring clones at all, I have owned clones Dreambox and Vu but I also own Originals Vu again and Technomate and others I like to keep an open mind when it comes to these receivers and have an unbiased opinion.

But when someone comes onto a thread which is specifically here to help them I will, What gets me is certain members come on and then start slating clones when as a matter of fact there opinion does not count seeing as they have never owned one

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I stuck this thread originally to serve a purpose for Q&A on VU clones, not for a tit for tat on morals relating to genuine and clone boxes.

Please keep the thread on topic, further posts outside of the thread title will be deleted.
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys, can you recommend a seller for duo clone? are so many over the internet but hard to trust them, so I would like to guide myself on your experience. If is not allowed to post links or something, please send me on my PM. Thanks!

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

with a question like that can be taken both ways,do you want a clone of the duo? or the clone of the clone? here now lies the fun ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

) well, in the beginning I was thinking at a clone for vu+ duo without knowing that exist a clone for that duo's clone!! in the end I would say that I would like to buy which one is running better (except the duo original..) thx!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by aklik View Post
    ) well, in the beginning I was thinking at a clone for vu+ duo without knowing that exist a clone for that duo's clone!! in the end I would say that I would like to buy which one is running better (except the duo original..) thx!
    errrr. Not 100% sure what you mean. There are max+ duo which are ?200 and are from Ireland. The vu+ duo ferrari are from the ferrari team (china) and then there are regular vu+ duos from various places in china. I opted for the original in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default no picture on vu uno (new user)

I am a new user just 2 week ...today the sound is working on all channels but no picture on any HELP

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Check your scart or hdmi connection first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hope I've posted this right..here goes. I have a vu+du with a fixed sly dish and it works.I also have a new motorised dish that I'm trying to set up without success. I'm using the vix teams v3 image build 204 and I love it.But I can't get any signal trying to tune it in on the motor.If I put the sly dish on tuner A it works.! only thing is it doesn't allow me to move the dish if recording on the fixed dish.I have the motor set as advanced and the fixed as single-simple. Can someone please give me the correct dish settings I need .?
    I'm losing the few strands of hair I still have.....

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

If your motorised dish is setup correctly and have had it working via another receiver either by Diseqc 1.2 or USALS then all you will have to do is choose the correct method for your duo.

If you have USALS already setup on your dish the choose simple-positioner and enter your latitude and longitude details in the relevant section and away you go.

If you only have Diseqc 1.2 then the advanced option you have chosen at the moment is correct just tune each satellite in manually and store with a preset number of your choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I had a similar problem using a genuine VU+ duo after flashing with VIX, turned out to be the actual motor itself although it was fine before and still worked on an openbox.

In the end after spending days trying to solve the problem and scouring the net to no avail I just changed the motor for a Technomate TM-2600 (my original one was a Fortec Star) and problem was solved.

Thinking back though I could still move the dish manually on the Duo using 'sat finder' but when trying to move to a different satellite by pressing a normal channel on the remote, nothing would happen, the dish icon would flash but the dish wouldn't move.
    Last edited by ams3521; 21st November, 2012 at 03:17 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ams3521 View Post
    I had a similar problem using a genuine VU+ duo after flashing with VIX, turned out to be the actual motor itself although it was fine before and still worked on an openbox.

In the end after spending days trying to solve the problem and scouring the net to no avail I just changed the motor for a Technomate TM-2600 (my original one was a Fortec Star) and problem was solved.

Thinking back though I could still move the dish manually on the Duo using 'sat finder' but when trying to move to a different satellite by pressing a normal channel on the remote, nothing would happen, the dish icon would flash but the dish wouldn't move.
    Funnily enough i have come across this a few times now when an Original Duo is used in combination with a Dark Motor or similar brand it will not function correctly unless used via the satfinder option, So even the Original Duo's have problems

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast