Register
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red face

Hello, noob here, this is probably a question of personal choice but im about to buy my first sat receiver, im torn between the amiko alien 2 and the vu+ duo, im pretty sure the latter is the best of the 2 but wen im looking at options i noticed theres a choice of firmwares, official vu+, vix team, black hole, vti and open pli, could anyone tell me which, if any, is best and the differences? thanks in advance.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Welcome to DK dont forget to post an intoduction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks, i will but at the min im still trying to find out how to post a thread

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paulcox22 View Post
    thanks, i will but at the min im still trying to find out how to post a thread
    Mate you should know any forum you join you always read the rules first then post an introduction thread, and then get asking away.

Anyway which receiver you looking at a Clone or an original

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont join usually join forums. im looking at the original

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi All,

I originally put this in the other vu duo forum and didnt realise this is for clones, hope someone can help!

I've not posted much on this forum but have been doing a lot of reading (and have looked at other threads similar to this one!)

I've just received my Vu duo V3 clone from china (I'm in the UK) I did a lot of reading while waiting for it to turn up so thought I was ready.

First thing I did was flash it via usb on the front port with version 3.0.204 of vix (thought it was the latest obe but since found out there are more current versions).

After a few tries it loaded and flashed as it should, but then wouldn't boot, it continually froze on 'Starting'.

Now, one thing to mention is that I didn't try starting it with the shipped image, so don't know if it worked properly from the start. I had a HDD installed, so took it out, tried booting again and got the same result.

After a bit more reading I flashed with a different image and usb stick (kingston 2GB), the image was vix 2.3.153 which was recommended in another forum.

This eventually flashed (for some reason wouldnt pick up front usb but worked with rear slot) and started up ok.

I started setting up the box, got to the scanning part, started scanning and after a few minutes rebooted on its own, and froze once again in starting.

I've tried reflashing many times now, sometimes it picks up the front port, sometimes not.

I'm wondering if its overheating as the rear fan isn't on (doesn't seem to be too warm) also the heatsink on the cpu is pretty flimsy.

I'm thinking its a DOA box, but wondered if I've done anything to it, like flashing with the newer vix image?

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys,

Help with a V1 Clone Duo.

"stuck on starting" "s o s"

1. Did bootloader update.
    2. Changed power supply.
    3. Flashed early image. (Vix 2.3, BH 1.6.2)
    4. Tried to flash nfi image but no ip on box fail.
    5. Pulled all my hair out.

Did all above with no result.

I had a int hdd but couldn't get it to work.
    Flashed with early images, changed power supply still nothing.
    When I flash with USB it goes through the flashing process then on reboot "s o s"
    I did the bootloader update before sticking the hdd in the box. I just can't get it passed "s o s".

Please help.
    Thanks
    Last edited by morashid679; 6th January, 2013 at 04:54 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Default Clone Update V3.2 Ferarri team

Final release of Ferrari' VU+ OEM security chip update V3.2
    Suitable for all Ferrari' "V3" boxes - vu solo & vu uno & vu duo OEM all "V3" boxes can update this software,
    Latest ViX and OpenPli images working fine. Many bugs fixed, this time. This update is worth to update any V3 chip if you have it. Solves problem of "desic" too, searching channels issue etc...

As for VU+ UNO Ferrari' OEM box there are V3 security chip inside only, there are no V2 VU UNO Ferrari' OEM box version on the market.

We work hard for you.

Enjoy, Ferrari team.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Still no word on the V2 chip upgrade, but it seems to be moving the the right direction .....

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DMBoot View Post
    Still no word on the V2 chip upgrade, but it seems to be moving the the right direction .....
    Thee isn't one mate you have to buy a V3 chip for the V2 Solo/Duo to use the latest images, But as long as your happy using the old images i cant see a problem

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    Thee isn't one mate you have to buy a V3 chip for the V2 Solo/Duo to use the latest images, But as long as your happy using the old images i cant see a problem
    Yeah, that's what I mean.

Any word of this hardware upgrade being available?

It's free, but you have to pay the postage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    Final release of Ferrari' VU+ OEM security chip update V3.2
    Suitable for all Ferrari' "V3" boxes - vu solo & vu uno & vu duo OEM all "V3" boxes can update this software,
    Latest ViX and OpenPli images working fine. Many bugs fixed, this time. This update is worth to update any V3 chip if you have it. Solves problem of "desic" too, searching channels issue etc...

As for VU+ UNO Ferrari' OEM box there are V3 security chip inside only, there are no V2 VU UNO Ferrari' OEM box version on the market.

We work hard for you.

Enjoy, Ferrari team.
    does this mean any UNO clone on the market has V3. I remeber something on ferrari forum few months back stating there were some manufactures making clones without their security chip and they wouldnt be able to support those receivers.

i really want to try a clone Uno with the twin tuner modules see if it works. i suppose with the new images the new drivers should be in place to cater for those modules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default s.o.s

Hi. just got a vu duo clone v3 which is stuck on starting.
    I see that you can fix with security ic update with the use
    of null modem cable 232 board but i dont have 232 board
    as it is not a ferrari clone. How can i fix.
    Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try flashing it with a image from before june 2012 like blackhole 1.72 failing that you need to contact the box supplier as god knows what you have got if its not ferrari

is it maybe a cloned clone you have? trying to fix this with ferrari firmware might do it more damage than good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply tried lots of images for this box but nothing seems to work guess its bricked. hopefully there will be a fix for these boxes.