Register
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I wrote that guide over two years ago, and from reading the comments posted, it helped some people. If it helped just one person I'd have been happy. Open box and skybox s/w may well have moved on, and as I haven't had one for a year or so, nor have I been on dk as regularly as I used to be, I may be slightly out the loop. However as cunny said, he used the guide with no problems, and as admin haven't had a slew of complaints about it's invalidity, I guess it's still relevant to most.
    Like I said, it helped a few people prior to your problem and I wager it will help a few more after you have gone....oh wait, you've gone already.
    Dk is quite simply the most helpful forum on the Web, if people don't agree, fine, go elsewhere, but don't use this forum to slag off the people who help.
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shady For This Useful Post:

digicon (4th March, 2014), mickzer (4th March, 2014), P&D (4th March, 2014), treetopbaz (29th November, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Frustrated member ... I've just got my skybox f6 and read the setup guide but not entirely sure what I should be doing? I have AJ's channel list on my usb stick but don't know what to do after that. Can someone please help me??

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kardking View Post
    Frustrated member ... I've just got my skybox f6 and read the setup guide but not entirely sure what I should be doing? I have AJ's channel list on my usb stick but don't know what to do after that. Can someone please help me??
    Its in shadys guide

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kardking View Post
    If you mean load a channel list then check Aj's 1st post there's a step by step guide
    also in shadys guide
    & maybe in another 300-400 post's on DK with the same info
    not counting maybe 1,000,000,000 post on the internet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what if you have a sam sat reciver and the dbs file dont show up ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My f5s box was working fab has been for ages but recently more and more channels started disappearing until they're all scrambled now, a friends showed me how to do a satellite search which worked and they were back for a while then they disappeared again so my 13 year old thought he could do it and now he's cocked it right up I think he's changed settings we used to have sky, Astra and euro bird now we got no signal and as I've only got iPad I can't open the setup guide so any advice would be much appreciated cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

on your guide its says select eurobird 1 and astra , but it doesnt give me them options >>> help please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi i am new to this site i have just purchased a open box s10 i have set it up but now need to programme it plz can sum1 be kind enuff to explain wat else i have to do thanks kind regards yasif

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yasif View Post
    hi i am new to this site i have just purchased a open box s10 i have set it up but now need to programme it plz can sum1 be kind enuff to explain wat else i have to do thanks kind regards yasif
    Yasif, Have you set it up by following the guide in post #1 of this thread, if you have, then what do you mean by 'programme it'?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Worked a treat can't thank you enoughe for this I am appy!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi guys. i have a open box s6000 hd. what is the best image for the box and the best software for this. keep in mind im new to this as a mate of mine gave me the box and the updates, as he is no longer with us, its just simply not working. please help.

thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cheers checked the help you requested and ive done all that still no signal!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One thing I have noticed is my Signal intensity goes from 95% down to 45% & the signal quality drops to 10% would this be a lnb or dish problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Guys, Got myself a V8 today, (sick to death of the Kryptview) Ive downloaded the set up guide, but thick as fEk . what is a 'CCcam.cfg & an image file, where do i get them
    thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

right i just bought an f5s after repairing someone's f3 box last weekend, i just reloaded fireware as it was in a bootloop, then re-added a channel list... everything started to work great! i think the major problem with sites like this, is people changing words from cccfg to bleeding sea-lion etc.... i come from an army background where three letter abbreviation are abundant, but we're also taught that not everyone has a clue about your job/hobby and are unaware of these terms... so you either explain what each is and their variables... or you do a glossary of terms so there is no confusion! you may know what u mean... a noob don't!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast