Register
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had the same trouble yesterday, I resolved the problem by entering the code manually.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi everyone. I'm a newcomer to this Skybox business too, and I've searched this site high and low gathering all the info I can to start from scratch. I've read the 'Setup guide', but I'm still struggling with a few things. Can someone tell me what 'an image file (.abs)' is please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barnzey81 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm a newcomer to this Skybox business too, and I've searched this site high and low gathering all the info I can to start from scratch. I've read the 'Setup guide', but I'm still struggling with a few things. Can someone tell me what 'an image file (.abs)' is please?
    The image file is commonly known as the firmware when you see post about updating firmware you are updating the image file maybe a fix or added extra, you will notice firmware files are in .abs format.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mahrkpat View Post
    The image file is commonly known as the firmware when you see post about updating firmware you are updating the image file maybe a fix or added extra, you will notice firmware files are in .abs format.
    Ah right, cheers. I've only just bought the box, so can I assume that I don't need to update the firmware? It's an F5... Thanks mate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Ah right, cheers. I've only just bought the box, so can I assume that I don't need to update the firmware? It's an F5... Thanks mate.
    If your youtube, weather app don't work then you will have to reflash to newer firmware.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mahrkpat For This Useful Post:

Barnzey81 (23rd April, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mahrkpat View Post
    If your youtube, weather app don't work then you will have to reflash to newer firmware.
    Thanx for your help mate. HOPEFULLY I'll be able to set this badboy up! I THINK I've got all the 'components', it's the putting them all together that kills me!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnzey81 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

can anyone tell me any info about the f5 boxes please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by somebodyuknow View Post
    I'm following the steps of the guide on Sky F3 but at step 13: On top line select 'Eurobird 1 & Astra'

I don't have the Eurobird 1 & Astra option.. anyone help me with this?
    Alright guys, I've got this exact problem. I've followed the setup guide to the letter (until 'Eurobird 1 & Astra'), but this isn't an option; only '(1/1) Sky UK' is available to choose. PLEEEASE help!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Alright guys, I've got this exact problem. I've followed the setup guide to the letter (until 'Eurobird 1 & Astra'), but this isn't an option; only '(1/1) Sky UK' is available to choose. PLEEEASE help!
    "Eurobird 1 & Astra" means 28.2/28.5e. The same satellites that S l y UK broadcast from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys. I have just got an F5 box. I have read the guide off the website and I don't understand the cline setup. I have followed the guide step by step but it says "select network>select Ccam client setup" Here is where I am getting stuck as there is no Ccam Client setup option on my F5? Can anybody help or point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by k87622 View Post
    Hi Guys. I have just got an F5 box. I have read the guide off the website and I don't understand the cline setup. I have followed the guide step by step but it says "select network>select Ccam client setup" Here is where I am getting stuck as there is no Ccam Client setup option on my F5? Can anybody help or point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!
    On your remote press menu then network settings press 6666 on remote to reveal secret menu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for the help mahrkpat. I have tried your suggestion but I cant get into a secret menu? It does nothing? Also I am only getting Eutelsat in the satellite list? I have flashed the box using the instructions provided in the tutorial. That seemed to be easy with the guide. It wont let me load a file for the channel list either? Just sticks on abs file? Is it screwed now or am I missing something?? Thanks in advance! Ok update, I am an ass as I flashed with the old 2012 version of the F5 firmware. It wasn't happy! Flashed with the correct file and it is much happier. Managed to load AJ's channel list so a big thanks to him also. Still cant get into secret menu? And I am having trouble viewing some channels? can anybody please help and thanks to those who have helped me so far. After flashing I can now get into secret menu but I don't know what to do next? It shows a few setup options but what do I need to make it work? Am I being a bit thick? Will somebody PM me and put me out of my misery please I am stumped. Thanks,
    Last edited by k87622; 30th April, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys! I think there are some pages missing from the guide?? It says jump to step 27? and there isn't one? Where do I get sealion? and how do I set up one of the cams in the hidden menu? thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi guys - Could you just confirm I have got the Set Up Process right & in the right order - 1. Buy a Skybox with the latest "You tube" Firmware. 2. Install Gift . 3. Install Channel List (AJ's etc) Then I'm all good ?
    Last edited by digicon; 27th July, 2013 at 01:18 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aletank View Post
    Hi guys - Could you just confirm I have got the Set Up Process right & in the right order - 1. Buy a Skybox with the latest "You tube" Firmware. 2. Install Gift . 3. Install Channel List (AJ's etc) Then I'm all good ?
    You might as well install a channel list first, as soon as you get the box. Then you can check that the box is working OK on FTA channels, before the magic happens.
    Last edited by Hadron; 30th July, 2013 at 09:43 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hadron For This Useful Post:

wally6529 (25th September, 2013)