Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default satellite outlet plate wiring question

Hi guys, gonna cut a long story short but i have gathered all the gear to do a self install for a 43cm, (box standard) dish to give a feed to my new Panasonic Viera pz81, in order to make use of its built in freesat HD capabilities. I am pretty confident i can do all the DIY parts and cable runs etc but i have been stumped on the smallest of things.
    At the moment there is a coaxial outlet plate on the wall behind the TV which i was expecting to change to an outlet with both a coaxial and satellite connection. The one i have ordered arrived today in time for the project at the weekend. When i turned it over to have a look at how the feeds were wired i noticed that even though there is a twin cable grip (like a loose "m" shape to accept two cables), only the left hand one (the one behind the satellite connection) has an opening to accept the copper core from the cable. The one on the coaxial side had no appeture, markings, recesses, or screw point for anything to be attached to it. Someone out there must have self fitted one of these plates and i am looking for help firstly in putting the wires in the correct places and secondly if both the feeds from arial and dish go into the same hole, explaining to me how the hell that works?
    if it is of any use the outlet plate is an SW710US Diplexed Screened TV/SAT. That code does google the supplier and give pics but no instructions or diagrams
    Your help is always appreciated and thank you in advance guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

@andystar351
    Had a good look for you (lots on google) but they only show the front of the plate, if you can upload a picture of the back of the plate using the 'Manage Attachments' below I should be able to help.
    From memory and the norm is that the core (center single wire) in the Coax goes to the center connection and the outer braids go to a common ground type fitting like an earth would on a mains backplate.
    jbvid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Someone out there must have self fitted one of these plates and i am looking for help firstly in putting the wires in the correct places and secondly if both the feeds from arial and dish go into the same hole, explaining to me how the hell that works?
    if it is of any use the outlet plate is an SW710US Diplexed Screened TV/SAT. That code does google the supplier and give pics but no instructions or diagrams
    Your help is always appreciated and thank you in advance guys.
    Hi
    what you have there is one part of a three part system.

the outlet plate is a splitter it only needs the one cable going to it at the other end of the cable the dish. Is where you need another Diplexer where your sat & aerial connect & are sent down the cable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by despdan; 15th January, 2009 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Despdan thanks for the info mate, a trip to Maplins confirmed everything you said you were exactly right. Unfortunately they didnt have any in stock, but luck for me they did have an outlet plate that works with two separate feeds (one from each source) which i what i needed in the first place. Situation solved, project still in course for the weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile SW710US wiring diagram

Quote Originally Posted by despdan View Post
    Hi
    what you have there is one part of a three part system.

the outlet plate is a splitter it only needs the one cable going to it at the other end of the cable the dish. Is where you need another Diplexer where your sat & aerial connect & are sent down the cable.

I'm looking for a rear view wiring diagram for a SW710US. I'm trying to moving cabling around from a Triax DDU1 loft box.