Register
Page 156 of 256 FirstFirst ... 56106146151152153154155156157158159160161166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3831
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

the sd duplicates list has sd duplicates for movies and sport...but not for hd entertainment channels like atlantic and watch etc
    be good to have all sd duplicates....recording sd channels takes up a lot less space.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

mrs and and kids were getting on at me to get sky Christmas on the box, so downloaded the latest channel list, backed up my existing tp, deleted all the channels then upgraded by USB with the latest file dated 3rd December but all my channels are the same as they were before?

what have I done wrong?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGenius1916 View Post
    Hi,

mrs and and kids were getting on at me to get sky Christmas on the box, so downloaded the latest channel list, backed up my existing tp, deleted all the channels then upgraded by USB with the latest file dated 3rd December but all my channels are the same as they were before?

what have I done wrong?
    Did you delete your old TP_PROG.dbs file from your memory stick before copying the new one to it?

If not, are you sure that you selected "copy & replace" when pasting to the memory stick?

I am wondering if your old file is still on the memory stick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
    Did you delete your old TP_PROG.dbs file from your memory stick before copying the new one to it?

If not, are you sure that you selected "copy & replace" when pasting to the memory stick?

I am wondering if your old file is still on the memory stick.
    100 % copy and replace, windows 7 machine so checked the properties of the file and it was definitely the new one, only thing I'm thinking is could the backup I done have replaced the .dbs file on the stick?

found the channel now right enough (rebranded drama/romance) but would be nice to know for the future

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGenius1916 View Post
    100 % copy and replace, windows 7 machine so checked the properties of the file and it was definitely the new one, only thing I'm thinking is could the backup I done have replaced the .dbs file on the stick?

found the channel now right enough (rebranded drama/romance) but would be nice to know for the future
    If you backed up your existing channel list to the same memory stick as the one you put the new one on, then your backed-up list will overwrite the new one as it has the same file name.

Try copying the new one to the memory stick again, but this time don't back up your old one. You don't need to anyway.
    Last edited by Hadron; 4th December, 2013 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you backed up your existing channel list to the same memory stick as the one you put the new one on, then your backed-up list will overwrite the new one as it has the same file name.

Try copying the new one to the memory stick again, but this time don't back up your old one. You don't need to anyway.
    Makes sense, will give that a bash

Thanks for your help bud

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

can i add...something that can happen easily...if you download tp_prog.dbs last week and transfer it to your usb drive and it goes on to the box fine.....but this week you may download an update and you may not realise it will be renamed tp_prog(1).dbs and you may put this on usb and into box.....that will not work....it has to be tp_prog.dbs on usb....and if theres an old one on there it will automatically rename itself to tp_prog(1).dbs.
    my advice....empty download folder before downloading...and delete any old tp_prog.dbs before moving to usb flash drive......and confirm for yourself there is only one tp_prog.dbs on usb before transferring and that it is named correctly - tp_prog.dbs only...no digits.
    Last edited by dougm1970; 4th December, 2013 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv1 View Post
    what box u got ?

did you un zip the file

i did unzip the file and it still says file mismatch,
    i have followed the instructions from the website and now i am left just two channel lists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All sorted mate, cheers

All my favourites groups are still in tact and channel 5 HD is working as we'll

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J4wdx View Post
    i did unzip the file and it still says file mismatch,
    i have followed the instructions from the website and now i am left just two channel lists.
    What is the size of the file after it is unzipped?

It should be 1MB or 1,024kB.

Not sure what you mean about the bit in bold?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is the size of the file after it is unzipped?

It should be 1MB or 1,024kB.

Not sure what you mean about the bit in bold?
    the bit in bold means i have two channels list all satellite and sky 28a.

the file size is 1024kb i don't understand what has happened as i cant even write the older channel list as that says file mismatch too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Channel 5 HD and More4HD are scrambled for me on AJ's list (both on 26/11 and 3/12 - Standard List with SD Duplicates), however it was working for me on Aj Temporary Update 02/12/2013 by Sattv5

And this has nothing to do with my sub - I can get all other $ channels just fine, apart from the two mentioned above

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

life ok channel not working

Sent from my GT-I9300

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

same here - since Monday. not sure why. Re-scanned manually (specific to lynsatfreq -still no joy/ Any thoughts anybody. using hd800hg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

is this latest update corrupt? lost a lot of channels saying no signal but looked on my other box that hasn't been updated and they're still there