Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default softmodded wii with dvd drive problems

Okay so i will start with this

i bought a new Nintendo wii and i wanted to play some backed up games on it so i searched on internet and came across a certain guide for it.
    i followed all the steps one by one got homebrew channel, usbloader and neogama so when i was done i was eager to test my backed up and i found myself with a problem it seems that my wii has one of those lenses (d3-2) that cant read backed up games or so i found in the internet in many pages where i search the error number.
    well the guide said i could read backed up games for wii and GameCube so i tried both and none work
    so i went to a... lets say workshop....kinda and as i knew my problem was lens related i wasnt planning on opening my wii so i read about using uloader to load the game from an external DVD drive so i got uloader installed and bought
    this DVD drive

I/OMagic — DVD-ROM USB 2.0 Slim External Drive

and i consider it a piece of crap and a waste of money the quality of the product seems so low but it was the only one that worked on my wii but well
    at the end of this my wii was supposed to work as the following

for my not backed up games or originals i use the disc channel
    for my backed up i use uloader
    my wii is version 4.1u

-the first problem is that when i start the uloader i have to reconnect the DVD drive each time i start the channel
    and is annoying so i was thinking maybe is a problem with my configuration or the problem is with the DVD drive

-the second problem is that i am playing fire emblem radiant dawn backed up and i want to use my fire emblem path of radiance game to increase my character stats but it seems like it will not load and i dont know if it is a problem related to the dvd drive or the uloader or my fire emblem path of radiance game and this leads to the third problem

-the third problem i cant play my backed up GameCube games on the DVD drive using uloader so i cant check my fire emblem path of radiance save-file

also i would like to learn to burn GameCube games isos on DVD so that i could play my backups on wii

and i would like to know how to use a pen drive to play games on usbloader i know that the d3-2 lens does not impede you from playing games on usb drives but i have quite the problem and i dont know how to transfer the 4.7gb iso to the fat32 formatted pen drive as the pen drive must be formatted as fat32 to work on usbloader it also becomes impossible to transfer files which are bigger than 4gb in size by the way i have a 32gb pen drive so capacity is not a problem i want to know what program or what process must be done in order to transfer a file bigger to 4 gb to a fat32 pen drive

so my objectives are:

-not having to reconnect the DVD drive to the wii each time i start uloader
    -being able to use fire emblem path of radiance save file data to increase my character stats on fire emblem radiant dawn
    -being able to play backed up GameCube games on my wii
    -learning to burn GameCube isos to DVDs and them working on my wii
    -transferring files bigger than 4gb in size to a fat32 unit in order to play it in wii

additionally i am sure a lot of persons have this kinda problem

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English and disorganized post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion654 View Post
    Okay so i will start with this

i bought a new Nintendo wii and i wanted to play some backed up games on it so i searched on internet and came across a certain guide for it.
    i followed all the steps one by one got homebrew channel, usbloader and neogama so when i was done i was eager to test my backed up and i found myself with a problem it seems that my wii has one of those lenses (d3-2) that cant read backed up games or so i found in the internet in many pages where i search the error number.
    well the guide said i could read backed up games for wii and GameCube so i tried both and none work
    so i went to a... lets say workshop....kinda and as i knew my problem was lens related i wasnt planning on opening my wii so i read about using uloader to load the game from an external DVD drive so i got uloader installed and bought
    this DVD drive

I/OMagic — DVD-ROM USB 2.0 Slim External Drive

and i consider it a piece of crap and a waste of money the quality of the product seems so low but it was the only one that worked on my wii but well
    at the end of this my wii was supposed to work as the following

for my not backed up games or originals i use the disc channel
    for my backed up i use uloader
    my wii is version 4.1u

-the first problem is that when i start the uloader i have to reconnect the DVD drive each time i start the channel
    and is annoying so i was thinking maybe is a problem with my configuration or the problem is with the DVD drive

-the second problem is that i am playing fire emblem radiant dawn backed up and i want to use my fire emblem path of radiance game to increase my character stats but it seems like it will not load and i dont know if it is a problem related to the dvd drive or the uloader or my fire emblem path of radiance game and this leads to the third problem

-the third problem i cant play my backed up GameCube games on the DVD drive using uloader so i cant check my fire emblem path of radiance save-file

also i would like to learn to burn GameCube games isos on DVD so that i could play my backups on wii

and i would like to know how to use a pen drive to play games on usbloader i know that the d3-2 lens does not impede you from playing games on usb drives but i have quite the problem and i dont know how to transfer the 4.7gb iso to the fat32 formatted pen drive as the pen drive must be formatted as fat32 to work on usbloader it also becomes impossible to transfer files which are bigger than 4gb in size by the way i have a 32gb pen drive so capacity is not a problem i want to know what program or what process must be done in order to transfer a file bigger to 4 gb to a fat32 pen drive

so my objectives are:

-not having to reconnect the DVD drive to the wii each time i start uloader
    -being able to use fire emblem path of radiance save file data to increase my character stats on fire emblem radiant dawn
    -being able to play backed up GameCube games on my wii
    -learning to burn GameCube isos to DVDs and them working on my wii
    -transferring files bigger than 4gb in size to a fat32 unit in order to play it in wii

additionally i am sure a lot of persons have this kinda problem

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English and disorganized post
    for playing gamecube games from sd card use Digital Kaos - Downloads - Neogamma R9beta56 with forwarder and mmm

for transfering your iso files use Digital Kaos - Downloads - wii backupmanager 0.3.beta1

install Digital Kaos - Downloads - ios58-64v6175 for usb 2 support should speed up your hdd but your problem is you have a usb powered hdd and not mains powered.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

He is using a usb powered external dvd drive ck not a usb powered hdd. Unless he stated further down he has now tried hdd..........I got bored after the first couple of paragraphs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    He is using a usb powered external dvd drive ck not a usb powered hdd. Unless he stated further down he has now tried hdd..........I got bored after the first couple of paragraphs
    your right h-h it is a dvd drive was in a bit of a hurry before work.
    so hellion654 buy yourself a powered hdd and send the dvd rom back problem sorted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Questions

Well again I apologize for my long and disorganized post before. but I already have IOS 58-64 v6176 not 6175 but when I tried installing it said "1 did not complete",1 wad.

I suppose version 6176 is better than version 6175 unless it isn't I would like to know how to uninstall the version 6176 so that I can have version 6175

Also I would like to point out that as stated in my previous post I need to run backups disc I mean burned disc in my DVD reader the one from the link and I don't care if I have to burn them again in a 12 cm DVD and I think I read in some other page about burning more than one game image per disc that would be great if possible, and if also this won't affect the disc switching in multiple disc games and the data loading and saving.
    about the DVD drive is not slow the problem is that I have to reconnect it every time I load a game and sometimes more than once, the uloader shows "error: USB device disconnected try plugging/unplugging" the thing is that it is connected also the lights on the DVD drive are on because is USB powered I know is connected to the wii, also I want to know if this method of running games will affect in multiple disc games, are there any games I won't be able to run, or are there any I will run slow.

Finally, this HDD method is supposed to work with the HDD permanently connected to the WII as the DVD drive but I want to know if this HDD must be FAT32 formatted for it to be recognized by the specific mod how am I supposed to transfer my 4.3gb in size games to a FAT32 unit which by the way have a 4gb limit to individual file sizes.
    I suppose the HDD drive works with GameCube games too right? as CK-OK stated that I can use the neogamma forwarder to run them from a SD card.

almost forgot, can i use the wii backup manager to transfer files to mi pendrive? even if it is fat32 formatted? or what should i do to use the usbloader on the wii using a memory i have a 32gb pendrive

sorry again for the long post and late reply I will try to reply again tomorrow
    Last edited by Hellion654; 27th March, 2012 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well again I apologize for my long and disorganized post before. but I already have IOS 58-64 v6176 not 6175 but when I tried installing it said "1 did not complete",1 wad.

I suppose version 6176 is better than version 6175 unless it isn't I would like to know how to uninstall the version 6176 so that I can have version 6175

Also I would like to point out that as stated in my previous post I need to run backups disc I mean burned disc in my DVD reader the one from the link and I don't care if I have to burn them again in a 12 cm DVD and I think I read in some other page about burning more than one game image per disc that would be great if possible, and if also this won't affect the disc switching in multiple disc games and the data loading and saving.
    about the DVD drive is not slow the problem is that I have to reconnect it every time I load a game and sometimes more than once, the uloader shows "error: USB device disconnected try plugging/unplugging" the thing is that it is connected also the lights on the DVD drive are on because is USB powered I know is connected to the wii, also I want to know if this method of running games will affect in multiple disc games, are there any games I won't be able to run, or are there any I will run slow.

Finally, this HDD method is supposed to work with the HDD permanently connected to the WII as the DVD drive but I want to know if this HDD must be FAT32 formatted for it to be recognized by the specific mod how am I supposed to transfer my 4.3gb in size games to a FAT32 unit which by the way have a 4gb limit to individual file sizes.
    I suppose the HDD drive works with GameCube games too right? as CK-OK stated that I can use the neogamma forwarder to run them from a SD card.

almost forgot, can i use the wii backup manager to transfer files to mi pendrive? even if it is fat32 formatted? or what should i do to use the usbloader on the wii using a memory i have a 32gb pendrive

sorry again for the long post and late reply I will try to reply again tomorrow

no need to delete ios58 you can install it over the previous version. for the ltest wad use http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ii-4-3-4-1405/ for the latest version.

yes you can use wiibackup manager to transfer iso's over 4gig it will split them for you and it will transfer them to a fat32 drive. but you need to use a different usb loader like gx or cfg and wiilow all these can use wbfs or fat32.

the multi game disc is for game cube games only.

you cant play gc games from a hdd only sd card.
    Last edited by ck-ok; 27th March, 2012 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Lastly

Well I already had download modmii and I have the latest version so I'm giving up on that it seems I will have to live reconnecting each time my DVD driver.
    wii backup manager will help me hopefully with future games that may not work correctly by burning I can always relay on my pen drive.
    and about the GameCube games I know that Multigame ISO creator merges your GameCube ISOs into one and gives them an interface in which you choose your game to load. also I found that if you burn in the same disc the images of disc 1 and disc 2 (for double disc games only) you can make them work, just saying so all who reads this knows

for now it seems like i have no more question so thanks for all and see ya later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Back again

well after i backed up some GC games i had i burned them as a multi iso and installed the gcbackup launcher but it seems like the GCbackuplauncher works only on the DVD slot of the wii and not on the external DVD drive that i bough so now I want to know is there any way to play the backed up GameCube disc on the external DVD drive i know i can play on a SD card but i don't wanna i want to use disc so i mean ANY way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

well after i backed up some GC games i had i burned them as a multi iso and installed the gcbackup launcher but it seems like the GCbackuplauncher works only on the DVD slot of the wii and not on the external DVD drive that i bough so now I want to know is there any way to play the backed up GameCube disc on the external DVD drive i know i can play on a SD card but i don't wanna i want to use disc so i mean ANY way
    have you installed cmios first?
    http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/gamecube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

okay i already did what the guide told me soo i though maybe it will work now but i tried on the gc backup launcher and nothing then i tried in the hermes uloader and i got dvd error -1 i looked it up and got this:

Wad Install Error:Most likely you have cIOS installed incorrectly, out of date, or missing.Your SD card is not Formatted as FAT16 or FAT32 properly, reformat it. If a file was needed, then it was not in the correct folder.Each application needs its files in specific folders, so pay attention to that. Can also be a bad wad or not enough space on the Wii. (example: If your installing cios38rev17 offline make sure you have ios38-64-v3867 on the root of your sd)

so i don't know what is wrong i got that error before i did the guide when i tried my gc backup.
    Last edited by Hellion654; 29th March, 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well after my last post i searched for uloader wad install error to see if i could track it and got into a page that had a installation package for the hermes uloader version 5.1e which was the one i had before so i though i would reinstall it.
    to my surprise it didn't work i could not read GC disk and got the same DVD error -1 but the good news is the read speed improved and i didn't had to reconnect my driver for it to start reading the game so is a half fix it didn't damaged anything and fixed a minor issue, still i can't play my gamecube backups and don't know what to do now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

well after my last post i searched for uloader wad install error to see if i could track it and got into a page that had a installation package for the hermes uloader version 5.1e which was the one i had before so i though i would reinstall it.
    to my surprise it didn't work i could not read GC disk and got the same DVD error -1 but the good news is the read speed improved and i didn't had to reconnect my driver for it to start reading the game so is a half fix it didn't damaged anything and fixed a minor issue, still i can't play my gamecube backups and don't know what to do now.
    try playing a gc game from the sd card to make sure you have everything you need to play them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry for the late reply had some problems
    now what should i use to run a gc game from a sd card, the usbloader or the neogamma?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

sorry for the late reply had some problems
    now what should i use to run a gc game from a sd card, the usbloader or the neogamma?
    neogamma is your best bet,on the main neogamma screen change load game from dvd to sd and you should be able to play your gc games from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good info, thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast