Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default German Nokia Dbox2

hi all

i bought a german dbox with neutrino image on it and it appears to be in debug mode... i can ftp in and have flash with laky image and sent across other releveant files... trouble is, when i reboot, i keep getting german settings et al... also, it keeps bringing up german channels and everything is in german... its a x2 box.. i've looke into how to change selections into english but the only option i'm offered is deutsch.. non english... also, although i can ftp in, each time i change dhcp to allow me to setup ip address, it does not save it... any ideas...

any help much appreciated..
    cromer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How are you flashing the Laky image? Have you tried Boot without flashloader? Have you tried using Image Flashing Assistant? Does Laky come on at all? Your ram/rom may be in write protect mode or simply not in debug mode. Could also be a fault with the ram, if it comes up with the german settings and channels at every reboot. Try a fresh flash of the rom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Have you changed your service & bouquet files to english ones as you will just get german channels.
    The files go in var/tuxbox/config/zapit
    You can get the files from here>>>>>>>>Digital Kaos - Downloads - Services and Bouquets
    Last edited by gizmo.1484; 21st January, 2009 at 05:06 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cromer View Post
    hi all

i bought a german dbox with neutrino image on it and it appears to be in debug mode... i can ftp in and have flash with laky image and sent across other releveant files... trouble is, when i reboot, i keep getting german settings et al... also, it keeps bringing up german channels and everything is in german... its a x2 box.. i've looke into how to change selections into english but the only option i'm offered is deutsch.. non english... also, although i can ftp in, each time i change dhcp to allow me to setup ip address, it does not save it... any ideas...

cromer
    check in the share/tuxbox/neutrino/locale if there is no english.locale add this

english.rar

look for the command 'Sprache' and see if u get an english option, this is for sportster 1.72 so chk ur img first.....post back if it is a different image.....the file has to match...prob safer to reflash a uk modded img
    Last edited by MetMan; 21st January, 2009 at 05:59 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

hi all

cromer
    Are you 100% certain that you've flashed the box correctly?

The menus etc should all be English after a reboot.

FTP your image into the TMP folder then flash the box using the software update feature in the Services Menu, select 'flash partition without bootloader'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok all... will give what you say now and see how that goes and get back to you... thanks 4 that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

okay... i've reflashed with the laky image which i hve successfully managed to do b4... but when it reboots, its still teh same as it was when i bought it... when i tried to copy ovr services and bouquets, i get a 553 could not create file... i thought my box was in debug mode as when it boots i get the usual screen full of numbers then loading kernel... it would seem anything i command is falling over... if you think the box is not in debug mode, i'll have a go at debuggint it.. could it be just a question of permissions at a higher level?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

okay... i've reflashed with the laky image which i hve successfully managed to do b4... but when it reboots, its still teh same as it was when i bought it... when i tried to copy ovr services and bouquets, i get a 553 could not create file... i thought my box was in debug mode as when it boots i get the usual screen full of numbers then loading kernel... it would seem anything i command is falling over... if you think the box is not in debug mode, i'll have a go at debuggint it.. could it be just a question of permissions at a higher level?
    what method of flashing ftp or ifa?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm flashing without bootloader but noticed the konfigfile at the bottom keeps reverting back to one it was setup up with when it arrived in /var/etc/squashfs.urls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry meant to add flashing with ftp.... there's a section after software upgrade which says Experten-Funktionen and underneath that it says: Updatemodus which is set to Internet... looks suspicioulsy like its still set for anotehr net... the option other than internet is ftp but not sure if that would allow me to flash but will give it a go and get back to you...

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

sorry meant to add flashing with ftp.... there's a section after software upgrade which says Experten-Funktionen and underneath that it says: Updatemodus which is set to Internet... looks suspicioulsy like its still set for anotehr net... the option other than internet is ftp but not sure if that would allow me to flash but will give it a go and get back to you...
    do u see the img named after Experten-Funktionen then blue - flash one partition or what ever the german is and then flash without bootloader - do u see the laky img in file-selector??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

after expert function it has a konfigfile entry showing /var/etc/squashfs.urls ... no matter what i do, flash it or add appropriate files it always reverts back to what it was before i thought i'd changed... eg... i changed the image file to /tmp/lakys... and flashed which it said was successful... upon reboot... back to the squashfs.urls file... i'm sure its in debug mode as when it boots it looks like its in debug mode and when it shuts down, its has a screen which has the NEUTRINO next generation image

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

after expert function it has a konfigfile entry showing /var/etc/squashfs.urls ... no matter what i do, flash it or add appropriate files it always reverts back to what it was before i thought i'd changed... eg... i changed the image file to /tmp/lakys... and flashed which it said was successful... upon reboot... back to the squashfs.urls file... i'm sure its in debug mode as when it boots it looks like its in debug mode and when it shuts down, its has a screen which has the NEUTRINO next generation image
    after 'Experten-Funktionen' isn't there a 'einzelne Partition einspielen' command?

may be best to use ifa to flash the img.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

after experten funktion it has four options with the image at the bottom always the same... var/etc/squashfs.urls

the options are:

red: ganzes Flashimage auslesen

green: ganzes Flashimage einspielen

yellow: einzeline Partition auslesen

blue: einzeline Partition einspielen

i've been flashing with the yellow one as it seemed using a german translator to be the corerct one... but if you have this, flash using the blue option and all should work out fine....

thank you all for your assistance... i'm away to watch the footie...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks metman... ur a star...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast