Guide to Creating a Technomate Channel List from Scratch - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Can I just add to this post that for fixed dish single sat channel lists. Clarke tech studio editor will download a full channel list for the sat of your choice i.e. 28.2 by choosing input from web. List is from king of sats and you can then edit the list and favourites to your liking and stick them on a usb. Job done and very simple to use.
    hi highlander i have tried this way bye firstly adding 28.2 then 19.2 and both was added to the list useing clake tech was wondering if i could do this for all sats on my motorised dish and am guessing due to importing list from web list is up to date as it can be?
    i tested and uploaded to stb then i add to go to instilation.satelite setup select astra19.2 save it then checked motorised settings see if usals was selected all seems to be working fine
    Last edited by podgey3874; 14th February, 2013 at 01:00 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by podgey3874 View Post
    hi highlander i have tried this way bye firstly adding 28.2 then 19.2 and both was added to the list useing clake tech was wondering if i could do this for all sats on my motorised dish and am guessing due to importing list from web list is up to date as it can be?
    i tested and uploaded to stb then i add to go to instilation.satelite setup select astra19.2 save it then checked motorised settings see if usals was selected all seems to be working fine

Mate if your going to start banding this software about on other forums at least give Credit to the original author 'jetsetw'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    Mate if your going to start banding this software about on other forums at least give Credit to the original author 'jetsetw'
    sorry mate i will edit and give credit were its due sorry for that mate and jetsetw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

what beams are impossiable to get around the arc on a 1metre motorised in wakefield reason why i ask is i am trying ot edit your spreadsheet for my needs
    for example i no i can only get badr4 but what would i need to put in coloum only to get that beam scanned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The explanation below is for the default website, Lyngsat. If you are using KoS or Flysat, it is easy enough
    to change the URL and beam names accordingly.

You'll see in the spreadsheet at 26E that the URL is "Badr-4.html". This means that only beams from the
    Badr-4 satellite will be looked up. If you had an enormous dish and thought you could also pick up channels
    from Badr-5 or 6, you could change the URL to "Badr-4-5-6.html".

As for which beams on Badr-4 are possible, the easiest way to find out is as follows:

1) Type "All" in the beams column for 26E and run the macro. The spreadsheet will then pick up every beam
    available from the website. (If you look on Lyngsat, you'll see that the beams are called MBC, BSS and FSS.)

2) Remember to back up your own channel list!
    Copy the resulting "TPs.ndf" file from your PC to a USB stick, and load into your Technomate.

3) Scan Badr-4 on your Technomate, and make a note of which TPs have actually picked up channels.

4) Go to the Lyngsat website and check the names of the beams corresponding to the aforementioned TPs.

5) If, for example, you find that all those TPs are from the MBC and BSS beams, and that none of the TPs
    on the FSS beam gave you any channels, then you can safely change the 26E beam column of the spreadsheet
    to *MBC*BSS* (or Not *FSS* if you prefer). Next time you run the macro, only those beams will be used for
    TPs, saving you a lot of time when you next scan for channels on your Technomate.

(What really slows down the scanning is having a list of hundreds of TPs that have no chance of being picked
    up. The Technomate will spend 10 seconds or so on each one in vain before moving on. By only using suitable
    beams in the spreadsheet, you miss out all the unavailable TPs from your channel list.)

The reason that I haven't already filled in the beams column of 26E is that I can't pick up anything at all on
    my 60cm dish! I've only entered what works for me from 30W to 42E.

Hope this makes sense; give a shout otherwise.

Jetset
    Last edited by jetsetw; 15th February, 2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: clarification

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetw View Post
    The explanation below is for the default website, Lyngsat. If you are using KoS or Flysat, it is easy enough
    to change the URL and beam names accordingly.

You'll see in the spreadsheet at 26E that the URL is "Badr-4.html". This means that only beams from the
    Badr-4 satellite will be looked up. If you had an enormous dish and thought you could also pick up channels
    from Badr-5 or 6, you could change the URL to "Badr-4-5-6.html".

As for which beams on Badr-4 are possible, the easiest way to find out is as follows:

1) Type "All" in the beams column for 26E and run the macro. The spreadsheet will then pick up every beam
    available from the website. (If you look on Lyngsat, you'll see that the beams are called MBC, BSS and FSS.)

2) Remember to back up your own channel list!
    Copy the resulting "TPs.ndf" file from your PC to a USB stick, and load into your Technomate.

3) Scan Badr-4 on your Technomate, and make a note of which TPs have actually picked up channels.

4) Go to the Lyngsat website and check the names of the beams corresponding to the aforementioned TPs.

5) If, for example, you find that all those TPs are from the MBC and BSS beams, and that none of the TPs
    on the FSS beam gave you any channels, then you can safely change the 26E beam column of the spreadsheet
    to *MBC*BSS* (or Not *FSS* if you prefer). Next time you run the macro, only those beams will be used for
    TPs, saving you a lot of time when you next scan for channels on your Technomate.

(What really slows down the scanning is having a list of hundreds of TPs that have no chance of being picked
    up. The Technomate will spend 10 seconds or so on each one in vain before moving on. By only using suitable
    beams in the spreadsheet, you miss out all the unavailable TPs from your channel list.)

The reason that I haven't already filled in the beams column of 26E is that I can't pick up anything at all on
    my 60cm dish! I've only entered what works for me from 30W to 42E.

Hope this makes sense; give a shout otherwise.

Jetset
    Please see pm

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

**Update** 2.2.4

I have tweaked the TP updater Excel spreadsheet with the following:

46? east Azerspace 1 Satellite *added*

34.5? West Intelsat 903 Satellite *added for Feeds*

52.5? east Yahsat *Removed Footprint Changed*

Updated all URL's from Lyngsat, King of sat & Flysat all Footprint beams have been added and updated

All Credit to the Original Author of the Spreadsheet jetsetw Thanks

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

dbj159 (8th October, 2013)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

**Update 2.5**

Done a little update with a few new Satellites added

20.0? west added for Feeds and the odd Channel Pops up there now and again

30.5? east Arabsat 5A you may need something like a TD110 or larger for this satellite

31.5? east Astra 1G Few Channels and the odd Feed

47.5? east Intelsat 10 Again Few Feeds on here

55.0? east Yamal 402 A few Channels on here

Checked and updated all URL's from the 3 main sites, All Credit for the Original Spreadsheet by JetsetW (Great bit of work)

This will create a Blank CNDF file with all the latest Transponders added all you have to do is scan

Compatible with the Usual TM5402,TM F3/5,TM6902,TM7102 etc.. Blade 7000s, Dr HD series of receivers

Regards

10. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

happy_highlander (2nd April, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi All,
    Looking at using this excellent spreadsheet (thanks to jetsetw!!) for updating my TP's on a TM5400 (not HD). Spreadsheet links to Lyngsat etc and updates without problem. I am at a loss however, as to how I create the right file type (NDF?). Clearly, the box will not recognise an xls spreadsheet. I am sure I am missing something obvious, but any guidance would be appreciated!
    Many thanks,

Welldigger99

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

The Guide for this Program is on Page 1 first post, the xls is the spreadsheet that creates a Blank CNDF list that you insert into your receiver and then scan for the appropriate channels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks digicon. Understood. I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Minor update: satellite, URLs and beams updated. Detailed info below to save trawling through
    the whole thread.

Guide to Creating a Technomate Channel List from Scratch

For Technomate 5400 Super and 5402HD models with USALS.
    (May work with other TM series, or with Clarke Tech clones.)

Note: this guide and the attached spreadsheet are for creating a brand new channel list.
    They will not help you modify an existing channel list.

Warning: always back up your own channel list before loading another one!

Many channel lists are available online, but the best list is always the one you make yourself.
    This "Transponder Updater" spreadsheet will grab transponder details from the website of your
    choice (Lyngsat, King of Sat, Flysat), for the satellites and beams you would like to scan. It then
    saves an "empty" channel list to your PC with satellite and transponder information. (No channels
    are stored at this stage.) This empty list can then be loaded into your receiver via USB stick, and
    is ready for auto navigation to pull in the channels.

Features:

* You can enter your own satellite names and positions (up to 64).
    * Choice of Lyngsat, King of Sat, or Flysat for acquiring transponders.
    * You can specify exactly the beams from which to take transponders.
    * Option to include, ignore, or only scan for feeds.
    * Each website has its own columns for URLs and beams to scan, so you can switch from one to
    another easily and compare results.
    * Some good beams for the UK are already entered in the spreadsheet - easy to customise.
    * A dummy transponder can be inserted for each satellite to prevent the Technomate from
    scanning too early when auto-navigating. This ensures the dish has moved away from the
    previous satellite before scanning the next one, thus preventing incorrect channel info on the
    first transponder.
    * After the spreadsheet has finished (could take a minute or two) you can see exactly which
    transponders have been saved to the new list.

Full instructions in spreadsheet. Tested on Technomate 5400 Super and 5402 HD receivers.

A couple of tips on using the spreadsheet:

1) If you want to see what the various beams are called from a particular satellite, an easier way
    than visiting the Lyngsat/KoS/Flysat website is to type "all" in the beams column. After running
    the macro, you'll see precisely what all beams are called; the names are often a very good
    indication of whether they're worth including! For the less obvious beams, see Lyngsat and Flysat
    for links to footprints.

2) I would recommend that you do insert dummy TPs. Before I added this option, my receiver
    would start scanning Astra 19 again while the dish was on the move between 19E and 23.5E...
    If you do insert dummy TPs, they can be removed later using Clark Tech Editor Studio. The latest
    version is 3.20, and it is great for tidying up channel lists generally. Although it claims lists from
    the 5402HD are "5000-HDS format", I don't believe this is quite the case, and would save them
    as "Clark Tech Plus" format for both 5400 Super and 5402HD receivers.

Jetset
    Last edited by jetsetw; 30th June, 2014 at 09:58 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jetsetw For This Useful Post:

akeelz (15th November, 2014), gallogallo (19th April, 2020), mrynamite (30th September, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For any reason I am not allowed to download it. This is exactly what could help me out, looks great I want to try it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetw View Post
    Minor update: satellite, URLs and beams updated. Detailed info below to save trawling through
    the whole thread.

Guide to Creating a Technomate Channel List from Scratch

For Technomate 5400 Super and 5402HD models with USALS.
    (May work with other TM series, or with Clarke Tech clones.)

Note: this guide and the attached spreadsheet are for creating a brand new channel list.
    They will not help you modify an existing channel list.

Warning: always back up your own channel list before loading another one!

Many channel lists are available online, but the best list is always the one you make yourself.
    This "Transponder Updater" spreadsheet will grab transponder details from the website of your
    choice (Lyngsat, King of Sat, Flysat), for the satellites and beams you would like to scan. It then
    saves an "empty" channel list to your PC with satellite and transponder information. (No channels
    are stored at this stage.) This empty list can then be loaded into your receiver via USB stick, and
    is ready for auto navigation to pull in the channels.

Features:

* You can enter your own satellite names and positions (up to 64).
    * Choice of Lyngsat, King of Sat, or Flysat for acquiring transponders.
    * You can specify exactly the beams from which to take transponders.
    * Option to include, ignore, or only scan for feeds.
    * Each website has its own columns for URLs and beams to scan, so you can switch from one to
    another easily and compare results.
    * Some good beams for the UK are already entered in the spreadsheet - easy to customise.
    * A dummy transponder can be inserted for each satellite to prevent the Technomate from
    scanning too early when auto-navigating. This ensures the dish has moved away from the
    previous satellite before scanning the next one, thus preventing incorrect channel info on the
    first transponder.
    * After the spreadsheet has finished (could take a minute or two) you can see exactly which
    transponders have been saved to the new list.

Full instructions in spreadsheet. Tested on Technomate 5400 Super and 5402 HD receivers.

A couple of tips on using the spreadsheet:

1) If you want to see what the various beams are called from a particular satellite, an easier way
    than visiting the Lyngsat/KoS/Flysat website is to type "all" in the beams column. After running
    the macro, you'll see precisely what all beams are called; the names are often a very good
    indication of whether they're worth including! For the less obvious beams, see Lyngsat and Flysat
    for links to footprints.

2) I would recommend that you do insert dummy TPs. Before I added this option, my receiver
    would start scanning Astra 19 again while the dish was on the move between 19E and 23.5E...
    If you do insert dummy TPs, they can be removed later using Clark Tech Editor Studio. The latest
    version is 3.20, and it is great for tidying up channel lists generally. Although it claims lists from
    the 5402HD are "5000-HDS format", I don't believe this is quite the case, and would save them
    as "Clark Tech Plus" format for both 5400 Super and 5402HD receivers.

Jetset
    Hello.
    I am interested in the program but I cannot download it. I have a Clarke tech receiver for which I was using a small "NDF Edit" program to update the TPs using kingofsat or lyngsat, and it no longer works and I am looking for a solution. Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123