Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boiled Rice

north east england from the posh end of scotswood road
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I normally use the two to one method but I add some star anise,cloves and a tiny bit cinnamon stick just so I can sit back and watch the family crack all their teeth(hey,mine are plastic I can chew through anything)...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am 73 tears old and will try your method Hypersonic I am a great beleaver in never to old to learn It sounds interesting and the Termeric is new to me sounds good
    chasw66 the 66 is the age when I started into computers

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Good on you chas ~ I'm 77 this year and still making great boiled rice. You can rinse the rice before cooking or add spice if you want ~ it's up to you ~ if you read the whoole thread you have lots of + an minus comments ~ just remember it's 15 mins for basmati and 20 mins for long grain rice, then rinse with boiling water. ~ carry on cooking !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you're bored with plain rice, you can add chicken, Chinese rice wine or medium-dry sherry, sesame oil, and ginger to make rice porridge. Top with scallions for extra flavour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Good thread !
    Shame you banned the author.
    Still, there are thousands of views, so boiled rice must be a popular foodie thread subject.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

if you use a rice cooker and let it boil dry you can make fried rice with it straight away pritty much egg acts as a oily sponge to "wet" the wok so you dont need to put too much coconut oil in the rice directly. i go a bit of chicken stock or french lake salt (like a multi vitamin pill) in the rice water
    have fun everybody.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Cooking basmathi rice is a bit harder than cooking other type or rice types ..Make sure to strain water when the grain can be smashed in your finger tips and leave it cook in steam to avoid stickiness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123