Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many left

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

Thumbs up

make that 21 vintage itgate's, mines on nemesis 4.4 but why do I keep fiddling with it, still a solid box, been a good buy, bargain imo..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think its a safe bet that sat kings ain't coming back any time soon, itgate recievers were just over hyped poorly supported equipment.. you all would have been better getting dm500 or 600 clones at the time...not to mention itgates were grossly overpriced...I still remember all the rubbish and propaganda they used to spout about them...ur team, hypercam...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion and free speech and all that but if i am misstaken this thread is called "how many left " not "lets hate on Itgate" also did if you own an Itgate ?

Now at the time if i am correct no other box had a swappable tuner option unless your had a degree in soldering and if there was it must of been greatly over priced or not even out at the time.

My Itgate was said to be future proof many years ago when everyone was running cable, and as soon as cable went t+ts up, people started to switch to satellite and most peeps had to buy a new box ? .... not me.

All that was needed for the Itgate was a new tuner plug and play and bobs your uncle, i stand by and swear that this box is still a good box, rock solid, faster than the DB and yes you are correct acts like any other box accepting plug ins and all that, and if you like to tinker with your box this was my school of learning how to....

PS:- in respect to Satkings and Itgate if i remember who was the first to get around the nagra's when they first appeared and with love made sure the rest of the community could adopt to the fix for their box's ?

ITgate TGM220 (swapable tuner), Dreambox 800 pro, Dreambox 500c x 2, DBox, Popbox media player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I got a little circle of about 6 ( all TGM220 ) between myself and other family members. all running custom UR image satellite tuner obv.

@andy, the dm600 had a swapable tuner first, however it was more EXPENSIVE by far;-) so beats DM there
    for nagra2 in ireland, it was the 2nd box fixed i believe after krytpview( by about less than a week ). but it was hypercam that gifted the fix to all the other linux boxes! some of which were never fixed.

@gsmtech, theres always 1 troll.. your argument is crap anyway because neither the orignal dm500 or dm600 had a picture quality as good as a TGM220, so dont talk pish about clones too. the thread was about how many are still around.

about satkings, javaoverride had a thread about he had acquired the domain name, and if i remember how random a guy he was it probably will appear back at sometime, albeit under new ownership. would be nice to see some of the original members,, it was quite a close-knit community.
    Last edited by haribo; 28th August, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

aaah!...Satkings, was one of my favorite sites at the time...think i'll put ur image back on tgm220 and have another tinker, as already stated a great learning box and still solid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Kryptview were first to fix most nagra 1 issues, followed once by hypercam on the ITgates . After this one off all subsequent fixes were made by the members of the dreambox Linux enthusiast scene in the form of patched ROM 7 and ROM 10 images for various key roll methods...from TBC (two beer cans), boxster, etc.. These happened to also work on Itgates as there images were based on DM enigma 1...it wasnt ITgate who provided the fixes, they eventually lost hypercam exclusivity as well.. The legacy continues with TM satellite Linux recievers being basically rebadged ITgates with the same poor software support from UR Team, DS Team, etc...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gsmtech View Post
    Kryptview were first to fix most nagra 1 issues, followed once by hypercam on the ITgates . After this one off all subsequent fixes were made by the members of the dreambox Linux enthusiast scene in the form of patched ROM 7 and ROM 10 images for various key roll methods...from TBC (two beer cans), boxster, etc.. These happened to also work on Itgates as there images were based on DM enigma 1...it wasnt ITgate who provided the fixes, they eventually lost hypercam exclusivity as well.. The legacy continues with TM satellite Linux recievers being basically rebadged ITgates with the same poor software support from UR Team, DS Team, etc...

nagra 1 issues were fixed on most non linux stb by sunrise... linux stb,s were fixed as said above and a few others ..nagra 2 hit ireland and quite right kv released the fix first then followed by others..IE: satkings etc,etc.

The itgate is a well made reciver.. hence the very low hardware issues. or any issues in it,s hayday....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mept1 View Post
    nagra 1 issues were fixed on most non linux stb by sunrise... linux stb,s were fixed as said above and a few others ..nagra 2 hit ireland and quite right kv released the fix first then followed by others..IE: satkings etc,etc.

The itgate is a well made reciver.. hence the very low hardware issues. or any issues in it,s hayday....
    That I can agree with the itgate hardware itself was OK, with two year hardware warranty.
    Its the poor software support and image quality that let them down, no proper teams behind the software apart from crap UR Team, the Gemini image was probably a non official ported dreambox image.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I cannot knock satman (uk ur team images ) , at the moment I'm running edg nemesis on my tgm 220 and runs flawlessly , owned my itgate for a about 4-5 years now and its never missed a beat. Would have liked a open pli image etc to try out but I'm well happy with this piece of hardware

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

thanks for the trip down memory lane gsmtech,, but really, do give up man.

moving on, technomate boxes were always OEM DAGS boxes, thats nothing new. the software was all wrote in Korea, and probably still is.
    They were well built tho, yes thats correct, the boxes in my 'circle' have been hammered now for about 7 years, and dam there still gon good. only had 1 psu blown in all that time. so il take the view they were decent boxes.
    in regards to software, im sure theres a lot you probably wouldnt know or have no need to know. but like above, I know fact the satkings guys spent days without sleep helping others.. lots of other dealers out there wouldnt even help with non FTA questions.. bhaa rant over

p.s still dont you know the truth behind teams like UR and gemini ,, haha ok, il refrain from filling you in with the knowledge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default One more still up and... not yet working

Hi guys,

A TGM220 that has been offline for 2 years getting back to life. It used to work great, let's see what new firmwares I can find...

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

still using a 200 with sat tuner here too.
    only freeview though.
    and could never get my head round how to update the images, cams etc after the auto update ceased.
    just not that technically minded unfortunately

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One more here, was running in the cable day and now running sat stuff, still going strong, only looking to change as i want something with a hard drive and a better epg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got one, still has the cable tuner in it, will need to have a tinker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12