Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by batandball View Post
    to the guy with Audi TT, your car is not f-cked its just the check sum
    plenty off machine have done this in the past
    when you get the 912 / 9s12 five wire gear that should sort it
    Nothing is every truly F@#$#ed if you have some technical experience, . Regardless of what happened, as long as you can read the eeprom and post it up here one of us will be able to recalc it for you. The most important thing to do is not panic, this happens to the best of us with original tools as well. I dont think I've use a tool yet that I can say works 100%. You have to remember the larger companies have many many marks to focus on and when it comes to newer cars its a rush t o see gets out the update first.

You may be better off at this point buying a few smaller tools from developers who focus on just a few marks. Typically these tool are always updated and have 90% of all the sw/hw variation that he mfg has released. I mean it pretty much simple mathematics, many marks almost impossible to continually re-release every new version of sw that comes out, fewer marks they are able to concentrate on making the product. For me a perfect example would be smok, not too many tools, not too many marks, so he has the time to add the new sw the dashs utilize.

bkenigma

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bkenigma View Post
    You may be better off at this point buying a few smaller tools from developers who focus on just a few marks. Typically these tool are always updated and have 90% of all the sw/hw variation that he mfg has released. I mean it pretty much simple mathematics, many marks almost impossible to continually re-release every new version of sw that comes out, fewer marks they are able to concentrate on making the product. For me a perfect example would be smok, not too many tools, not too many marks, so he has the time to add the new sw the dashs utilize.

bkenigma
    You are right, but from my expirience...Smok (or his reseller)is a typical Polish liar.
    Bought from him fiat tool, and in list of cars there was Punto Grande, also 1.3mjt ECU , and EDC15 Fiat , Stilo as well...nothing listed did not work... What to say, he claimed Grande will work, and in his connector pins 1&9 in OBD was not even connected! MJT never worked, EDC15 never. Never answered mail or Skype, or pretending can not understand English. Even after I wrote on polish, he not answered. That was not enough for me, so couple yrs. after I bought Superprog.... About them I will not even tell anything, what they promised. So, that Digi clone will work as any Polish tool...something will work, something will not, who knows. I think it is worth of buying. I bought Diga clone when it was 1500eur , and I never regret.
    Regards,
    Vladimir

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Out of interest doesn't it annoy you guys when you go out to a job and the tools you have let you down.

because seriously i don't know how people with just a massive list of clones do it. I've had rear cases when i go out an no tool works, i get pi************* off. e.g. if there is a car dp3/vagprog etc. don't do for whatever reason there after i spend time pluging carprog,tacho bla bla but it dont work.

infact i purchased carprog clone, had it for atleast 2 months its made me no money, i used it on 2 different fords. but my other machines can do them too. Tried to program a renault key using it didnt work either.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Like I initially stated sparkz all tools with never work 100%. When I first got into the business a friend told me if you want to make all cars obd, or even all cars work 100% you can easily spend 50k and up. I sorta laughed at him but now prob have spent close to 50k on tools so i have ones that work on any machine I touch. But to be honest, regardless of what expensive tools you have there is always 1 tool that has never let me down, . UPA. Now while everything has to be done either in-circuit with adaptors or soldering leads I have yet to find a car that my little UPA cannot do. In fact I know 2 or 3 people who make a living doing this and only use an UPA .

bkenigma

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bkenigma View Post
    Like I initially stated sparkz all tools with never work 100%. When I first got into the business a friend told me if you want to make all cars obd, or even all cars work 100% you can easily spend 50k and up. I sorta laughed at him but now prob have spent close to 50k on tools so i have ones that work on any machine I touch. But to be honest, regardless of what expensive tools you have there is always 1 tool that has never let me down, . UPA. Now while everything has to be done either in-circuit with adaptors or soldering leads I have yet to find a car that my little UPA cannot do. In fact I know 2 or 3 people who make a living doing this and only use an UPA .

bkenigma
    I have one example for you, ? bentley arnage year 2008.
    As i read on old Posts not possible.

Never even seen one in my lie so no worry for me.
    Last edited by honingkoning; 26th August, 2012 at 08:47 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

who know how to use ass+ digiprog3 on mb ml 164 2009?
    Thank you

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

you put in how many days to next service and miles ?
    If it works use it

BatandBall

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsj View Post
    I tried reading the chip on board but it wasn't reading correct mileage... so I removed the chip and read it using the clip... the mileage read ok now so I changed it and wrote the new mileage (24k)... I read the mileage and it read it ok.

This shows that the ST01 cable works ok on clones and that the DigiProg3 clone works well with Renault Clio... please note however that this speedo wasn't tried back inside a car but I doubt there would be any problem.

What do you guys think?
    The DP3 clone not works every time in-circuit reading ! I must desolder a lot of eeproms, BUT who have CP clone works great. Over 90% from eeproms reading / writing in-circuit without any problems !

Carradio2001.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by carradio2001 View Post
    The DP3 clone not works every time in-circuit reading ! I must desolder a lot of eeproms, BUT who have CP clone works great. Over 90% from eeproms reading / writing in-circuit without any problems !

Carradio2001.

I have carprog orig and i wouldnt trust in circuit reading threw experience.

As always best to remove to be 100%
    You need every tool in the book, to do this auto locksmith job.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,193 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obdmaster View Post
    I have carprog orig and i wouldnt trust in circuit reading threw experience.

As always best to remove to be 100%
    Yes but not always fast, just did a micra 2009 with touch holder, takes 5 minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    629 Posts

Nice fingernails Drpeter, you get those babies manicured?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Just got my new unit from China after first one has been bloked after few days(blue screen)

Tested on:

VW polo 2005 dash VDO not work
    Audi A6 2003 dash not work
    Audi A6 2005 dash work( test only if is read i not change it)

And then put my AVDI on all 3 cars and done in few minutes al by OBD

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diagnoza_auto2000 View Post
    Just got my new unit from China after first one has been bloked after few days(blue screen)

Tested on:

VW polo 2005 dash VDO not work
    Audi A6 2003 dash not work
    Audi A6 2005 dash work( test only if is read i not change it)

And then put my AVDI on all 3 cars and done in few minutes al by OBD
    do you ever listen put new 9D way plug on, that's why it does not communicate
    used lead 48 912 on X type jag worked spot on
    you would be better off selling it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by batandball; 28th August, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
    If it works use it

BatandBall

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,193 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Nice fingernails Drpeter, you get those babies manicured?

Sorry it's not me but a clone....

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by batandball View Post
    do you ever listen put new 9D way plug on, that's why it does not communicate
    used lead 48 912 on X type jag worked spot on
    you would be better off selling it
    i already make that connector my friend.