Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sposa03 View Post
    Hi Maplelea

I had the same problem but now I have sorted it.

Follow these instructions and see if it works for you.

Firstly goto http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...mmm-13-4-1978/ and download the file then follow these instructions.

Extract the the wads and apps folders to a clean sd card.

Make sure you have deleted all usbloader gx channels or forwarders from the wii . To do this you goto the wii options bottom left of the main page, select data management, then wii channels. Select any gx channels you have and delete.

Put the SD card that you have just extracted the the two folders to in the wii, and goto homebrew channel.

Select Multi Mod Manager and load it.

Reload to IOS236 (reload to another ios is at the bottom of the list) click it and select 236.

Navigate down to wad manager with wiimote (third one down) and press A on wiimote to select.

Press 1 on wiimote to select all wads for batch install, then press A to install.

That's it you are all done.

You now have two options. You can use this sd card to load gx from or you can copy the usbloader gx folder to wherever you normally have your apps folder for your other loaders and apps.

Enjoy this version of usbloader gx. The techy info for it is that this is USBLOADER GX 2.3 r1128 that runs on ios249 as default and has just been updated on 19-11-11 to run full nand emulation for game saves and channels.

This worked perfect for me and no everythin is running fine.

Hope this helps.

Wouldn't it have been easier just to put up a link to my post you copied the instructions from

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sposa,
    Your method is the simplest one for persons like me Now, one more thing - how can I download the games image? do I have to have my wii connected to the internet?

Thanks a lot everyone here in DK who helped me or wanted to help me! You guys are the best!!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf71 View Post
    Sposa,
    Your method is the simplest one for persons like me Now, one more thing - how can I download the games image? do I have to have my wii connected to the internet?

Thanks a lot everyone here in DK who helped me or wanted to help me! You guys are the best!!
    Sposas method is a direct copy from my tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Hi Keith,
    Please see my question below on your instructions -
    1. On the main menu type in SU - is it main menu of ModMii or Wii console iteself?

2. "and type in the location of the sysCheck.csv" - what do youu mean by this?
    I will repeat myself yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Download ModMii6.1.5 and run it from Windows.
    You understand that part?

On the main menu type in SU and type in the location of the sysCheck.csv. Its easier to put this on the root of a drive as it saves typo's.
    After you type in I Agree on startup you will see loads of options. SU = SysCheck Updater (update only your outdated softmods) + Guide. It doesn't matter if its a new or old softmod it works the same. Type in SU and press Enter it will say:

Enter the path\name of your sysCheck.csv, this is the file that sysCheck makes after you run sysCheck from HBC this will be on the root of the SD card. If your SD card is connected to your computer then type in driveletter:\syscheck.csv and press Enter. If also says you can drag and drop this file onto this ModMii windows but that doesn't work for me. My sysCheck.csv files are on the drive so you would have to type in its full location along with the filename but you could have typo's so copy it to the root of the drive, I type c:\sysCheck.csv.

That will show you a list af all missing wads and apps, type in Y and Enter to generate a guide which produces a html file of what its downloading and how to install them.

This is mine so the link won't show anything for you.
    COPY_TO_SD\ModMii_sysCheck_Updater_Guide.html

This will download all files into COPY_TO_SD sub folder. Add all files and folders to your SD card and run Homebrew with the SD card inserted. Run IOS236-v5-Mod first to install IOS36 into IOS236. Come back out the run Multi-Mod Manager and select WAD Manager and install all wads in that folder. Instructions are shown on what keys to press at the bottom. I said in the PM ModMii only adds 2 d2x v8.0 wads so install the full pack from the link I gave you. You can post a new sysCheck report afterward using the same method as before?

We are talking about the options in ModMii not the Wii.

Sposa,
    That method was no simpler than the PM I sent you, plus I sent you extra details about USB Loader and PriiLoader.

If you don't have a web connection so that any of the USB Loaders can download the game pictures automatically there are sites like Wii Boxart. Each Wii game has an ID number

e.g.

Call of Duty: Black OPS - NTSC - SC7E52

If you search for SC7E52 that will show the NTSC version of Call of Duty: Black OPS. Click on the yellow magnifing glass to show all pictures. Click on the first one and that will open in another windows. Right-click on the picture and select Save Picture As and find a location. Now all the game pictures are the same filename e.g. SC7E52.png so save each one in a different sub folder, Full, 2D, 3D and Disc.

You your using USB Loader GX 2.3 there will be a config\images folder on the SD card. The ?D pics go into the images folder the 2D go into the 2D folder. The full pics go into the Full folder and the Disc pics go where?

You can search for the game name if your not sure what the ID is. If you search for Call of Duty that will show 23 different games with their different format PAL or NTFS. If you don't know which format you have then USB Loader GX will tell you if you click on the 5th icon along the top and scroll down all names the format will be shown above the picture but you don't have any so it will be a ? mark picture. This is a very slow way to add pictures but its the only way if your Wii doesn't have a web connection. You will also find that this boxart site doesn't have all pictures. In fact I've uploaded picture to that site that are missing.

Don't you have a router for you home computers? Its very easy to set the Wii up as a WiFi connection then you won't need to download every game picture.

I hope you understand what I told you before and explained in more detail now?
    Keith

Wii 4.3E, USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure if I have given thanks to Keith and everyone who helped me softmoding my wii. Finally, I'm enjoying my wii playing few downloaded games. Keith, your process is also a piece of cake except that minor thing that I was not sure.

BTW, any idea why on some games I can't return to "Home" by pressing "home" button? I have to turn off and on again to get back to the home screen of the wii.

Thanks again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

You need to post a new sysCheck now you've installed more wads.

Which USB Loader are you using GX? All my USB Loaders drop back to the Wii menu. I'm sure you can change where it drops back to in the their own settings.
    Last edited by Keithuk; 15th October, 2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Update
    Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This problem was plaguing me as well. Good thing I found this forum! Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Keith,

I'm using the same USB Loader version that you had mentioned in PM i.e. USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip . I have attached my new sysCheck.csv as you had requested.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Mapleleaf71
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

I've just tried to open sysCheck.zip but it says its corrupt, this does happen sometimes. Can't you post the results as instructed in that link?

If you don't have Excel on your computer you can use WordPad to open it and copy and paste the contents into a thread in here when asked.
    Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've just tried to open sysCheck.zip but it says its corrupt, this does happen sometimes. Can't you post the results as instructed in that link?
    Here is that report:
    sysCheck v2.1.0b17 by Double_A and R2-D2199
    ...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
    System Menu 4.3U (v513)
    Priiloader installed
    Drive date: 2008.12.18
    Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS58
    Hollywood v0x21
    Console ID: 142975603
    Boot2 v4
    Found 96 titles.
    Found 54 IOS on this console. 5 of them are stub.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
    IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
    IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
    IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
    IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
    IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
    IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
    IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
    IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
    IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
    IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
    IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
    IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
    IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
    IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
    IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
    IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
    IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
    IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
    IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
    IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
    IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
    IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
    IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
    IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
    IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
    IOS202[60] (rev 65535 Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS222[38] (rev 4 Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS223[38+37] (rev 4 Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS224[57] (rev 65535 Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS236[36] (rev 65535 Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
    IOS245[37] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS246[38] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
    IOS247[53] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS248[55] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS249[56] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS250[57] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS251[58] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
    BC v6
    MIOS v10

Report generated on 2012/10/15.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

That sysCheck looks ok its exactly the same as mine.

So did you find out why it wasn't leaving the sysCheck.csv on the root of the SD card?

So is everything working as it should do now?
    Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Keith
    Please check my answer inline:
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    That sysCheck looks ok its exactly the same as mine.

So did you find out why it wasn't leaving the sysCheck.csv on the root of the SD card?
    [maple] No. Going back to Wii "Home" where all the channels are listed means leaving the sysCheck.csv on the root of the SD card?

So is everything working as it should do now?
    [maple] No, I can play all my downloaded games but some games allows me to go back to Wii's home menu and some don't. Wish I could get some help on this.

Golf GTD (170) 2010, 5 Door
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Process above work for all 4.3E systems?

Morning All,

If I follow Sposa03's link and process, should this work? Or, does it require someone to explicitly look through my syscheck file to find a solution? I am on 4.3E.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Welcome to DK Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by MHeptonstall View Post

If I follow Sposa03's link and process, should this work? Or, does it require someone to explicitly look through my syscheck file to find a solution? I am on 4.3E.
    Not really all that Sposa03's link does is tell you how to add the older USB Loader GX 2.3 r1128 and d2x v7 to the SD card.

Your better of following the HH post #12 underneath or that one or my post #14.

By all means post a sysCheck report ar instructed in that link. You'll be the second one to do that in this thread when I've asked others to do this.

The reason I ask for a sysCheck report is I don't know the users that ask for help on here so I don't know what they have tried to install. A sysCheck is like a blue print of their Wii.

Plus you will need the sysCheck.csv file if you're going to use the SU option in ModMii as suggested.
    Last edited by Keithuk; 21st October, 2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Update
    Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Thanks!

Many thanks Keith,

Followed the full process you posted and success! Also had to use pimpmywii to get EA Active fit 2 running from external drive.

Is there any way to get rid of the 'update system' icon inplace of the disc icon, as I'd like to actually run from disc then we can fit two USB controllers (system us sufficiently updated as can play from hard drive back up)

Thanks again for a very concise and simple process!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast