Register
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hola didnt work for me i got geoblocked so i i dont want to risk losing the account so signed up to a cheap 3rd party till i can find a working dns/vpn service or overplay get it sorted which im hopeful they will....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

If you are using Hola you need to run it off Chrome really, click on the fire icon in the top right of the address bar, let it load then select Egypt

Hola.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Smart dns is working again with al jaz, but now we won't know till next week if it was just a genuine problem with overplays servers today or something al jaz did to try to stop smart dns working during prem league games!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fitz39 View Post
    Smart dns is working again with al jaz, but now we won't know till next week if it was just a genuine problem with overplays servers today or something al jaz did to try to stop smart dns working during prem league games!!
    I am going to email them and as what reassurance they are going to give me that it is going to work next Saturday as they have had problems every week. May be we should all ask the question to put some pressure on them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ITS A SCAM ! View Post
    Overplay better get this fixed ... my subscription is up for renewal next month, and it will be cancelled if its not fixed. Good job I am a season ticket holder and we play at home today....
    yes! thank goodness for out little credit card season ticket LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theobserver View Post
    I am going to email them and as what reassurance they are going to give me that it is going to work next Saturday as they have had problems every week. May be we should all ask the question to put some pressure on them?
    Here is the transcript from my chat with support. Not much help or reassurance!!!
    32 Your Question: As you are probably aware there was a problem using smart dns with al jazera sports today. Was it a problem with your servers or did al jazera somehow block the use of smart dns.
    19:32 Please wait, an operator will be with you shortly.
    19:33 You are now chatting with Eric Miller (Support) - General
    19:33 Eric Miller: Hello. Welcome to OverPlay.
    19:33 Michael Fitzmaurice: Hi
    19:33 Eric Miller: We apologize for any inconvenience that has caused.
    19:33 Eric Miller: We are facing some technical issues with Al Jazeera Sport website.
    19:33 Eric Miller: It seems Al Jazeera Sport upgraded their website from their end, At present aljazeerasport isn't supported with our SmartDNS service.
    19:34 Eric Miller: Our Level 2 team is currently working on this issue, We***8217;re hoping to have it back up and running at the earliest.
    19:34 Michael Fitzmaurice: It is working again at the moment
    19:35 Eric Miller: Great! We are waiting for a confirmation from our clients.
    19:35 Eric Miller: Are you able to access the websites now with our SmartDNS service at the moment?
    19:35 Michael Fitzmaurice: Were you aware that it was working again?
    19:36 Michael Fitzmaurice: Yes
    19:36 Michael Fitzmaurice: Via my ipad I haven't tried my pc
    19:37 Eric Miller: Glad, it***8217;s working fine now on your iPad, please try on your PC and see if that working fine for you.
    19:38 Michael Fitzmaurice: Just starting pc now
    19:41 Michael Fitzmaurice: Bear with me my pc is starting up slower than your Egypt VPN service
    19:42 Eric Miller: Sure.
    19:45 Michael Fitzmaurice: No it's still showing as geo blocked
    19:46 Eric Miller: Could you please login to your OverPlay account, click on "SmartDNS" tab to re-activate the SmartDNS service for your IP address at: http://overplay.net/s
    19:48 Eric Miller: Once done, please open a new web browser, clear your web browser cache and cookies then retry accessing the website and see if that works fine for you.
    19:51 Michael Fitzmaurice: Yes it's fine now the dns details had gone
    19:53 Eric Miller: Glad, it***8217;s working fine now.
    19:54 Michael Fitzmaurice: Do you think this is something al jazera had deliberately done on a premier league day or just an update to their servers that somehow temporarily stopped smart dns working?
    19:58 Eric Miller: We don't have any exact information regarding what they did from their end, However we can restore the access to the website.
    19:59 Michael Fitzmaurice: Ok, we'll thanks for your time I guess we shall have to wait till next Saturday. Bye.
    19:59 Eric Miller: You're welcome!
    19:59 Eric Miller: We really do appreciate this feedback.
    19:59 Eric Miller: Is there anything else, I may assist you with?
    Support Center: https://support.overplay.net/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fitz39 For This Useful Post:

theobserver (14th September, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What they keep doing is leaving the issue until after peak footy time on a Saturday and then saying! Hello, can you please confirm that you are now working! Well Sherlock of course it is working as it is now 8pm! LOL

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

yep they gone for me overplay ..def question guys do you think jsc server is just clogged up and just cant handle lots of people connecting ..is there to many people doing this now .
    dreambox 800 tech 500 ( ubuntu 10 .04)... 1 m dish v box 2 acuator ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It seems that nbc now connects via smart dns. You just need to enter the alternative dns server into the appropriate box. It's working for replays so it should work for live

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bit peed off with problems yesterday. When I eventually realised it was overplay causing the balls up, I tried hola. This worked fine but not sure if overplay had sorted itself out by that stage. I am wondering whether to just cancel smart dns and use hola instead but I noticed this warning from Watch JSC guide -- Please note ***8211; Using Hola unblocker instead of Overplay may get you banned due to the nature of how it works so you should stick with smartDNS.

Anyone got any views on this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inthesouk View Post
    Bit peed off with problems yesterday. When I eventually realised it was overplay causing the balls up, I tried hola. This worked fine but not sure if overplay had sorted itself out by that stage. I am wondering whether to just cancel smart dns and use hola instead but I noticed this warning from Watch JSC guide -- Please note ***8211; Using Hola unblocker instead of Overplay may get you banned due to the nature of how it works so you should stick with smartDNS.

Anyone got any views on this?
    mate ive gone for a third party service until this gets sorted there is other dns/vpn providers if overplay cant work out the issue personally i dont trust hola since the start of the season where a post on here said people were getting reported for using it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sols View Post
    mate ive gone for a third party service until this gets sorted there is other dns/vpn providers if overplay cant work out the issue personally i dont trust hola since the start of the season where a post on here said people were getting reported for using it
    Well I'm gonna see how southampton match goes at 4 o clock but seriously looking at alternatives to overplay.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It worked well on that game for me but now it has gone altogether on both Hola and smartDNSl
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthesouk View Post
    Well I'm gonna see how southampton match goes at 4 o clock but seriously looking at alternatives to overplay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by fitz39 View Post
    It seems that nbc now connects via smart dns. You just need to enter the alternative dns server into the appropriate box. It's working for replays so it should work for live
    All the replays can be watched anyhow, you don't even need to sign in, or you didn't. I was watching replays before I even had an NBC account to check the stream quality and didn't have a VPN then, live streaming was different

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THFC View Post
    All the replays can be watched anyhow, you don't even need to sign in, or you didn't. I was watching replays before I even had an NBC account to check the stream quality and didn't have a VPN then, live streaming was different
    Yep, didn't realise that! I did need my VPN for live