Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Genisys OTC blue screen

Hi guys! My OTC Genisys not boot. After pressing the ON-button, it displays a window with copyright and then a blue screen.. I gave the CF-card with firmware to check, she's fine. Ingineer OTC Russia told me that inside should be another CF-card with boot sector at 32 megabytes.Can anybody check this true? Thank you advance
    Last edited by Alexx60rus; 28th September, 2012 at 06:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx60rus View Post
    Hi guys! My OTC Genisys not boot. After pressing the ON-button, it displays a window with copyright and then a blue screen.. I gave the CF-card with firmware to check, she's fine. ***1045;ngineer OTC Russia told me that inside should be another CF-card with boot sector at 32 megabytes.Can anybody check this true? Thank you advance
    Yes inside there is another CF card and if I remember corectly you can you can put the outer CF card in and it will boot from it.
    I would give it a try you have nothing to loose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I bought the unit in this condition. Tried various boot options and formatting. Until me was told about the internal card. In my device this flash lost! Now a new question - how to copy this flash? The same engineer told me that the information is there, in its format.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Anybody can copy the dump from such a card? You can use a Linux "Live System" and the command "dd"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I might be able to help you. I have a disc dump from one of the internal cards but If you properly set up your outer CF card like after and update it reflashes the inner card. Also for a dd to work for you would most likely need to be Same version 2.0, 3.0 Etc. need a little more information. I have update software for 5.0 online I could throw an older version up for you if needed but I need to know which one. That way u can fix your cf card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi! External CF-card with NGIS3.0 1Gb. Internal I bought a new 32 mb. I will be glad for any help! Without external card, but on the internal, it will be boot up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx60rus View Post
    Hi guys! My OTC Genisys not boot. After pressing the ON-button, it displays a window with copyright and then a blue screen.. I gave the CF-card with firmware to check, she's fine. Ingineer OTC Russia told me that inside should be another CF-card with boot sector at 32 megabytes.Can anybody check this true? Thank you advance
    What is the part number of your scan tool? Many tools ship with no internal CF card. The original version tools (including MAC Mentor and such) shipped with a 32MB card inside, and you later had to install a larger external card to upgrade to system 2.0, etc... The newer tools that shipped with System 2.0 or greater generally do not include an internal card in my experience.

The easiest way to fix it would be to get someone else's external card (same size as yours) and do a 1:1 copy... Problem is that the configuration data won't match your tool and the applications may not load - But you can at least verify that your tool is fully functional. Your next step should be to use the PC update software to load the latest update of your OS on a flash card, insert it, and let it run the install scripts. You should be golden from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

How does the scanner without an external card? It will show the "blue screen"? I'm looking for firmware AT49BV4096A-12TC
    Last edited by Alexx60rus; 8th October, 2013 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twrch View Post
    What is the part number of your scan tool?
    BRE42715273
    The newer tools that shipped with System 2.0 or greater generally do not include an internal card in my experience.
    CF wiht 3.0 system ... Anyone can check what would happen if you turn the scanner without an external flash?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The unit Beeps like it normally would during turn-on, and boots to either a blank screen, or does nothing and turns back off. I have two tools and they behave differently. I believe this is because one originally came with an internal flash and one did not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The unit Beeps like it normally would during turn-on, and boots to either a blank screen, or does nothing and turns back off. I have two tools and they behave differently. I believe this is because one originally came with an internal flash and one did not.
    Mine does the same thing.... Does anyone know how to format a new cf card with the proper file system?
    Last edited by agitprop; 13th September, 2015 at 05:19 PM. Reason: no longer relevant

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,830 Posts

If you have the NGIS disk and card reader, try to do an update. Problems and solutions vary depending on OS (2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0) and what scanner you have (black button, red button, EVO)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need an Image of the 5.0 CD, I have found away to get a CF card to work. I ordered a 16GB SimpleTech CF and ran the Update to 4.0 and Behold it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!