Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Problem switching channels with DM500s

Hi,

I've got a DM500s with a 4x1 DiSEqC-switch. When I try to change channel to a channel on a different LNB. The screen just stays black and the signal is at ~60%. When I change back to the channel I were on, it still works perfectly. When I restart the reciever or sometimes just switch channels back and forth the channel starts functioning as it should. But then the other LNB doesn't work, and I have do the same procedure over again.

I suspect that the communication between the receiver and the switch isn't as it should be. So, is there any settings you can change to make the switch work properly so you don't have to restart everytime you change LNB? Or do you know any other way to make this work?

Thanks in advance,

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Welcome to DigitalKaos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manic01 View Post
    Welcome to DigitalKaos.
    Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoK View Post
    You will have to setup your diseqc commands within your satellite config, non-standard user defined configuration.

Set your LNB 0 to whatever sat position you are looking at and the same for 1 to 3.

Highlight the LNB 0 and press OK blue button for next page and make sure diseqc mode is version 1.0 and parameter is A/A

Do same for 1 - 3 and make sure parameter is A/B for 1 A/C for 2 A/D for 3.

Its been a while since I used my 500s so I may have missed a few things there, if so some others may help you (or they will correct me )

JoK
    Thank you for your response

I've followed the DM500s newbie setup guide (basically what you said I should try). But still, the switch seems unresponsive and I have to switch channels back and forth to finally get the signal. Do you think I need another switch? Do you know a switch that works good with the DM500s?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok learn more about the dm so that problem will be solved easily and share on this forum, Thanks