Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Cummins ISB 6.7l

Any one have any luck on deleting the DPF and EGR on this motor. Currently there is a company in the states that will reprogram the ecm for you for a hefty price.
    Im having terrible problems with mine.

I have a 2010 Ford F650 with ISB 6.7l Cummins

Interested in reflashing to and Australian or Mexico programming if that will work.

If someone could share what parameters or so on to delete or edit.

Or if some one knows of another company that will do it cheaper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure which cal will work. You need insite and lead etc incal aand fleet counts to flash a cal from differant engine.

Once all that is sorted when you select the calabration you are using there is an opion to save fetures and parameaters. Click that and once the the ecm has been cal'd the e settings will be put back.

If you need anything just ask

Hope this helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm interested in this info as well. I have the stock file and EFI live software that can flash the ECU, but I do not see the parameters to make those changes. Would insite give me a stock file from another country to work with? My truck is a 2011 2500 with the 11350131AM stock file. I'd also like to be able to tune the truck with EFI Live afterward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There's a place here in MTL QC that offer all the cummins engine deletes, all they need is your ECM, they reprogram with Egr, DPF SCR and VGT delete for about 3500$ CAN

Also comes with plates to block EGR cooler inlet and outlet. you have to remove the DPF , drill a 4" hole, unplug all connectors on emission related sensors and actuators. also need to remove VGT actuator and weld Turbo Vane lever to housing.

our shop has delt with them many times and never had any issues. no more check engines, no more derates, no more regens, no more problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have a deleted Ecm opened up and I am in process of extracting calibration , its a ISL , but once I have the cal saved, I can share it so you can see what has been modified from standard calibration file

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jo880111 For This Useful Post:

hydroshok (6th March, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That would be awesome! The tunes are only $400.00, which I don't mind spending, but you cannot modify or even read them. I like to tinker around and change things so I was hoping to learn how to do that here. I'm waiting on an activation code for Calterm to try that route now.

I don't want to mess with the turbo save for remapping it and making the exhaust brake stronger. I like how the VGT turbos work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I also think they shouldn't mess with the turbo, but since the vanes often seize up (just a bit of coolant going through the exhaust will eventually jam up the vane mechanism), they completely remove the VGT function, and instruct to weld it at a certain position ( on ISX its: install position, move lever back 2 teeth and lock it there) which puts out +/- 40 PSI boost.

but it surely has an effect on Engine brake and fuel mapping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To work without EGR and accessories it is necessary to calibrate industrial motors, the industrial motor is the same but without egr and the characteristics and parameters are reconfigured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Installs an industrial engine calibration similar to the one you have, instead of automotive.