2012 - End Of The World - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpider View Post
    is this a dig at me or a dig at this 2012 rot?
    i wouldnt worry about the world ending in 2012,the comet that is due to pass close by the earth is more likely to hit the earth in2036 due to a prcess called ressinance.

DK Daddy PT
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caveman_nige View Post
    Yup i must rush out and get my affairs in order, make sure my will is up to date etc... If people wanna sit around waiting for the end of the world then fine, they can go an barracade themselves into a cave waiting for the 'big day', what a laugh that must be.. Then when it (the end of the world) does not happen and they did not takle part in the group suicide pact and they see the sun come up for another day, then another, then another, they surely must then feel like they got played..

If i met one of these people i am not sure whether i would just laugh at them or slap them first.

A mere selection of 'end of the world' loons to make it famous.

BBC NEWS | Europe | Waiting for Armageddon

BBC News | AFRICA | Uganda cult arrest warrants issued

BBC News | AFRICA | When devotion means death

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Rise of Japanese cults

BBC

News | UK | Apocalypse now, or never?

hmm your the only one i know that lives in a cave nige can i pop round ... just in case

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gmb45 View Post
    but thinking again, nostradamus i think it was predicted the war to end all wars will start in the middle east, look whats happening there now !
    a war to end all wars?
    this is a war on terror. a faceless enemy. it's a war that can't end. it will drag and drag until america have got everything they can take
    Syntax Error : Integer Out Of Range

Hooray For Tits & Fannies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wonder what odds I could get on the world ending 2012? Might be worth a flutter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gmb45 View Post
    but thinking again, Nostradamus i think it was predicted the war to end all wars will start in the middle east, look whats happening there now !
    I remember in the 90's when the everyone was saying Nostradamas predicted the end of the world in 1999. Didn't happen then (Unless Im in hell right now!!!).

As Nostradamus predictions go well beyond 2012 Im not worried as how could he predict the end of the world in 2012 when his other predictions go much further into the future!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think its just a farmer having a problem with his harvester.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nostradamus predicted that there would be a cataclysm around 2036

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by philgeespaintbrush View Post
    Wonder what odds I could get on the world ending 2012? Might be worth a flutter
    what would you spend your winnings on if it does end?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

the concern is that the sun is about to align with the centre of the galaxy. the mayans believed that this happened once in every 5125 years and that, when it did, the sun receives a kind of charge which causes it to shine more intensely and produce what we call solar flares. Scientists are expecting a massive increase in solar activity in 2012.
    it could all be a coincidence that ancient mayan predictions match up with modern science. we can only wait and see.
    i saw a documentary which theorised that the worse case scenario for the impending doom would not be noticed immediately but happen over an undefined period of time. the prediction is for floods and famines. the first people to be affected by this would be those of third world nations. eventually it would become global.
    imagine how that would affect the global community. we're not exactly going to willing to share resources.
    population will fall dramatically by the time that things start to calm down. something like 7 billion down to 1 billion. victims of disease, starvation and war.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where on earth would the best place to be at the time? Is there anywhere that would be relatively safe? Might as well start making preparations now dont you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On a 3 day week now and frittering my hard earned away in the boozer most nights , i predict the end of my liver by mid 2010 , bollocks to it !

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Yawn.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Did not Mayan Civilization leave there citys and homes fearing the Spanish envasion never to return ? leaving behind every thing they had built up over hundreds of years ?

I think they had more on there minds than predicting a far off End of the World and been so kind as giving us the time and date of such a prediction.

The end of the World came for them quite a bit earler than 2012

They were fantastic people all the same even to leave a Computer simulation from a old 386 for us to have a look at !

Anyway I wont be standing on any mountain in the pissing rain waiting for it, Im sure Liverpool are playing Champions league that evening

Good Program
    http://video.google.co.uk/videosearc...b=0&aq=-1&oq=#
    Final Regards:
    Alun
    Last edited by alunfennell; 3rd March, 2009 at 03:18 AM.
    **The Worlds Best Interactive F1 Strategy Game**

gmb45

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpider View Post
    the concern is that the sun is about to align with the centre of the galaxy. the mayans believed that this happened once in every 5125 years and that, when it did, the sun receives a kind of charge which causes it to shine more intensely and produce what we call solar flares. Scientists are expecting a massive increase in solar activity in 2012.
    it could all be a coincidence that ancient mayan predictions match up with modern science. we can only wait and see.
    i saw a documentary which theorised that the worse case scenario for the impending doom would not be noticed immediately but happen over an undefined period of time. the prediction is for floods and famines. the first people to be affected by this would be those of third world nations. eventually it would become global.
    imagine how that would affect the global community. we're not exactly going to willing to share resources.
    population will fall dramatically by the time that things start to calm down. something like 7 billion down to 1 billion. victims of disease, starvation and war.
    well there will be plenty of jobs available then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caveman_nige View Post
    all complete bollocks as usual....
    Good to see healthy debate at work here!!!!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast