Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Galletto and EDC17

Hi all,

My galletto is working fine, already did some EDC17 (one BMW and one VAG) without protection. I work only in bootmode, to be safe.

Last week I tried with a 2012 Mini Countryman 2.0D , it didn't read because of the ecu protection. So I tried Tprot, but "Error ADDR".

So my question is: is there a limit for the EDC17? Does the TPROT protocol needs to be up-to-date to unlock the 2012 protected ecus?

I found a new 2012 FGtech Tricore Boot manual on the net, and there are two interesting things:

-They say that if the Tprot doesn't work, to try the protocol via OBD with the ecu on the car. Maybe that's why it didn't read the Mini?!?

-There are a lot of new ecus and pinout! If the ecu has a processor listed on my v48 SW, and i have the pinout and boot pin, can I read and write that ecu?!? So the question is the same as before: what's the limit for these ecus? The Year and month of the v48 SW release?

Hope that's a good question, that can help other people too, because it's my opinion that these Bosch ecus are now the most interesting and are used on a lot f cars!

Thankyou!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Newer ECU's won't work with clone. Protocols are updated. New ECU's have password protected bootloader that is read over OBD for example.
    Pro VAG Petrol Tuning | Pro DPF Removal | MED17 TPRot Removal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ok,

so with the clone the last ecu that we can do are those from year 2011?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J_amb_o View Post
    Newer ECU's won't work with clone. Protocols are updated. New ECU's have password protected bootloader that is read over OBD for example.
    Hello,
    I think that's not just a clone problem.
    I had the same problem few months ago with a EDC17 BMW using CMD, i cannot read it the ecu kicked me out, so i tried to use FG using tool prot but the result was the same.
    I think they did not have che key to entry; honestly i don't know yet =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll try with the original Galletto...