Register

Thread: Protek Newcamd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Protek Newcamd

Afternoon,

I have the Protek 9600. I have put the software of S/W 1.30.8 and K89. The bootloader is 1.34.

I have bought a newcamd pay server of 3 months for Hotbird and Astra 19 east and have put in the username, password and port numbers etc.

However, the picture takes a very long time to come up and always freezes. But sometimes its fine and sometimes some channels are ok but others not. And sometimes all the channels aren't working.

Thank you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for all your help.

I tested this on a new server and it worked 100% well with no freezes at all. The reason it worked with the other server is because it had an IP number.

I would recommend all of you when finding a server, make sure it gives you an IP number for Protek, linksat, nanoxx, maxx1000.

Thank you
    Last edited by brawa; 2nd January, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that you may find you have a bad server and that is causing all the freezing, suggest you get a test line from somewhere else and try that one, also just be careful about what you say as cs talk is a big no no here.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dub12Dave View Post
    I think that you may find you have a bad server and that is causing all the freezing, suggest you get a test line from somewhere else and try that one, also just be careful about what you say as cs talk is a big no no here.

No i think you may find that it is actually a problem with the 9600 and its stability running MGcamd, I know MDT has one of these and has done numerous tests with different firmwares and could never get his 9600 to run stable.

to the OP i would wait for mdt to come online he will be able to assist you further and give you a rundown on the problems he encountered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think following the recent withdrawl of support/updates for this box, this question may be asked quite a few more times yet.

Shame really, that so many people have been just been left with a free to air receiver.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barryt View Post
    I think following the recent withdrawl of support/updates for this box, this question may be asked quite a few more times yet.

Shame really, that so many people have been just been left with a free to air receiver.

Yes quite correct but some who bought from the very start have at least maybe 3-4 years use out of it which is pretty good considering

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barryt View Post

the support offered by the dark forces has been second to none and the channels the protek 9600ip has provided over 5+ years has been fantastic while others have fallen by the wayside. at ?139 for 9600ip even if you got 12 months was still a good investment. as for using newcamd ive found it useless but others are using it, also when the box was first released it used newcamd instead of the procamd that they used in the last 4 years. solution is get another protek.. 9710hd can be got for around ?200 or get a linux box, viewing card and do the work yourself.regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you very much for all your help.

I tested this on a new server and it worked 100% well with no freezes at all. The reason it worked with the other server is because it had an IP number.

I would recommend all of you when finding a server, make sure it gives you an IP number for Protek, linksat, nanoxx, maxx1000.

Thank you
    Last edited by brawa; 2nd January, 2013 at 11:06 AM.