Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Default Phsychics, Mediums and Faith healers

Anybody actually believe in these im getting sick of listenening to people say they went to see somebody who told them all sorts they couldnt possibly know.

I went to one myself she told me she could see a little dog in a kitchen. The person likes chips and prefers Jam doughnuts to plain

I suppose that covers most of the population

She also said i had a gift for seeing spirits and i should learn to use it.

I would like to point out that this woman is now dead and guess what i dreamed it on the day she died. I told my wife on the morning and we found out the next day she was dead spooky huh

I would also like to point out i do not believe i have powers and i believe nobody else does either. I also believe that these people are the lowest scum on earth who pray on vunerable people who have lost loved ones. Spouting vile lies in exchange for cash.

If anyone disagree's or believes they have found a real one ask them to give James Randi foundation a call they will pay a million for a correct reading.

Would be a welcome gift for anyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

I'm inclined to agree with you on that one...it is true that most,if not all of these 'people' pray on the conscience of vulnerable folk at a time when they need hope and support the most...if it was such a 'gift'...why charge them for it?...so much for helping your fellow man along eh...balls!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mookie View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you on that one...it is true that most,if not all of these 'people' pray on the conscience of vulnerable folk at a time when they need hope and support the most...if it was such a 'gift'...why charge them for it?...so much for helping your fellow man along eh...balls!
    There is such a massive amount of out brain we dont use nor know what it might be able to do.
    I just can't totally discount the possibility such things might be possible.

I've visited one, and its true they turned out to be a shyster.
    I could follow the line of questioning and see where the statements come from.
    Yet the woman with me, at the time an executive of the Jessops Photo chain (and no fool believable me) swallowed the whole thing????? something she never did for me,

I have to balance that with an experience i had in the early 80's

a guy came in to the shop, with his carer (too long ago to remember his syndrome) and made frighteningly factual statements about all the members of staff there.
    yet neither he, or his carer, had ever met us or even visited the shop before that day.

still I am sure most of these, if not all, are "on the take".
    perhaps best illustrated by the nationally covered story of the medium who cancelled her meetings due to "unforeseen circumstances".

Firemouth rules for life.
    If it aint broke, don't fix it!
    If its broke, fix it and use it again!
    If it proper broke, use it for something else!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firemouth View Post
    There is such a massive amount of out brain we dont use nor know what it might be able to do.
    I just can't totally discount the possibility such things might be possible.

I've visited one, and its true they turned out to be a shyster.
    I could follow the line of questioning and see where the statements come from.
    Yet the woman with me, at the time an executive of the Jessops Photo chain (and no fool believable me) swallowed the whole thing????? something she never did for me,

I have to balance that with an experience i had in the early 80's

a guy came in to the shop, with his carer (too long ago to remember his syndrome) and made frighteningly factual statements about all the members of staff there.
    yet neither he, or his carer, had ever met us or even visited the shop before that day.

still I am sure most of these, if not all, are "on the take".
    perhaps best illustrated by the nationally covered story of the medium who cancelled her meetings due to "unforeseen circumstances".
    Derren brown can tell you how its done

Cold reading its an art of changing the platform to suit

I see a lady she likes to sew? no did she sew something for you? no, She must be telling me you have something that needs sewing? no Ok this message is very strong when you go home check everything you will find it somewhere or with some family member

Positive reading for everyone they even tell you that the messages may come accross as confusing and sometimes they interpret it wrong

Barnum statements are the usual way of talking by basically giving you both answers

You can come across as pretty confident but inside at times you feel shy and withdrawn

You are independant but at times feel lonely and secluded

Basically all contadictory statements that apply to almost everyone.

This next statement was given as a test to psycology students and they all marked its score from 1-5 (5 being most accurate). They were all told it was a statement about each individuals personality.

They all got the same paper (not individual) and the scores that came back were 4.26 out of 5 roughly 85%

Not bad for the same statements.

Barnum was a circus master hoaxer and scam artist who debunked so called mediums.

***8220; You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Your sexual adjustment has presented problems for you. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life."

Great he read my mind

The other thing to remember is that a lot of people who go to see them talk pure BS if they get a good reading

They forget the twenty misses then go home wondeing who this strange fella called bob was asking all the family until bingo somebodys next door neighbour was bob.

As for a hot read prior knowledge is a certainty look at peter popov

Mediums are skilled at what they do they lie, they take your nods and answers as their own, any wrongs are your fault for not knowing and if they are really struggling they tell you to go home and have a think
    Last edited by thered; 7th February, 2013 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

No no they were not predictions.
    just statements regarding thing in our lives.

He told one co worker, Tom, the hospital he was born in.
    Now Tom didn't actually know, so he phoned his mum and found out.
    The guy was right.
    Tom was a real Eastender and we were on the Finchley road, but he was born in Manchester.

Mine was more cryptic, "you shouldn't fight so much".
    At the time my partner had a drink problem. but instead of trying to help her, like a child i used to chide her about it.
    this cause hell wrath earthshaking rows

one such row, in my flats car park, had attracted two chivalrous gentlemen, who pointed out "you shouldn't talk to her like that".
    So i didn't, i set about them instead, but physically not verbally.

Ps
    who ever said facing your past is cathartic?
    well, they're effin wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Ok, on Monday the missus and her mate had a booking with a medium at our house.. i got up and answered the door to him, said allreet and let him in, he went into the kitchen and i went into the living room and made like a potato on the couch..
    Now i am a sceptic, but i can't get my head around alot of the stuff he told her about, alot of truthful & personal things that no one especially someone we never met before could know about..
    For instance... in his opening speech to the missus he said 'the bloke in the front room' (that'll be me) ''i know i'm not doing a reading for him, but there is a woman wants to be known.. she is with him all the time.... it is his mums mum' (my nan).. he then named her correctly.

Lucky guess??? What are the chances?

He then spoke to her about her father, i won't go into detail about that as it is her personal stuff.. but lets just say all of it made sense without having to try and guess what he was on about..

He left after about 1 n half hours and wouldn't take any money, as he felt he hadn't been able to do a good enough job as her father wouldn't let anyone else speak, sounds about right.
    If it isn't broke, don't try fixin it..!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i dont know how old you are darcus, but chances are it was a guess, hes well within the realms of probability when he indicated your nan was dead.
    And regards the spiel about her father, thered mentioned that Derren Brown can do all this, and regards the refusal of payment? Well now he has your mrs and you believing him, he'll be playing the odds on a chance of a return booking now.I bet hes also relying on the word of mouth from your mrs to bring him in a lot more business
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I said same thing about her not paying would be so she'll spread the word and get a few bookings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darcu5 View Post
    I said same thing about her not paying would be so she'll spread the word and get a few bookings.
    Im not casting doubt here but i bet there were also numerous things that made no sense

or you completely forgot about because people only concentrate on the correct

Its basic fishing most people can do it if they tried, you just need to change instantly if you sense no response and change tact again

Have you never thought that a medium can actually check births and deaths telephone books and voting register before they visit a person?? In fact its very common

If they are visiting a person they would see what they could find, they may even know the person or have friends who know them

Ask yourself this if your dead relative was really there and could speak why do the say nothing of note, like i left some money buried in garden or i have a secret bank account

instead of saying they are proud and love you very much or similar

IS Paul Daniels magic????

Can he fool you? Yes of course

Some of the worlds greatest magicians despise mediums because they can all do the same thing they know how its done

They do it for entertainment though, to pretend to to be talking to your dead mother is well just plain sick tbh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

No no they were not predictions.
    just statements regarding thing in our lives.

He told one co worker, Tom, the hospital he was born in.
    Now Tom didn't actually know, so he phoned his mum and found out.
    The guy was right.
    Tom was a real Eastender and we were on the Finchley road, but he was born in Manchester.

Mine was more cryptic, "you shouldn't fight so much".
    At the time my partner had a drink problem. but instead of trying to help her, like a child i used to chide her about it.
    this cause hell wrath earthshaking rows

one such row, in my flats car park, had attracted two chivalrous gentlemen, who pointed out "you shouldn't talk to her like that".
    So i didn't, i set about them instead, but physically not verbally.

Ps
    who ever said facing your past is cathartic?
    well, they're effin wrong.
    You shouldnt fight so much is one of the most common terms used by mediums

It can mean anything everyone argues whether it be parents wife or at the kids there is not a person who could not find meaning in those words

Thats my point they let YOU put it together but say very little about it.

If they had special powers they could give you the time the date it happened what you were wearing and did you really need to hit her with a shovel

Regards the hospital thing i dont know because you do not know a person does not mean they know nothing about you, but i can guarantee he had no special powers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Good video this gives you an idea how they operate

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4qGfNViVN8]BBC 3 Bullsh!t detectors exposes three mediums - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

That's probs why there is a 4 to 6 month waiting list, give them plenty of time to find out as much as possible.. what with face**** and family tree sites it would be simple to find a few things to go off and work it from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Just found this from this morning with magician paul zenon he is boiling

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psBCgJhQDVQ]Are All Psychics Fake? 'Medium' Leigh Catherine agrees to take the $1M Randi Challenge - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by thered; 9th February, 2013 at 12:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thered View Post
    You shouldnt fight so much is one of the most common terms used by mediums

It can mean anything everyone argues whether it be parents wife or at the kids there is not a person who could not find meaning in those words

Thats my point they let YOU put it together but say very little about it.

If they had special powers they could give you the time the date it happened what you were wearing and did you really need to hit her with a shovel

Regards the hospital thing i dont know because you do not know a person does not mean they know nothing about you, but i can guarantee he had no special powers
    I'm not sure they are, or would be called, Special powers.
    More the human brains innate powers.

Though I'm far from sure of that, but I remain open minded it may be a possibility.

The brain is an extraordinary organ, capable of extraordinary feats.
    Yet even so we only use a portion of it.

I do believable that the only section for the "paranormal" that will turn out to be true.
    Is the power of the human brain.
    and indeed may well turn out to be the basis to many of the sections we have now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

I'm not sure they are, or would be called, Special powers.
    More the human brains innate powers.

Though I'm far from sure of that, but I remain open minded it may be a possibility.

The brain is an extraordinary organ, capable of extraordinary feats.
    Yet even so we only use a portion of it.

I do believable that the only section for the "paranormal" that will turn out to be true.
    Is the power of the human brain.
    and indeed may well turn out to be the basis to many of the sections we have now.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one it doesnt matter how much power the brain has it cannot summon the dead for a chat

and even if it could why so much trivial information

for instance why do they come out and tell you how they died

i can see trouble breathing, like gasping for air, was it his chest no maybe his heart, no wel im getting something maybe just a bit lower than chest pretty much covers 95% of deaths

I want real answers not stuff they guess

i want to know what there doing now, is it good, do they have pals, is there slide and swings, what do they eat, do they eat, where do they go on a night, where do they hang during the day, do they just hang about waiting to be called?? do they still have sex?? do they watch me have sex,do they live in the sky, do they live underground??, can they look in ladies changing rooms

if they can talk to the dead i can walk to the moon
    Last edited by thered; 9th February, 2013 at 01:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast