Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Soul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    ok einstein said that.. and as proved from the god thread, i firmly believe in science over religion, but the fact remains that our bodies are full of electrical energy.. and Einstein himself said that energy cannot be created or destroyed, so he would agree that the electrical energy in our bodies MUST go somewhere.

Now theoretically as our brains rely on electrical impulses to work, then the electrical energy that leaves our bodies after death could affect other peoples brains.
    Im not saying i know how and im not saying im right, its a theory but it does tie in with peoples tales of seeing ghosts when they say either /and/or "the hairs on the back of my neck stood up", "i felt a chill", "the lights started flickering".
    All of those statements can be attributed to electrical impulses. we can surely agree on that part at least?

And we can agree that our brains run on electrical impulses?

So.. as our brains run on electric, we die.. that electric HAS to go somewhere.. so it floats about the ether for a bit.. maybe it needs a bit of time to charge up enough with other static electricity in the air i dunno? But most ghost stories are on dark and stormy nights WITH LIGHTNING!!! So anyway.. this electric then absorbs into a persons brain somehow.. and the impulses it creates make them believe they can see a ghost or feel a ghost or whatever.. the other affects listed above lights flickering etc.. compound this feeling..

thats my theory anyway.. you dont agree and thats fine, and id be very interested in hearing other peoples theories on what happens to the energy that leaves our bodies after death.

maybe lightning is dead peoples brains?

dunno if this helps apparantly bowels empty on death

the 26 stages of death

This could incur weight loss on death

I would concur that people who see ghosts brush past and tales of white light on nearly dying just like drama

or maybe as usually they are in hospital and its bright anyway the light is first thing they notice before opening eyes

but yes i get shivers up spine now and again somebody walking on me grave but im not usually sat in hospital when it happens

That seems to be adrenalin rush sometimes to a negative sometimes to a positive music or sex can create same thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I'd counter there is a difference between energy and potential energy.
    as thered pointed out there is massive potential energy in every gram of matter.

but potential energy can be passed on by something eating matter.
    the vast majority of a bodies potential energy is transferred this way.
    the energy then being used as fuel by the eater and by those who eat the eater.

active energy (for want of a better phrase) in our bodies, could well be accounted for as heat leaves our bodies on death.

Firemouth rules for life.
    If it aint broke, don't fix it!
    If its broke, fix it and use it again!
    If it proper broke, use it for something else!

Hiding out in the rain forests of Bolivia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

a scientist named MacDougall weighed a number of people as they where dying and found that they lost 21 grams

soul = 21 grams

there are doubt as to the validity of the study

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pickledfrog View Post
    a scientist named MacDougall weighed a number of people as they where dying and found that they lost 21 grams

soul = 21 grams

i seen that great stuff he was fired from his job he went to hospitals old folks homes asylums etc. pity the church was on his side that was his downfall .. but even they ffed him out but at that time the used electric shock therapy if u seen a ghost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pickledfrog View Post

soul = 21 grams

21 grams is a pretty heavy soul

i cannot imagine it floating away, if i were to put 21 grams of somethiing on a table the only thing that would move it is a big gust of wind

I dont think weight has any relevance on soul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

hi red

this lad had waterproof stuff so that weight wouldn't matter under the person before they died the body lost that weight upon death ??

it has been ignored for years as a study because of family state religion etc.. might be a useless study but worth in the bag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv1 View Post
    hi red

this lad had waterproof stuff so that weight wouldn't matter under the person before they died the body lost that weight upon death ??

it has been ignored for years as a study because of family state religion etc.. might be a useless study but worth in the bag

they lost 21 grams tho that is weight

21 grams cant float away into spirit land or wherever if you threw 21 grams up in the air it would land on the floor

im a tad skeptical

I think if the soul was a real thing that sent ghostly shivers and feeling of cold as it touched people i dont think it would weigh 21 grams

how many grams is a room full of air?

it would need to be lighter than that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

its a mystery m8

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1c1ed72arI]Toyah - It's A Mystery - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

the soul is real but i have piles on mine
    Syntax Error : Integer Out Of Range

Hooray For Tits & Fannies

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Has anyone thought that maybe when the body dies it decomposes and gives off gases that are lighter than air so lifts the body. 21 grams isn't much. It would only take a small amount of hydrogen to lift 21 gram. As the body is made up of a lot of H2O and when the body dies it gives up a lot of electrons which would hold the H2O together. Just send my Nobel Prize now thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy79 View Post
    Has anyone thought that maybe when the body dies it decomposes and gives off gases that are lighter than air so lifts the body. 21 grams isn't much. It would only take a small amount of hydrogen to lift 21 gram. As the body is made up of a lot of H2O and when the body dies it gives up a lot of electrons which would hold the H2O together. Just send my Nobel Prize now thanks.

but wasnt the experiment conducted in a sealed container? so any gasses escaping wouldnt leave the measured area?
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    but wasnt the experiment conducted in a sealed container? so any gasses escaping wouldnt leave the measured area?
    no so that is plauseable

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Maybe the body asbsords the oxygen inside the container making it lighter.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

After a bit of research it turns out that even though the body is dead bacteria in the gut decomposes the body and produces methane gas which has the effect of a balloon making the body lighter. Try weighing yourself on scientific scales before and after having a fart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

want to be a tremor 7 on the Richter scale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast