Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Soul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default The Soul

Somebody mentioned it in thereds god thread, and as i dont want to take that thread off course, i thought id post it here.

Certain people will say that when you die, your soul becomes what we know as ghosts.
    Now we all know that energy cannot be created or destroyed, it simply changes form.
    My theory is that as we are full of electricity, when you die, the static within us discharges and becomes the static electricity we see and feel all around us.. particularly lightning.

Jay Alfred - What is the weight of the human soul ? - Unexplained Mysteries
    It has been shown that the body has a small decrease in mass when we die.. is that the soul leaving the body?

Are souls electric?

Am i talking rubbish?

Discuss please
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

On a different tack... is the electricity that is all around us responsible for changes in brain patterns to make somebody believe in a god?
    Is it responsible for changing brain patterns to make somebody bad or good?

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    Am i talking rubbish?

Discuss please
    Now that's a subject for a whole new thread Shady!

Seriously though...no, I don't personally believe in a soul. I think it's a nice cosy idea that gives people comfort that something of them will remain after death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I don't agree with the common conception that a soul has consciousness but what if the electricity that leaves our bodies when we die is what some call the soul? We know that brains can be affected with electricity, what if this electricity is responsible for changing brain patterns to believe in the everliving soul?

Sent from my telegraph using Morse code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

It has been shown that the body has a small decrease in mass when we die.. is that the soul leaving the body?
    I would imagine that the body loses more and more mass the longer you are dead

is that more souls created or just decay?

Regards souls to ghosts/electricity

Not at all sure but it could help with the energy crisis if channeled in the right direction

As all mediums are liars and cannot talk to the dead, most haunted have never seen a ghost and the fact that the odd ghost may stand in a window or walk along a corridor now and again in a pretend haunted hotel or whatever ( is it haunted ? or do they just pretend for custom?) and do nothig else

I would conclude yes you are talking rubbish

Do i have to prove it now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

On a different tack... is the electricity that is all around us responsible for changes in brain patterns to make somebody believe in a god?
    Is it responsible for changing brain patterns to make somebody bad or good?
    The thought of electric chair might

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I dunno.. I think I might be onto something here..
    1: proven fact : energy cannot be created or destroyed. So the electrickery/ energy from a dead body MUST go somewhere.
    If not into the atmosphere where it hangs around making lightning and static electricity then where?
    Some people say that when they see a ghost their hair stands on end , much like it does with static. I theorise that the electric that dissipates from a dead person is responsible for affecting the brain waves of certain people into believing they have seen a ghost. I also theorise that low level electric shock from the dissipated energy is responsible for the cold feeling often described by people who claim to see a ghost. No proof is required its all theory, what's yours?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Just weigh a fully charged vehicle battery then drain it and let us know the difference. Shi# maybe batteries have souls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

I dunno.. I think I might be onto something here..
    1: proven fact : energy cannot be created or destroyed. So the electrickery/ energy from a dead body MUST go somewhere.
    If not into the atmosphere where it hangs around making lightning and static electricity then where?
    Some people say that when they see a ghost their hair stands on end , much like it does with static. I theorise that the electric that dissipates from a dead person is responsible for affecting the brain waves of certain people into believing they have seen a ghost. I also theorise that low level electric shock from the dissipated energy is responsible for the cold feeling often described by people who claim to see a ghost. No proof is required its all theory, what's yours?

I put lots of energy in my car it soon vanishes than i have to put more energy in to make it move again

with regards a dead body i would imagine bugs and bacteria and worms absorb the energy from a dead body from a cremated body it will fuel the fire and turn into heat

btw what do vegetarian worms eat

Linda Mcartney
    Last edited by thered; 15th February, 2013 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Ah yes but on the link in my first post the experiment gave no time for worms or bugs to eat the electric.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Ah yes but on the link in my first post the experiment gave no time for worms or bugs to eat the electric.

Ok how much weight does body lose?

How much does static electricity weigh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Using einsteins e=mc2

1 gram of matter

is = to

8.9876e+20 ergs

8.9876e+13 joules

0.021481 megatons of TNT

21.481 kilotons of TNT

One gram of matter, or about 20 drops of water, if it were fully converted into electrical energy, would be 25,000,000 kilowatt hours of electrical energy. That is enough energy to power a 100 watt light bulb for 250,000,000 hours or 28,500 years. Recorded history extends only about 12,000 years. At 13p a kilowatt hour, it would cost ?32,500,000 if purchased from a utility company. The energy of that same gram, if released in an explosion, would be equivalent to over 21,000 tons of TNT.

Might do a little more than make the hairs on your neck stand up m8 apparantly hiroshima was only 0.6g grams
    Last edited by thered; 15th February, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

you're not saying we contain that much energy in our bodies ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

you're not saying we contain that much energy in our bodies ?
    Not me m8 albert einstein

seems a little ropey idea but what do i know im not einstein i got a c in english tho

You arguing with Einstein now slippy
    Last edited by thered; 15th February, 2013 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

ok einstein said that.. and as proved from the god thread, i firmly believe in science over religion, but the fact remains that our bodies are full of electrical energy.. and Einstein himself said that energy cannot be created or destroyed, so he would agree that the electrical energy in our bodies MUST go somewhere.

Now theoretically as our brains rely on electrical impulses to work, then the electrical energy that leaves our bodies after death could affect other peoples brains.
    Im not saying i know how and im not saying im right, its a theory but it does tie in with peoples tales of seeing ghosts when they say either /and/or "the hairs on the back of my neck stood up", "i felt a chill", "the lights started flickering".
    All of those statements can be attributed to electrical impulses. we can surely agree on that part at least?

And we can agree that our brains run on electrical impulses?

So.. as our brains run on electric, we die.. that electric HAS to go somewhere.. so it floats about the ether for a bit.. maybe it needs a bit of time to charge up enough with other static electricity in the air i dunno? But most ghost stories are on dark and stormy nights WITH LIGHTNING!!! So anyway.. this electric then absorbs into a persons brain somehow.. and the impulses it creates make them believe they can see a ghost or feel a ghost or whatever.. the other affects listed above lights flickering etc.. compound this feeling..

thats my theory anyway.. you dont agree and thats fine, and id be very interested in hearing other peoples theories on what happens to the energy that leaves our bodies after death.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast