Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Amiko alien 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope bought it from here:

Sat-Shop.co.uk - Sat-Shop.co.uk Online Satellite and Electronics Store from Lavatronics

but there other places to purchase them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Guys can we used any USB stick to upgrade or is there a selected make and size, because I'm using a intenso 8gb stick formatted to fat32 using HP Tool and I'm trying to upgrade to yoda image posted a few posts back but all I get is the T10 error message on on the VFD/LED Display when I try to upgrade using the main power / ok button method.

I thought we could just stick the USB in, goto upgrade by USB in menu and hey presto done.

Also do you turn off the subtitles permanently ?, ****ing annoying having to do it everytime I change channels

Thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Guys don't bother, I've brick the box stuck on boot after installing enigma 2 image, tyring to rescue it using putty and null modem lead but putty won't work in windows 7 64bit, does this have to work in 32 bit mode ?.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vorlon2257 View Post
    Guys can we used any USB stick to upgrade or is there a selected make and size, because I'm using a intenso 8gb stick formatted to fat32 using HP Tool and I'm trying to upgrade to yoda image posted a few posts back but all I get is the T10 error message on on the VFD/LED Display when I try to upgrade using the main power / ok button method.

I thought we could just stick the USB in, goto upgrade by USB in menu and hey presto done.

Also do you turn off the subtitles permanently ?, ****ing annoying having to do it everytime I change channels

Thx
    It's easier to update using the e2 upgrade function in Spark, no pressing of buttons on the box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Have already sent the box back to hopefully be fix and up and running again.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Thx
    You can turn it off.

Look for the language option in the menus, then set the subtitle to manual instead of auto

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Have already sent the box back to hopefully be fix and up and running again.
    What was actually wrong with your box for the need to send it back ?

What E2 image were you trying to load ?

It's safer to load when in spark using the E2 upgrade plugin as that's what it's there for.
    Last edited by rigsby71; 4th April, 2013 at 12:40 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I bought a 2nd hand Alien 8900, the guy didn't know much about the thing, but a little reading in the right places, & he could have soon have it running properley.

Anyway, i got it running superbly now.

Too much of this culture today where people expect things to plugin in to the wall & do all the work for them.

I guess it comes from being spoon fed when on cable, well satellite is not like that, so get learning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Box is now back to full working order thanks to the guys at Lavatronics and will be back with me next week. I'm going to stay on the spark firmware for now until I do a lot more reading to make sure I don't make the same mistake's of basically not following the tutorials and jumping ahead 5 steps instead of taking it 1 step at a time.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What image do people find to be better ,Satstation Yoda backup or HDMU ?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fano View Post
    What image do people find to be better ,Satstation Yoda backup or HDMU ?
    Just down to personal choice, no image is any better than the other, it's your config set up that makes the difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me personally the satstation yoda april backup, it works a bloody treat. Epg, cool tv guide, recording channels, hd works, fav button works, epg button is cool tv etc etc.

Is running nice and stable on me box:thumbup: just set your region for autobouquets input your deatails and your away.....

sent from my s3

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by rigsby71 View Post
    Just down to personal choice, no image is any better than the other, it's your config set up that makes the difference.
    No image is better than the other ,I find that hard to believe .From using Dreamboxes in the past there is a big difference in different images in stability .

I tried the HDMU image and it is decent enough ,quite stable but still has a few minor bugs.
    I had to give up on the Satstaion backup.I flashed it to the box but it had a mind of its own ,the remote barely responded and had a huge lag at other times.
    I believe its a tuner config issue but I couldnt resolve it .

The biggest issue with the boxes is the IR receiver for the remote,it is very poor.
    You have to point the remote directly at the receiver and press the buttons quite hard if you are more than a few feet away from the unit.Up close its perfect.
    Its a pity really as the box would be really nice apart from this issue .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Totally agree about the remote it has to be spot on pointing at the receiver!! anyone opened up the box to see if the ir receiver has a god view of the remote? many of the f5 boxes had it pointing down!!

might have a look tomoz...

Quote Originally Posted by Fano View Post
    No image is better than the other ,I find that hard to believe .From using Dreamboxes in the past there is a big difference in different images in stability .

I tried the HDMU image and it is decent enough ,quite stable but still has a few minor bugs.
    I had to give up on the Satstaion backup.I flashed it to the box but it had a mind of its own ,the remote barely responded and had a huge lag at other times.
    I believe its a tuner config issue but I couldnt resolve it .

The biggest issue with the boxes is the IR receiver for the remote,it is very poor.
    You have to point the remote directly at the receiver and press the buttons quite hard if you are more than a few feet away from the unit.Up close its perfect.
    Its a pity really as the box would be really nice apart from this issue .

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Totally agree about the remote it has to be spot on pointing at the receiver!! anyone opened up the box to see if the ir receiver has a god view of the remote? many of the f5 boxes had it pointing down!!

might have a look tomoz...
    Good idea man,I must check it out tomorrow,see if it can be improved.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast