VU + Solo clone safe image
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default VU + Solo clone safe image

Hi,

i have looked over the threads and trying to take it all in. I will receive my solo clone 2moro and looking for a safe image to put on it. I reckon i will be ok flashing an image but not sure about updating bootloader.

I have a DM800SE and a TM800 but 1st time i will have dabbled with this box.

also i thjink i seen somewhere that there are version 2 etc... how would i know which 1 i have?

thanks for looking in and any help greatly appreciated.

Mick

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

if you receive a ferrari clone it would be safe to say it should be either a V3 which should take any uo to date image that is available, depeneding on where you purchased it you could aslo receive a clone of clones so to speak which runs a different chip altogether.

Your best bet would be to try the box as it is when you get it before you start flashing any images onto it, just for piece of mind.

When you get it try it report back here what image it has on it and if you received the IC security update chip and null modem cable in the box, then members will be able to advise you further.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How can you tell the difference between a v1 or v2 clone and a v3 Ferrari? Is a v2 box OK to update or does that also give he error?

Indy

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

V1 or V2 or V3 usually have sticker on the box. He error? Do you mean hw error and are you referring to solo 2 clone? What image are you on? Is it a solo or solo 2?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a solo2 in Feb and I've put VIX image on there, whichever was the latest at that time. I'm pretty sure its a V2 as the V1 couldn't take that image without FPGA update. However, I'm not sure how to tell the difference especially as v3 is out. I'm planning on updating my image but wanted to make sure to use the right one so I don't kill the box.

Thanks

Indy

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

This thread is about the Vu Solo and not the Vu Solo2 as far as i am aware Ferrari have not brought out a solo2 clone as yet all the clones appear to be X-Chip ones and last time i checked its advisable to use an image older than dec 2013 to be on the safe side