Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jodge For This Useful Post:

Ginocar (11th October, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

i have seen one of my friend that can renew some PSA remotes from china without desoldering the NXP and even without opening the key shell, he presses the lock and the unlock buttons of the remote (i dont know how many times and the exact timing) this was taught to him buy a chinese that works in a factory where they clone car remotes. If it's a PSA remote for Peugeot 308 407 508 ... it can renew it after it has been programmed to a car. I asked him how to do it but he kept refusing, and i have many second hand remotes. With OEM i can renew them using some tools but with chinese remotes i can not.

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

Here we talk about older non-flip 2 button remotes with external transponder and this thread has nothing to do with these you mentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hello i am asking about reprograming old remote(s) of Citroen xsara || ?
    also how to read E16-02A or which programmer can read it ?
    Or how to modify the remote data or to virginz the remote to add it back to the Car

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eepromRipper View Post
    Thumbs up mate but Instead of all the stress, just virgin d bsi and it will accept used remotes. I do that daily.
    With your "virgin d bsi" can I let a xsara picasso BSI work with 206 remote key? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there somebody still alive in this thread?

I have a confuse about the theory: Some people around me replaced their chipset of the remote board(motorola 70576228), and the key keep working. my confuse is , where the remote ID is stored? Or another probability is the remote ID is only unique for each remote model ?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ottife View Post
    Is there somebody still alive in this thread?

I have a confuse about the theory: Some people around me replaced their chipset of the remote board(motorola 70576228), and the key keep working. my confuse is , where the remote ID is stored? Or another probability is the remote ID is only unique for each remote model ?
    The remote's ID is in the MCU of remote (motorola 70576228) and the eeprom of BSI also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ginocar View Post
    The remote's ID is in the MCU of remote (motorola 70576228) and the eeprom of BSI also.
    Thanks for reply.
    I mean I know people around me their remote become broken then they replaced the motorola chipset then can work continue.

If the remote ID is stored inside the motorola chip , why they can continue use the remote after replace the chip?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Thanks for reply.
    I mean I know people around me their remote become broken then they replaced the motorola chipset then can work continue.

If the remote ID is stored inside the motorola chip , why they can continue use the remote after replace the chip?
    I think that they replaced the transponder chip only. Motorola mcu has a sw (flash dump). Are they have this dump? Can they read/write this mcu? The ID is different for all remote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that they replaced the transponder chip only. Motorola mcu has a sw (flash dump). Are they have this dump? Can they read/write this mcu? The ID is different for all remote.
    I sure they replaced the motorola chipset 75076228. Because I also purchased one 75078226 for backup but I didn't use it, for the key of my Picasso never broken, and I found my chipset is different , my one is 75078020 , at last I re-sold the chipset to other guy and he told me the fix is successful.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I sure they replaced the motorola chipset 75076228. Because I also purchased one 75078226 for backup but I didn't use it, for the key of my Picasso never broken, and I found my chipset is different , my one is 75078020 , at last I re-sold the chipset to other guy and he told me the fix is successful.
    How could they to learn the remote to car?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How could they to learn the remote to car?
    Seems need to follow a sync process. Like something Push a button for ten more seconds.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Seems need to follow a sync process. Like something Push a button for ten more seconds.
    It is impossible. The PCF7936 include the remote ID. If the PCF7936 and Motorola MCU include different ID then can not to sync the remote to car.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

O, disclose the mystery. I just checked with the guy, he told me if the car was manufactured after 2005 include 206/207/307/C2/Picasso/........ by PSA for China market, then replace chipset , or swap remote boards, just need a simple resync or re-pair by scan tool.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

O, disclose the mystery. I just checked with the guy, he told me if the car was manufactured after 2005 include 206/207/307/C2/Picasso/........ by PSA for China market, then replace chipset , or swap remote boards, just need a simple resync or re-pair by scan tool.
    Wait. Do I understand you well?
    1. He bought a new Motorola mcu.
    2. He soldered the new mcu into the used remote what included an old (used/locked) PCF7936 transponder.
    3. He resyncronized the remote to an other car with a universal scan tool.