Reusing old Peugeot/Citroen remotes type 73373067B,C - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Could Yo paste a link where to buy USB-to-TTL converter based on PIC12F629 ? thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

This is very interesting, I dont mind givin a shot at making the reader. Have a few spare remote fobs to try on

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

I would love to see this happen, you seem to be almost there, keep it up, good work here clever cloggs!!

ninja
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!
    NEVER SAY IT CANT BE DONE!!
    The thanks button works wonders!!
    DONT SEND ME PM'S ASKING FOR OTHER MEMBERS WORK OR PASSWORDS

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

can someone explain this to me please - peugeot/citroen remotes, as we all know cant be re used, so how is it, after virginising a bsi from scrap yard, coding to car with planet, and the original keys and remotes work fine??

I have taken NO DATA from ori bsi, so how does this work when the pcf is locked?

Now I am really confused

ninja
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninja123 View Post
    can someone explain this to me please - peugeot/citroen remotes, as we all know cant be re used, so how is it, after virginising a bsi from scrap yard, coding to car with planet, and the original keys and remotes work fine??

I have taken NO DATA from ori bsi, so how does this work when the pcf is locked?

Now I am really confused

ninja
    logically its either stored else where on car, or possibly unique data from the car is being programmed into the pcf during initial programming

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

but the key data is stored in bsi, i have used one from a scrap yard, i did FF FF in eeprom, fitted and coded - so HOW do these remotes still work???????????????????????????????

ninja
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

but the key data is stored in bsi, i have used one from a scrap yard, i did FF FF in eeprom, fitted and coded - so HOW do these remotes still work???????????????????????????????

ninja
    lets say the unique data lets say vin number is programmed into the pcf during programming and the remote data is stored in the bsi and then you virginise bsi but the data is already written into the pcf with the data needed i.e. vin number etc

or even the pcf could be locked with the unique number and thus allowing unlocking reusing the key.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Here we talk about reusing the remote PCB only not along with pcf. Old pcf is useless, we must use new unlocked one and program it to car with lexia (or some other tools).
    Last edited by mihotd; 1st May, 2013 at 03:40 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kuti View Post
    Could Yo paste a link where to buy USB-to-TTL converter based on PIC12F629 ? thanks
    The guy posted a schematic, but failing that if you are unable to type "usb TTL" into ebay I think this may go way above your head.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

I did not virginise the bsi from this car, it was from a scrap yard, so no way there was any data in bsi relating to the remote key, and the pcf is locked, so does anyone have the explanation of how this works?
    If so, then maybe we can get somewhere here, either there is a way to read the locked pcf or I am at a loss as how this procedure works ???????????????????????????????????

And if you are refering to the vin being used to read the locked pcf, then maybe we should be looking down this route, as we can always write down vin from car in scrap yard where we steal the keys from!!

ninja
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Maybe I have not explained the things good enough. I'll give another try...
    Well, first you get an old key fob, remove PCF from it and throw it to the trash. Then read data from remote (with all boring stuff with 12f629). From that data I will calculate bytes to be stored in NEW (unlocked) pcf7936. Then put this pcf into keyfob and program it in car. This is tested and working on Pug307 (remote type A5).

BSI takes data from pcf user pages during learning sequence, this way bsi knows about remote.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mihotd For This Useful Post:

armpower (2nd May, 2013), bokilee (12th June, 2015), Cesarec (15th December, 2015), Col19 (23rd June, 2021), Faraday (11th March, 2014), instakeys (18th April, 2014), kostovnikola (23rd February, 2014), MACKIE (10th August, 2013), Msmax (19th July, 2019), p1et (17th January, 2023), rayjay (12th May, 2013), Recoder (6th July, 2014), urcarpc (2nd June, 2013), zeljolaki (31st January, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I did not virginise the bsi from this car, it was from a scrap yard, so no way there was any data in bsi relating to the remote key, and the pcf is locked, so does anyone have the explanation of how this works?
    If so, then maybe we can get somewhere here, either there is a way to read the locked pcf or I am at a loss as how this procedure works ???????????????????????????????????

And if you are refering to the vin being used to read the locked pcf, then maybe we should be looking down this route, as we can always write down vin from car in scrap yard where we steal the keys from!!

ninja
    I had the same experience with C2 ( fitting used BSI) , I have successfully program used PCF & remote
    I think that the condition for program used PCF & remote is 4 digit PIN code wich you enter in BSI begining of programming?!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to avtonega For This Useful Post:

Col19 (15th November, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

ninja
    Best thing would be to sniff the data from the transponder during first programming, you would then be able to see what data is written to the pcf.

I suppose setting the password for the pcf whether from VIN or other data from ecu etc would be the easiest way to explain how it can reuse them.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

Im still not convinced!! There must be something to do with the pin code, as this is the only data I used from old bsi to new bsi, I did not program the vin number, and key still programmed - so the vin number is out of the question - so I think the pin has a big part to play here, pin must be written to pcf and used to unlock it or match it?? - ill keep digging...........

I think next time I get a car in to prog a new key, If I get enough time with it, remove bsi and read eeprom before and after.

ninja
    Last edited by ninja123; 3rd May, 2013 at 07:06 AM.
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mihotd View Post
    Maybe I have not explained the things good enough. I'll give another try...
    Well, first you get an old key fob, remove PCF from it and throw it to the trash. Then read data from remote (with all boring stuff with 12f629). From that data I will calculate bytes to be stored in NEW (unlocked) pcf7936. Then put this pcf into keyfob and program it in car. This is tested and working on Pug307 (remote type A5).

BSI takes data from pcf user pages during learning sequence, this way bsi knows about remote.
    Thanks mate, I completely understand you, but im looking at this from a different view, maybe an easier way ???

ninja
    DK- The Bogs Dollocks!!!

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast