Thanked in
    212 Posts

If somebody can give me mihotd's email, please pm me
    Polak, wegier dwa bratanki i do szabli i do szklanki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

you can add used key if know original pin code of key transponder.

Sent from my Tesla TTL7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by albdiag View Post
    Very interesting.
    Trying to play with arduino and rf module. http://arduinobasics.blogspot.al/201...-tutorial.html
    But the algo to convert the rf info to pages for pfc7936 is a problem. without it nothing can be done
    What exactly type MOtorola MCU is inside,any programmer can read/write?
    If yes than with known data can be copied XXX times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevan View Post
    you can add used key if know original pin code of key transponder.

Sent from my Tesla TTL7 using Tapatalk
    Of course only on Virgin BSI

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    486 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevan View Post
    What exactly type MOtorola MCU is inside,any programmer can read/write?
    If yes than with known data can be copied XXX times.
    Motorola hw remote, a member of MC68HC08 with 3v supply and of course with the popular HC08 Security Sequence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My first post on here, looks like a lot of work has gone on, I've read through the thread a few times and wanted to summarize to see if I've understood. Please go easy on me if I get it wrong!

But firstly, I'm not interested in having mihotd's email address.

A couple of definitions:

Remote = a 2 button lock / unlock device such as 73373067c that fits inside the keyfob
    Transponder = The small rf chip (PCF7936AS) that fits inside the keyfob

1, Remotes and Transponders are paired using some of the remote data being encoded into the Transponder
    2, It's possible to pair a new transponder into an old remote by encoding the correct data into the Transponder
    3, Without the pairing, it's not possible to register the keyfob with the car via Lexia key initialisation
    4, The 4 digit Pin code that comes with the car is somehow encoded onto the Transponder as part of the Lexia registration process

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cancunia For This Useful Post:

richardos47 (19th December, 2016)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cancunia View Post
    My first post on here, looks like a lot of work has gone on, I've read through the thread a few times and wanted to summarize to see if I've understood. Please go easy on me if I get it wrong!

But firstly, I'm not interested in having mihotd's email address.

A couple of definitions:

Remote = a 2 button lock / unlock device such as 73373067c that fits inside the keyfob
    Transponder = The small rf chip (PCF7936AS) that fits inside the keyfob

1, Remotes and Transponders are paired using some of the remote data being encoded into the Transponder
    2, It's possible to pair a new transponder into an old remote by encoding the correct data into the Transponder
    3, Without the pairing, it's not possible to register the keyfob with the car via Lexia key initialisation
    4, The 4 digit Pin code that comes with the car is somehow encoded onto the Transponder as part of the Lexia registration process
    Everything you understood good, but 4th thing seems not very clear, maybe Im wrong...

4. The 4 digit Pin code that comes with the car, locking transponder while programming process, with proper pin code of that car you can roll back process and retrieve secret ISK code and unlock that transponder (there is one member here which calculate it very good), than you can read encoded remote bytes, from those bytes you can know for which car is that remote and you can register that remote to other car with those bytes, with that transponder...or you can get proper bytes from encoding RF data, on mihotd's method.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I started looking at this thread to try & understand if / how it's possible to re-use old fobs on different cars, there are so many for sale on various sites that I thought it must either be possible or an enormous scam! I'm thinking that to use an old fob, you must virginize the Transponder so that it just has the original pairing data, probably the easiest way to do that would be by writing data to a new transponder rather than trying to unlock an old one.
    But I also read that you can register a fob to a car using a different method than the official Citroen method:

1. Turn the Ignition switch to accessory position using a key, without the remote attached.
    2. Hold the remote towards the receiver at the front of the vehicle.
    3. Press the large button, then the small button on the remote.
    4. Repeat for second remote key if required.
    5. Turn ignition OFF.
    6. After 5 seconds, remote should now operate.

The above seems to be saying that the car has an active Transponder via the ignition but the Remote is not in the lock. In this case, the Remote cannot possibly be transmitting an id that is matched in the Transponder, but the Transponder would have been originally registered to the car without a Remote. So, perhaps there is a difference in the data between Transponders that are registered with, or without a Remote?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts

I started looking at this thread to try & understand if / how it's possible to re-use old fobs on different cars, there are so many for sale on various sites that I thought it must either be possible or an enormous scam! I'm thinking that to use an old fob, you must virginize the Transponder so that it just has the original pairing data, probably the easiest way to do that would be by writing data to a new transponder rather than trying to unlock an old one.
    But I also read that you can register a fob to a car using a different method than the official Citroen method:

1. Turn the Ignition switch to accessory position using a key, without the remote attached.
    5. Turn ignition OFF.

The above seems to be saying that the car has an active Transponder via the ignition but the Remote is not in the lock. In this case, the Remote cannot possibly be transmitting an id that is matched in the Transponder, but the Transponder would have been originally registered to the car without a Remote. So, perhaps there is a difference in the data between Transponders that are registered with, or without a Remote?
    Did you try that method?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mikajna For This Useful Post:

doctore (17th December, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikajna View Post
    Did you try that method?
    No, I don't have any spare Remotes to try. Hopefully someone who needs to add a Remote key will see this thread & let us know if it works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Can anyone send me PM mihotd?s email??? Thanks in advance

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

"1. Turn the Ignition switch to accessory position using a key, without the remote attached."

It is interesting what info are containing user pages of these keys with only transponder but no remote.
    Maybe it is all FFFF and car can add new remote using this transponder with above procedure? I doubt so but if someone have such key and knows its PIN then we can see what is inside user pages and give a light what's going on.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RFRemotes For This Useful Post:

Cesarec (8th March, 2017), mikajna (13th January, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

5. Turn ignition OFF.

This is on about the older remotes with one big button one small button.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paul_12345 View Post
    This is on about the older remotes with one big button one small button.
    Which older mate, like for 307? 6554RC and similar?