Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry skybox f5 1st day software probs?

hi all just got my box today ,been reading the forum and got a lot of info , so far installed the channel list ,sealions all working ,
    but is this a box for 1 sat ? can't seem to find any other then sky ,
    going into multisat setup and i only have the one ,do i have to set up 19.2 /13 16 ,manually?
    also channel changes are very slow if it registers the button press ,new batts are installed, and by pressing up down and prog up down ,I'm getting random things happing like recording ,number input ,if i'm going up in the movies fav it will go to channel say 7 itv not the next in the list ,and within a hour i've already had i lock up i know its a cheap box but surly the remote should work ?
    really missing my spiderbox r.i.p
    any ideas ?
    cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

setup other sats manually and do blind scan or download a pre-done channel list with it on(doubt you will get one though. ive seen a 28.2 and 13 together but thats it). the up and down arrows you are using(small one on left) scrolls through the favourites cats its not channel up and down buttons you use LARGE arrows for that. dont think its software probs you have but user probs not use to the remote functions. but remots are not very good on these boxes its well known.
    Last edited by sb18180; 26th March, 2013 at 08:28 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bam27beer View Post
    hi all just got my box today ,been reading the forum and got a lot of info , so far installed the channel list ,sealions all working ,
    but is this a box for 1 sat ? can't seem to find any other then sky ,
    going into multisat setup and i only have the one ,do i have to set up 19.2 /13 16 ,manually?
    also channel changes are very slow if it registers the button press ,new batts are installed, and by pressing up down and prog up down ,I'm getting random things happing like recording ,number input ,if i'm going up in the movies fav it will go to channel say 7 itv not the next in the list ,and within a hour i've already had i lock up i know its a cheap box but surly the remote should work ?
    really missing my spiderbox r.i.p
    any ideas ?
    cheers

If you installed AJ's list or Mast's channel lists then these are designed for 28.2? east only and therefore you only have one satellite listed in the menu, You will have to add these manually unless someone has an F3/F5 multi satellite list they are willing to upload here for you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cheers i might have a go at doing a multi sat list is there a good channel editor for this? got one from my spider but i'm taking it there not the same ,
    also gonna see if a harmony remotes better if someones uploaded a set for it , other then that just gonna use the epg

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bam27beer View Post
    cheers i might have a go at doing a multi sat list is there a good channel editor for this? got one from my spider but i'm taking it there not the same ,
    also gonna see if a harmony remotes better if someones uploaded a set for it , other then that just gonna use the epg

you could have a look at this editor here: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...studio-312684/ to see if that will do what you need, as for the remote i only ever use a harmony although i have never tried it on a F3/F5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first day with an F5 too, +1 re the remote control, already ordered a logitech harmony 300i. Oh and my first day on this forum also soaking up all the great info, much appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a problem with my skybox F5, after pressed the vformat button on the remote control, everything is gone, could anyone help to give the detailed instruction to reset the program.
    Thanks in advance.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qinrun View Post
    I have a problem with my skybox F5, after pressed the vformat button on the remote control, everything is gone, could anyone help to give the detailed instruction to reset the program.
    Thanks in advance.
    Keep pressing the same button until your picture returns

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qinrun View Post
    Thanks in advance.
    You have selected a video format that your TV can't handle.

I don't know if it's firmware or box dependant, but on my old S9, the first time I press the V format button it shows the resolution. If I press it again within a couple of seconds, it then changes the resolution. So you may have to press the button twice within a second or 2, then wait a few seconds to see if your TV can recognise it. If not, press it twice again etc. until you see a picture again.

You could also try connecting by scart. I'm not sure if this is affected by the V format button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please help! We have just got F5 skybox. Installed latest firmware and Gift but the Gift are showing offline. Have tried for hours but just cant get anything other than free view ones. What am I doing wrong? Appreciate any help you can give.
    Last edited by digicon; 12th May, 2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: C/S

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

First of all welcome to the forum. Secondly the mention of lines is against the rules.
    Seeing as this thread will be deleted soon i suggest you contact your provider to ask what you have just asked.

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the monkeys nuts View Post
    Please help! We have just got F5 skybox. Installed latest firmware and clines but lines are showing offline. Have tried for hours but just cant get any channels other than free view ones. What am I doing wrong? Appreciate any help you can give.
    After you put line into your box did you reboot your box?
    Have you connected to the internet, if you have, have you tried connecting to youtube?
    In the network settings find the ip address of your box and then on your pc try pinging your box that will tell if your box has connected to your network. You ping your box by using the command console (cmd) this can be found in the accessories folder, once in the console type ping ipaddressofbox.

Good luck.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mahrkpat For This Useful Post:

wally6529 (26th September, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mahrkpat View Post
    After you put line into your box did you reboot your box?
    Have you connected to the internet, if you have, have you tried connecting to youtube?
    In the network settings find the ip address of your box and then on your pc try pinging your box that will tell if your box has connected to your network. You ping your box by using the command console (cmd) this can be found in the accessories folder, once in the console type ping ipaddressofbox.

Good luck.
    Thanks, just done all of the above and now showing online but channels still scrambled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Talk to who ever gave you Gift.
    Last edited by digicon; 12th May, 2013 at 01:31 PM.