Register
Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!
    I have flashed my DB 500 HD with a bad file so i can?t get it to work now.
    I flashed it with webbbrowser.
    Have tried to flash it with dreamup v1.3.3.9
    but it go stuck on upload progres(upload completed,wating for acknowledge...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mine stuck at connection prepared connect the dreambox.. connected but nothing happens. installs as a usb-serial ch340 in my PC ( windows 7 , tired on my labtop windows xp home as well )

usb to serial adapter problem ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry just to check, so i would need to get the latest image and flash in this way to update my set?
    sorry never flash the set before. normally is bring to store to flash it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

you dont need to have the latest image (the image is the name for the tv software) on my box i use what are considered older images (i use nabilo maxvar v8 on my dm500 ) really all thats older (or out dated ) are things like the satellite.xml file (this holds all the satellites and channel frequencies ) and that can be updated very easy by putting an up todate satellite.xml file into the box which will over write the old one ,then you scan for channels and your box finds all the current channels .

the other thing would be bouquets (or favourites lists ) sadly some channels can be gone (stopped broadcasting ) or the can have moved frequency etc but again its very easy to get an up to date bouquet file and pop it into your box .
    i love it when a dreambox comes together.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to piopat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sgowkiss
    Where do you get this type of cable and where do you put it in the pc is it the terminal that has I0I0I0?

Search on @bay for null modem cable, cost about ?3. and plugs into the back of your PC (you cant go wrong),

looks like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi gurus, is it not possible to flash a DM500C using ethernet with dreamup? it tells me "Unable to open com port, aborting"

What i have setup

1. Usb -> serial with null cable. Driver installed but having conflict. Tried changing between Com 1 and Com 2 but to no avail.
    2. Setup DM500C to be on DHCP. Able to get an IP and ping the box via command prompt but dreamup does not allow other methods other than serial port.

Any advice or what program i should use? Thanks in advance!

I managed to resolve the driver issue for prolific usb -> serial adapters for Win 7 64-bit. Here is a link for the driver required.
    http://www.cooldrives.com/lib/cooldr...l-adapters.zip

However, i am facing another problem now. Currently running Dreamup 1.3.3.4 but Dreamup is stuck on asking me to turn on the dreambox.
    Verified com port settings are correct and reflected in Dreamup. However, changing to Com 1 or Com 2 does not resolve the issue.
    Any further advice?
    Last edited by NT-Social; 8th April, 2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Updated troubleshooting steps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks! Gonna try this after getting the null modem cable tmr. Hope everything will go well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sir,
    need advice to flash my newly bought dreambox 500-c. i've been sending for repair twice for the past 2 months. it cost me $40 each time. please help me. thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bro. above download not working. Why? it say corrupted. Please advice and thanks for your wonderful tutorial. now i hope i did not need to sent my dreambox for flashing again. thank you very much. it has cost me $80 for reflash for the past every 2 months. thank you thank you thank you.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My dreambox serial port seem to be damaged. I also cant flash tru telnet. Any idea how i could flash my dreambox or where can i go to repair the serial port?? Thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys..Help needed!! I tried flashing my DM500, but half way thru it aborted! Used DreamUp 1331 and PLI Jade3. This is the msg I got : 10:01:59 AM box type: DM500
    10:02:08 AM Ping result: OK, box is alive and speaking to us ;-)
    10:02:20 AM Found no valid jffs2 in image, flash-erase not supported
    10:02:20 AM Uploading file to box...
    10:02:27 AM ERROR , upload aborted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piopat View Post
    you dont need to have the latest image (the image is the name for the tv software) on my box i use what are considered older images (i use nabilo maxvar v8 on my dm500 ) really all thats older (or out dated ) are things like the satellite.xml file (this holds all the satellites and channel frequencies ) and that can be updated very easy by putting an up todate satellite.xml file into the box which will over write the old one ,then you scan for channels and your box finds all the current channels .

the other thing would be bouquets (or favourites lists ) sadly some channels can be gone (stopped broadcasting ) or the can have moved frequency etc but again its very easy to get an up to date bouquet file and pop it into your box .
    Hi, i used the first link in your signature to download a pli image. i rmb mine was from pli. but what program must i use to upload the image into the box? very noob at this! i googled but alot of terms i dont understand. pls help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

chachboom I sent you a pm mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm stuck at the part where I turn on the power and nothing loads!? i've tried reading the post here but i can't seem to have a solutions. please help!
    BTW, I'm connecting my null modem cable to my PC via a USB to serial converter. not sure whether this affects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

that can be a problem , did you install a suitable driver ? (that's a bit of software for the usb adaptor) you need the driver so that (simply put) that computer knows its got a device attached to it . the problem is its very hard or in my experience impossible to get a driver that works with windows vista laptops and even xp laptops . what box have you got ? as you may have other options to flash your box .